Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

So am I........... The rooms seems to be running good, and the plants are healthy- then add in it's well known to be a heavy yielder- this will be a fair test for the lights. I'm $2800 into them, not much i can do about it either way. What this actually tells me is- do I have to grow heavy yielders all the time to make my weight- or will it over produce enough so I can pick medium yielding strains too.

mikeross

mikeross

Not to much info on the boards about these Gavita's... lots of guys on instagram using them. They all seem to be running low-medium yielding but very high quality strains. From what I can see, doesn't matter the strain, you will see an improvement with these LED's over SE HPS.

So you aren't running a sealed room right, just supplemented co2 but also venting at the same time?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

SSHZ are going to get a Co2 burner? I got a buddy looking at 2 burner for in a 6 x16 room, do you guys think that would be big enough, I no its quite a sealed room, I don't like the idea of burning Co2 in a basement room. what do you guys think?.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
He returned his ac if you look above.

My thought is the far red and green in the spectrum should penetrate further into the buds and leaves covered by the buds per the second bugbee video I shared. In other words, this is exactly the point in the grow where I'd expect these choices in the spectrum to make a difference...bud swelling and density-packing. I actually just picked up some supplemental far red (1 bar of like 32 diodes) with this theory in mind.

Obviously I could be totally wrong. You watched the same video I did and so probably understand my thinking. We will see over the next few weeks!

sshz

sshz

I raised the one light to get an unobstructed view of this side of the room.......these don't seem as thick as the other side.

IMG 0162

sshz

sshz

So, at this point I really don't consider the room a "closed room"....... as I'm leaving the door open for temperature control. I do shut it up at various points in the day, then open it if the temps get too high- above 85 degrees. When I add more ventilation to the room when I'm done the crop, I'm hoping the door can stay shut more.

No A/C now in the room, I returned it as it wasn't effective......the CO2 burner would only add MORE heat in there and is probably not the way to go. If I hit the 4 lb. mark, I won't add it moving forward. If I don't, I'll have to consider (again) a tank and regulator. So I'm letting the room yield decide for me how to proceed.

Regarding the size of the A/C, a floor unit probably won't ever work- you would need a window unit of a decent size to make a difference. I do remember reading somewhere about the size of their unit, but I don't remember how many btu's it was, probably 9,000-10,000.

Area To Be Cooled (square feet)Capacity Needed (BTUs per hour)
300 up to 3508,000
350 up to 4009,000
400 up to 45010,000
450 up to 55012,000

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

So, at this point I really don't consider the room a "closed room"....... as I'm leaving the door open for temperature control. I do shut it up at various points in the day, then open it if the temps get too high- above 85 degrees. When I add more ventilation to the room when I'm done the crop, I'm hoping the door can stay shut more.

No A/C now in the room, I returned it as it wasn't effective......the CO2 burner would only add MORE heat in there and is probably not the way to go. If I hit the 4 lb. mark, I won't add it moving forward. If I don't, I'll have to consider (again) a tank and regulator. So I'm letting the room yield decide for me how to proceed.

Regarding the size of the A/C, a floor unit probably won't ever work- you would need a window unit of a decent size to make a difference. I do remember reading somewhere about the size of their unit, but I don't remember how many btu's it was, probably 9,000-10,000.

Area To Be Cooled (square feet)Capacity Needed (BTUs per hour)
300 up to 3508,000
350 up to 4009,000
400 up to 45010,000
450 up to 55012,000

yup summertime can just be a bitch with heat and wanting to run co2 etc. In my main rooms I run mini splits that fixes the problem for heat and cold year round. in the smaller rooms I have the heat cold issues all the same.

Madmax

Madmax

Are they browning a little early compared to your other grows sshz .i bet you sleep nice with the aroma floating through the house 😃..

Edit: i meant to ask whats the ppm of your room at this stage..

sshz

sshz

I'm upping the ppm a bit now to push them harder as we head to the wire...........I'm at about 750 ppm now. I don't really see too much difference in timing, there may be a bit more resin at this point. Pistils have to brown, pods have to expand and resin needs to pop so a lot has to happen moving forward. The big issue now will become humidity, as I like to get down to 35%-40% deep in flowering as that will reduce any chance of mold and I believe will increase resin production. I also start to water less the last weeks, letting them dry out more (this helps with humidity issues too).

Taurid

Taurid

Just read through thread, Great info, helps me a lot. Currently I have Wedding Cake, Triple cheese, White Widow auto and zkittlez OG auto under a 4w timbergrow COB LED. First time with a LED. Thanks again for posting

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I haven't spoken on it and I don't really want to go into it too much, but since you asked... I have a pack of seeds that probably won't germinate anyway. I didn't really want to get rid of them and the person who wanted them didn't like that. Let's just say he controls things here. My main account hasn't been banned, but I can't load pages haha. I have been a member here for a long time and to be honest, that reaction sucked quite a bit. I still have a few homies here that I care to communicate with and view their threads. I constantly send out seeds that I make under this name anyway, so it was just the next best thing haha. Thanks for always having killer threads. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
😳😳damn like that? That’s a bummer. Still appreciate you stankzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom