Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

I reckon yours bro would of got to that size in a couple more weeks..if indoors is anything like outside the first month they are very slow.but the nxt month they quadtripple.id say yours would have doubled in two more weeks.looks like 4 plants in there?

sshz

sshz

Just a few things................I watched a different podcast last night I found with Irie Seeds and 4-5 other growers discussing strains and growing. First off, I'm starting to have some doubts about Rasta Jeff, and this will be probably be the last strain of Irie's I do. After numerous bowls and dabs, he started talking about Orange Gasm, stating it should take 8.5-9 weeks to finish- but in his other podcast it's 60-70 days. He's all over the place and can't seem to keep his facts straight. At this point I'm guessing 9 weeks is right except for those Golden Goat leaners, which will need all of 70 day or more.

Next, the smell has really come on over night. It's like someone turned on a smell switch. I'm seeing a lot more resin production and browning of pistils, which obviously has something to do with it. I would have thought something so citrusy would be a bit lighter and sour- this hit me like a kush hammer this morning.

Lastly, glad I lowered the lights a bit, as I starting to see buds expand before my eyes. It's probably just that time for the buds to take off too, but I'm getting happier and more confident (yield wise) with each passing day.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Just a few things................I watched a different podcast last night I found with Irie Seeds and 4-5 other growers discussing strains and growing. First off, I'm starting to have some doubts about Rasta Jeff, and this will be probably be the last strain of Irie's I do. After numerous bowls and dabs, he started talking about Orange Gasm, stating it should take 8.5-9 weeks to finish- but in his other podcast it's 60-70 days. He's all over the place and can't seem to keep his facts straight. At this point I'm guessing 9 weeks is right except for those Golden Goat leaners, which will need all of 70 day or more.

Next, the smell has really come on over night. It's like someone turned on a smell switch. I'm seeing a lot more resin production and browning of pistils, which obviously has something to do with it. I would have thought something so citrusy would be a bit lighter and sour- this hit me like a kush hammer this morning.

Lastly, glad I lowered the lights a bit, as I starting to see buds expand before my eyes. It's probably just that time for the buds to take off too, but I'm getting happier and more confident (yield wise) with each passing day.
Tbh, I think he has some good stuff but idk about his dedication to breeding projects. He moves fast and doesn't seem to stabilize things much.

sshz

sshz

His mothers have all been donated to him or he's bought them.........so he's using others' genetics to make his stuff. Nothing wrong with that I guess, he's just wacked ALL the time which turns me off. If you saw his early podcast, he has brain damage from an accident (or something along those lines) and is probably dealing with some aspects of that too. By all reports, his stuff is stable but he's mostly into sativa's that grow tall, which isn't necessary my thing.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
His mothers have all been donated to him or he's bought them.........so he's using others' genetics to make his stuff. Nothing wrong with that I guess, he's just wacked ALL the time which turns me off. If you saw his early podcast, he has brain damage from an accident (or something along those lines) and is probably dealing with some aspects of that too. By all reports, his stuff is stable but he's mostly into sativa's that grow tall, which isn't necessary my thing.
Yeah. I like to listen to him sometimes and making that much content is not easy. But I agree with what you wrote.

sshz

sshz

I’m actually referring to a someone else’s podcast, he was just a guest and Orange Gasm was one of the topics. I’ll find it and add a link to it. It was on YouTube.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Rasta talks the talk so to say, So as long as he is putting what he says into practice, I think he's a good breeder,Everyone is using someone else's gear now a days. One thing I never heard about him was him having any hermie issues, So that would suggest he is working is gear right. Another thing about him is he adds lots of info about his gear on his website etc. . He openly talks about the aromas and flavors , terps , Potency: yield etc. so he worked it enough to know it and be confident enough to put it out there.
Look at all the so called breeders, and supposed to be these really good breeders, and your lucky enough if you can the name of the mother and father and maybe how long it will take to grow. you contact then on IG email etc asking about flavors pheno's , structure etc and can't even get a reply, Fuck that pisses me off, I mean with the stuff I breed I know that stuff of the top of my head.

sshz

sshz

A few things tonight..............

As I've said, I received my seeds from Dr. GreenThumb. All told it took about 5 weeks to receive, and I sent the money order by International Express mail. When receiving them was in doubt, I went to the MoneyGram website and saw the Money Oder ($375) was never cashed. So I initiated a trace and replacement, which I received a couple of days ago. I kind of feel bad about it, and if and when he goes to deposit it- it has a stop payment on it now. If he contacts me in the future, I'll have to make good on it. My wife was worried about the "karma" of it all- I told her I give away plenty of seeds to make up for it. Either way, who doesn't cash a M.O. 5 weeks after receiving it??????

The big question of the day remains the final yield of the room. It's been asked over and over- what my general impressions are. You know, with the HPS- the potential was always there-even if you screw up the grow a bit. I'm guessing the LED's are less forgiving and a screw up here and there would have a serious impact on the final numbers. My guesstimate right now is between 58-62 oz- just below the mark. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised but I think the higher end number is doubtful. Much of this will depend how dense the buds become- if they are airy, no chance. If they harden up like a rock- it's party time. Anyone want to guess how much weight would be added to the final mark by using a CO2 tank and regulator???????

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A few things tonight..............

As I've said, I received my seeds from Dr. GreenThumb. All told it took about 5 weeks to receive, and I sent the money order by International Express mail. When receiving them was in doubt, I went to the MoneyGram website and saw the Money Oder ($375) was never cashed. So I initiated a trace and replacement, which I received a couple of days ago. I kind of feel bad about it, and if and when he goes to deposit it- it has a stop payment on it now. If he contacts me in the future, I'll have to make good on it. My wife was worried about the "karma" of it all- I told her I give away plenty of seeds to make up for it. Either way, who doesn't cash a M.O. 5 weeks after receiving it??????

The big question of the day remains the final yield of the room. It's been asked over and over- what my general impressions are. You know, with the HPS- the potential was always there-even if you screw up the grow a bit. I'm guessing the LED's are less forgiving and a screw up here and there would have a serious impact on the final numbers. My guesstimate right now is between 58-62 oz- just below the mark. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised but I think the higher end number is doubtful. Much of this will depend how dense the buds become- if they are airy, no chance. If they harden up like a rock- it's party time. Anyone want to guess how much weight would be added to the final mark by using a CO2 tank and regulator???????
Imo you would have to run higher humidity to fully reap more benefits from the CO2. I know this goes against your experience but I'm confident that would be the case and I feel that could be part of the concern on not seeing as big of return on the led with CO2.

Added: I think your humidity is bang on for night time but would benefit from a much higher humidity during photosynthesis. The increased size of the stomatal openings would/should greatly improve CO2 assimilation. When not running CO2 you may not see much of a difference. Nightime humidity is the bane for growers in terms of fungus and mold. During photosynthesis the increase to stomata size from a higher humidity means more gas exchange and better CO2 assimilation rate. IMO this plays a very large role on how much benefit we see from co2 and why as we drive plants harder VPD becomes more crucial. While in the past without it not so much. The report on VPD causing mold fungus I attribute to improper use and that humidity spike most don't notice at lights out. When calculated and applied properly I have seen major differences in my tinkering with it. Of course in this soil grow I just don't have things dialed in enough to see the gains I should be seeing. But in my hydro it made an absolute unmistakable difference when comparing

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua.......so what are the ideal humidity Ranges for day and night times?
It changes. I did a little write up that should explain it. Now again this is one of those things like nutrients you should still read the plants some genetics like the higher or lower end but it's pretty easy to see if the leaves are swelling the humidity is a bit high. Always 10-15% lower humidity at night is ideal with out or with minimal transpiratation higher humidity is not needed and a lower humidity will keep the risk of mold or fungus lower. If you use the calculator or there are even apps now while taking into account leaf temps then you should have no issues. I gave also ideal ranges of KPA (kilopascals) for the stages of growth in it. Not all my work but from various sources and I added to it. I have spent quite a bit of time tinkering and verifying it. I'm a very firm believer when used properly makes a world of difference. Again strains WILL vary in thier liking so it's a guide with ranges but the plants should be the deciding factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom