Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm not sure what you are asking....... do you mean how deep the buds go below the top of the canopy? If so, i can take another video.
Yes. I'm super curious about penetration. Thank you!

sshz

sshz

Wow can you ever see the development difference. Some definately are going to run a bit longer but looks great man. Very uniform bud size.

If we go by Rasta Jeff's podcast on the strain, he said 60-70 days but a few may be done a couple of days before 60 or a couple of days after 70. He did say to be safe, just cut the entire room at 70 days which is/was the plan. I always thought things get one quicker under LED's, now I'm not so sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If we go by Rasta Jeff's podcast on the strain, he said 60-70 days but a few may be done a couple of days before 60 or a couple of days after 70. He did say to be safe, just cut the entire room at 70 days which is/was the plan. I always thought things get one quicker under LED's, now I'm not so sure.
I don't have enough experience under HID to form an opinion on that. I do feel like that there is yet to be studies done that may show some spectrums or ratios of that may influence ripening times. But just to many other influences in the mix for me to even guess.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Those look much shorter than your other plants... Was veg time the same? Maybe just the strain? The buds look very nice and dense though no larf there.
There was extensive discussion of the blue in the spectrum and his shorter plants a few weeks back.

sshz

sshz

And a closeup............

IMG 0174

sshz

sshz

Those look much shorter than your other plants... Was veg time the same? Maybe just the strain? The buds look very nice and dense though no larf there.

That plant is of the same height as all the other plants in the room.............not sure you were talking about now OR past room under HPS. It's a good representation of everything going on. I told everyone early on I was surprised how SHORT everything stayed, especially for a full-blown sativa. No one is more surprised than me, although I'm not complaining.........veg time was my normal 28-30 day period, I rarely go past that.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That plant is of the same height as all the other plants in the room.............not sure you were talking about now OR past room under HPS. It's a good representation of everything going on. I told everyone early on I was surprised how SHORT everything stayed, especially for a full-blown sativa. No one is more surprised than me, although I'm not complaining.........veg time was my normal 28-30 day period, I rarely go past that.
So basically four weeks from when they first pop their heads up or from first multifingered leaves or?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah vs HPS... Sorry should have been more clear.

sshz

sshz

So just for argument sake.......the plant we looked at has 10 branches, and they average 7 grams each dried- that would be 70 grams and we are basically at the 2.5 oz needed per plant to make weight. I think it’s there, considering we still have 3.5 weeks to fatten and harden up.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Hey SSHZ Thanks for posting the video's , I think your plants are great, I mean new room, new light and first time with this strain. 3.5 weeks to go I think you'll pack on a fair bit of weight. here is something that I noticed between my rooms, A/C heated Room consistent temp etc is always exactly the same from grow to grow, None A/C heated rooms warmer in summer cooler in winter always seem to be about bang in the winter time but always run a .5 to 1 week longer in summer. could be a lot of things I feed different in the summer higher temps humidity most likely, So hard to say if its the light making the grow a little longer or something else, next should answer that for you.

Looking at your plants I guessing their about 2.5 feet tall, I'll know soon but from what I see about this plant I'm betting with the same veg time, if I even go quite that long because I'll be expecting more stretch, I'm thinking under my DE HPS I'll be looking at 4 to 4.5 foot plant and if so thats where the extra weight would come from, just the bigger plant, My thinking is, which I don't know but would like to find out if its some way we could measure it is, the weight of the same size bud from your led light to the same size bud from my hps. I bet there is very little difference from all the top bud, full sunlight buds. would be interesting to measure.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

After watching your grow SSHZ you definitely peak my interest in LED's , The only thing right now holding me back is the $1500 + per light their not cheap, otherwise I'd take 2 controlled rooms and do a Led vs HPS start top finish.

sshz

sshz

Remember I topped once too, along with all the defoliations. As I've said, no doubt you'll get more weight from the HPS but you'll have to consider the quality of the buds, which I suspect will diminish a bit. So we'll have you doing the Orange Gasm again as a comparison, and 3 of you doing the Sweet Zombie (all in different countries- LOL) not including me IF I decide to go with that next time. I'm still thinking about it and have a few weeks before I have to decide.

Dr.......personally, I'd be comparing grams per watt, not size of buds. That's what interests me most. I'll keep notes so we can compare down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom