Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

I actually stopped smoking cigarettes 4 1/2 yrs ago as my lungs were getting congested and was smoking cones every couple hrs just about and had done so since i was a teen.ive cut down on cannabis considerably and only smoke every now and then..rips my head off now and it taken ages for get rid of the conjestion trying to bring it up off my lungs..i gotta do what your doing now and start doing edibles..

sshz

sshz

Whats the overall amber ratio to the plants sshz.ive always seen parts of plants mature sooner than others..maybe that could b the case here..(had more amber)..id scope one thats milky and dry and smoke that..or even one that has a little clear just to see the effect it has.a little more racy but..

I just checked the trichomes........in the 1st plant, I'm seeing 5% clear, 10%-15% amber and the rest is cloudy........ it could be I took this plant a few days early in terms of trichomes, but it sure looked done otherwise and I was worried about it degrading. I'm not touching any other plants til Thursday, when everything that's ready will be cut down. I think there's 7-8 that will need more time unfortunately........

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I traded booze for pot in terms of every day use. Down forty pounds in a year. Back to college weight! Exercise, quitting cigs completely, and a diet also obviously contributed, but the amount I feel better since not drinking is ridiculous (I had to do something, elevated liver enzymes and sky high cholesterol in my mid 30s was only going one way without a change...)

Still have a couple socially, but that's it. Hopefully I can find a way to incorporate more edibles into my routine. My worry with them as much as anything is actually building up a big tolerance....but now that I will have a huge supply for one household, I may not care....

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I just checked the trichomes........in the 1st plant, I'm seeing 5% clear, 10%-15% amber and the rest is cloudy........ it could be I took this plant a few days early in terms of trichomes, but it sure looked done otherwise and I was worried about it degrading. I'm not touching any other plants til Thursday, when everything that's ready will be cut down. I think there's 7-8 that will need more time unfortunately........
That sounds good to me for a sativa leaner...

sshz

sshz

This is the video that convinced me to grow Sweet Zombie, although it's of Zombie Virus. So, the Zombie Virus is one of the parents, Black Domina is the other. The video is from 2011, I grew it originally in 2017. I want you to pay particular attention to 1) the size of the center cola and 2) the size of the sun leaves.

Madmax

Madmax

Huuge mofo leaves can def see it got that from its dad..those leaves are a photosynthesis monsters..

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have asthma too, but it's more tied to my allergies, which are bad this time of year. I'm sure a large number of us on THCFarmer has breathing issues, with many not knowing the extent of theirs yet.........
Been a daily pot smoker for 35 years took about 5 years off when my kids were young but besides that I’d say everyday, i don’t smoke cigs, I recently had some lung function test done for confined spaces and painting, anyhow I thought for sure I’d fail and not get certified in the end I tested at 95% Better than most non smokers - then the doc proceeded to explain how pot can actually help repair damaged cells!

JoryK

JoryK

Hi brother,
I’ve been growing under my/hps fir about 25yrs now and am seriously considering switching to led’s. What do you think of them in comparison to hps?
Also, have you gone they a complete grow cycle yet? I’m curious to know if you ended up with more or less total yield w/the led’s.
Thx,
J

sshz

sshz

This Thursday will be 70 days in flowering and much of the crop will be chopped then. Yield looks superior, as does quality, but stick around and we’ll know for sure in a couple of weeks. For more, try reading thru the thread to get you up to date.

sshz

sshz

WEIGHT UPDATE.......

Plant 1......... weight is down to 4 oz, 17 grams. It's pretty dry and readily smokeable at this point.

Plant 2......... weight is down to 4 oz., 3 grams. It still has a slight ways to go.

But together, it's 8 oz, 20 grams with some additional drying to go and then a final trim. Still though, it will end up over 8 oz for an average of over 4 oz per plant. I also wanted to mention.........no oranges, not even citrus or grapefruit. It still reminds me more of a skunk in most ways.

1st pic is an outside pic of the 8 oz in a tupperware container....... the 2nd pic is inside under a flashlight.
IMG 1237

IMG 1238

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I came across this grow tonight from April 2019......Ethos "Apex". This is the perfect stuff if you want to smoke and NOT get high.......a no-buzz special edition from the breeders at Ethos. Pot that looks this good should surely get you high = BAD breeding!

View attachment 1024655
I got the apex going jn veg. Damn thats not good news!!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
WEIGHT UPDATE.......

Plant 1......... weight is down to 4 oz, 17 grams. It's pretty dry and readily smokeable at this point.

Plant 2......... weight is down to 4 oz., 3 grams. It still has a slight ways to go.

But together, it's 8 oz, 20 grams with some additional drying to go and then a final trim. Still though, it will end up over 8 oz for an average of over 4 oz per plant. I also wanted to mention.........no oranges, not even citrus or grapefruit. It still reminds me more of a skunk in most ways.

1st pic is an outside pic of the 8 oz in a tupperware container....... the 2nd pic is inside under a flashlight.View attachment 1026656
View attachment 1026657
Damn. Nice harvest. Looking more like the final Weight will be in the 100s.

sshz

sshz

I think of it will depend how long I let it dry and how close a trim I give it. I like to leave some moisture in the buds, but not enough to mold up when kept sealed. Regarding trimming, I will leave all stem that is covered by buds- I don't cut buds off of stems. Remember, I'm a commercial grower and weight is important.

If I average on the low end, let's say 3.5 oz- that would be 84 oz. total. I'd say that's a minimum at this point. If the average is 3.75 oz., that would add another 6 oz. taking it to 90 oz. 4 oz average equals 96 oz. All these numbers are kind of blowing my mind, and all are above my best numbers under HPS in a slightly smaller space.

After studying the room tonight, it looks like there will be either 7-8 plants that will need more time. There sure is wide range of finishing times, over a two week spread. The fact that there's no orange or tangerine, the spread of finishing times, the yellowing of the Golden Goat leaners, and the incredible leaf production- I can't say I'd buy from Irie Seeds again. But, to be fair- I think their regular seeds are much better than their fem's.

So, on Thursday I'll chopped about 15 more plants that are ready at 70 days. That will leave 6-7 to finish for another week or so. I may just leave them under the LED's or I may move them all under an HPS in another room- I'll decide when i get to that point.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I think of it will depend how long I let it dry and how close a trim I give it. I like to leave some moisture in the buds, but not enough to mold up when kept sealed. Regarding trimming, I will leave all stem that is covered by buds- I don't cut buds off of stems. Remember, I'm a commercial grower and weight is important.

If I average on the low end, let's say 3.5 oz- that would be 84 oz. total. I'd say that's a minimum at this point. If the average is 3.75 oz., that would add another 6 oz. taking it to 90 oz. 4 oz average equals 96 oz. All these numbers are kind of blowing my mind, and all are above my best numbers under HPS in a slightly smaller space.

After studying the room tonight, it looks like there will be either 7-8 plants that will need more time. There sure is wide range of finishing times, over a two week spread. The fact that there's no orange or tangerine, the spread of finishing times, the yellowing of the Golden Goat leaners, and the incredible leaf production- I can't say I'd buy from Irie Seeds again. But, to be fair- I think their regular seeds are much better than their fem's.

So, on Thursday I'll chopped about 15 more plants that are ready at 70 days. That will leave 6-7 to finish for another week or so. I may just leave them under the LED's or I may move them all under an HPS in another room- I'll decide when i get to that point.
Seems like the lack of orange is....concerning for a strain called orange gasm.

Otoh that's quite a yield assuming this plane lands.

Ultimately, I think he didn't stabilize the strain to a level I would like as a grower, and so I agree. I would not touch his genetics unless I really wanted golden goat. Don't think he's particularly dishonest or anything...we just aren't pot compatible.

Cracken

Cracken

Seems like the lack of orange is....concerning for a strain called orange gasm.

Otoh that's quite a yield assuming this plane lands.

Ultimately, I think he didn't stabilize the strain to a level I would like as a grower, and so I agree. I would not touch his genetics unless I really wanted golden goat. Don't think he's particularly dishonest or anything...we just aren't pot compatible.
You mean comPOTable

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I regret it too..........

By the way, since I smoke it a few days ago, I’ve felt like shit in my chest. Happens every time now, just can’t smoke the evil weed anymore. The irony of it all........lol
Is vapor any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom