Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Did anyone even guess in the 100 range? Holy crap I was so far off. (LOL, I don't trust what your wife says anymore) I think I had the most stupid guess of the entire bunch.

I was guessing the buds were not as thick and heavy with the LED lights, but that theory was turned on its head.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Highest guess was 89, and many of us laughed it off as ridiculous. Well, I was just in the room and many of the remaining cola’s are super dense and BIG......... I did a trichrome search and everything appears cloudy that I saw....... so, maybe Friday I’ll trim and start the Sweet Zombies on Saturday.

sshz

sshz

You know, that's a good question. I don't, but it is something I need to look into, especially at their prices........... I just ordered 2, one for each light. My rural area and house gets frequent surges, and I'm not taking any chances. They'll be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I'm a commercial grower, people are more than welcome to cure their own. Typically, nothing leaves the house for at least 12-14 days after harvest, and I'm burping everything numerous times a day (every day) until then. It's all pretty tasty, and smokes fine. I don't think most of my people are hard core connoisseurs, where a cure would make much difference to them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm a commercial grower, people are more than welcome to cure their own. Typically, nothing leaves the house for at least 12-14 days after harvest, and I'm burping everything numerous times a day (every day) until then. It's all pretty tasty, and smokes fine. I don't think most of my people are hard core connoisseurs, where a cure would make much difference to them.

Its sort of the opposite for me. I want to cure the flowers at least 4-6 weeks and none of my crowd wants to wait. Less work for me. I cure my own.

sshz

sshz

75% of everything will be smoked and gone within 6 weeks I'm guessing. If it was for my personal use, I'd go about it differently but people want it ASAP normally.......... I'm getting emails daily right now, as I'm passed the original date of sending things out and people are wondering what's up. My youngest daughter is getting married in less than 2 weeks, and I want everything done and over way before that so I can work on clearing the dank smell out of the house.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Just curious man... I'm not a commercial grower. We usually do one big grow each year and then I just fuck around for the rest of it until around spring sometime. It's all personal consumption so... no one is banging my email. Friends and family arent clued into the fact that I grow. They do know that I know one hell of a grower who doesnt want more customers. :))) Fact is I have none. So when I harvest my main crop for the year, its typically a decent amount of weight that fills a lot of jars. And when we are about 6 months into that stash, all of the sudden it gets A LOT better. Less is more. But if you're selling its not like you want to be sitting on 6 months of stash either.

Dopey28

Dopey28

You know, that's a good question. I don't, but it is something I need to look into, especially at their prices........... I just ordered 2, one for each light. My rural area and house gets frequent surges, and I'm not taking any chances. They'll be here tomorrow.

I also live rurally and just picked up a pair of spydr 2i (my first foray into led as well)

While assembling stuff yesterday it hit me. Damn should I be getting a surge protector for these. Is that even a thing I should worry about ?..... I’ll ask the guys on the farm they will know lol.

Thanks for sharing your grows. information on these high end lights and grows with them seems to be quite scarce and yours is by far the most informative thread I have seen! Thanks for taking the time to put it together and help the rest of us out!

TheRealJamesBean

TheRealJamesBean

Seeds Here Now .com
Supporter
After over 30+ years of growing under HPS bulbs, I've finally made the switch to LED's. Bigtime! 2 of these LED's cost me over $2800 delivered. Everything is new- a new room, 2 new lights, a new strain, a different exhaust system, new pots, etc........

Excessive heat was the main reason for the change, as my summer crops were never as nice as my winter ones. The LED's use about 400 watts less each so there will be some electricity savings too. I was averaging over 2 lbs. a 1000 watt light no problem, I don't expect to get there with these. But I'm assuming the overall quality will be better in the long run.

The Orange Gasm is a heavy yielding, mostly sativa strain that Rafsta Jeff claims is all about the orange and tangerine taste and smell it puts off. It's genetics are Platinum Tangie X Golden Goat. Irie uses the Golden Goat in a lot of it's strains. If you want more info on it, you can check out this podcast detailing the strain:

More to come including some pic's when I get around to it.
Rasta Jeff is a solid breeder and always there for any questions you may have

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Highest guess was 89, and many of us laughed it off as ridiculous. Well, I was just in the room and many of the remaining cola’s are super dense and BIG......... I did a trichrome search and everything appears cloudy that I saw....... so, maybe Friday I’ll trim and start the Sweet Zombies on Saturday.

For those plants finishing up, another option is to lower your lights as low as you can without burning them, and up the time of light on, And just throwing this out there for your next grow in case you see the plants are going a fair bit longer, do the same with your LED lights lower them and give them more time on in the last week. It boils down to light intensity, We did it with commercial grows , I bet their still doing it in the big rooms, in the last 5-7 days , lower lights and go as high 15-16 hours maybe a few more of lights on. and those trichome finish up.

Madmax

Madmax

I believe you could run the risk of damaging or degrading trichomes (oils) with too high an intensity of light ...less intensity light would b more beneficial me thinks..specially at the end...

sshz

sshz

Rasta Jeff is a solid breeder and always there for any questions you may have

Well, that surely is debatable............. twice I've sent him requests and he said he'd respond in one of his podcasts and never did. The very wide spread in finishing times makes this strain a no-go, at a minimum. He's had access to this thread, and I know at least twice has read thru it, and still never responded. I'm just figuring he didn't want to promote this "older" strain, as there are other newer ones.

sshz

sshz

Moving the lights closer in the end runs against everything I've ever done. If anything, I move them farther away normally to stimulate winter coming and therefore less intense sunlight. Since everything else is being chopped tomorrow, it's really a mute point.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I believe you could run the risk of damaging or degrading trichomes (oils) with too high an intensity of light ...less intensity light would b more beneficial me thinks..specially at the end...
Nope not for that length of time, this isn't a new.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Moving the lights closer in the end runs against everything I've ever done. If anything, I move them farther away normally to stimulate winter coming and therefore less intense sunlight. Since everything else is being chopped tomorrow, it's really a mute point.

exactly but you also had HPS vs these LED have you had may issues of this in the past? its just a suggestion in case it happens next time as well, but it works to finish plants no question I've seen and done it many times, like I said its light intensity, your plants may not be getting the energy they need , in real world outside conditions it no secret equator plants always finish quicker and its been noted by many breeders and they attribute it to high intense light. regardless it stimulates quicker ripening and actually even can cause the buds to swell a little extra right at the end. I know commercial growers that do this, and I bet most of them are.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
exactly but you also had HPS vs these LED have you had may issues of this in the past? its just a suggestion in case it happens next time as well, but it works to finish plants no question I've seen and done it many times, like I said its light intensity, your plants may not be getting the energy they need , in real world outside conditions it no secret equator plants always finish quicker and its been noted by many breeders and they attribute it to high intense light. regardless it stimulates quicker ripening and actually even can cause the buds to swell a little extra right at the end. I know commercial growers that do this, and I bet most of them are.

...one of the reasons I always flower outside and am in dirt because of it. My plants get hauled out at 7am and in promptly at 7pm. And when the days get shorter then the outside time gets earlier. I have much better results in the sun than with any light set up for sure. It's his thread so I'm not going to pop my frost on it. But there are pics going up on my grow this evening to show the progress of some HSC strains. Veg inside? No problem. Why spend a bazillion dollars on fixtures that still don't do everything the sun does? Can't get past that... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom