Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
miko

miko

PS, can the oil be burned? I went a bit long in my distiller and it was smoking and now I wonder, can this oil be burned, or is it still ok even if you cook it a bit long?

miko

miko

PS, can the oil be burned? I went a bit long in my distiller and it was smoking and now I wonder, can this oil be burned, or is it still ok even if you cook it a bit long?

Well shit, looks like you can burn a batch - downside of the distiller, you can't see what its doing without disconnecting and taking off the lid. I burned a batch and thought it might still be fine.. Kind of looks like burnt coffee mixed up in my vape.. don't taste right either.. FUCK...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Well shit, looks like you can burn a batch - downside of the distiller, you can't see what its doing without disconnecting and taking off the lid. I burned a batch and thought it might still be fine.. Kind of looks like burnt coffee mixed up in my vape.. don't taste right either.. FUCK...
I can tell immediately when someone torches a batch hahaha post a pic bro. This bud would be great for a rinse... or just hit it with a lighter i guess.
Screenshot 2016 04 01 22 08 10

miko

miko

20 grams!!! OUCH

I know.. but in the big scheme.. no biggie. It didn't cost me anything, but yeah, I was bummed when I discovered it.
But glad I caught it before sending it to customers.. that would have been bad.. I could smell burnt, so I knew right away.. fucking distiller gets pretty hot fast. No heat setting levels, just ON or OFF, but next time baby sit it more.

Ok, question for you and everyone.

Are we sure 10 seconds shake hard is the sweet spot?
I just want to make sure I am not leaving any wax in the trash??

I don't want it green though, so am staying with this method. I freeze it all and 10 second shake and immediate filter it off...

Second question, any ideas on larger batches? I estimate I am doing about 80 grams of product per shake and then I need like 4 large mason jars w/ coffee filters to get out 5-10 grams of wax..
Didn't know if there was a better way with a larger filter, etc.. or if this is just the best sure method.

Shit, last question. Anyone know about the VAPE cartridges ? 510 thread ones.
They have WICK and NO WICK.
My testers just reported back that about half way through the small cartridge it is no longer working...

Thanks for the help.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I know.. but in the big scheme.. no biggie. It didn't cost me anything, but yeah, I was bummed when I discovered it.
But glad I caught it before sending it to customers.. that would have been bad.. I could smell burnt, so I knew right away.. fucking distiller gets pretty hot fast. No heat setting levels, just ON or OFF, but next time baby sit it more.

Ok, question for you and everyone.

Are we sure 10 seconds shake hard is the sweet spot?
I just want to make sure I am not leaving any wax in the trash??

I don't want it green though, so am staying with this method. I freeze it all and 10 second shake and immediate filter it off...

Second question, any ideas on larger batches? I estimate I am doing about 80 grams of product per shake and then I need like 4 large mason jars w/ coffee filters to get out 5-10 grams of wax..
Didn't know if there was a better way with a larger filter, etc.. or if this is just the best sure method.

Shit, last question. Anyone know about the VAPE cartridges ? 510 thread ones.
They have WICK and NO WICK.
My testers just reported back that about half way through the small cartridge it is no longer working...

Thanks for the help.
Ya i have done it for less and more... if you shake hard 10 seconds is gold. Less than 10 and you wont strip all of the plant matter.. more than 10 and you start pullin chloro. Hell at 30 seconds you can actually see the green tint in the rinse(NO GOOD). If youre worried about getting every trich then make some rso with your washed material. Some will go way longer... some let the shit sit in the jar for a long time but then you have added steps to eliminate the chloro. This is a SIMPLE how to where people can make slabs without turning it into a science project. You can always put your rinsed material under a microscope though to see how much you are pulling. Another thing if youre really wanting to know how much youre missing then get a bud tested... then take that % and wash the bud and you should get roughly that % out in return. If your bud tests at say 18% thc/cbd then your rinse yield should be about 18%... i dont run buds though.. just trim n crap.

People on here have posted larger batches... your work is going to be slower and warmer though... i recommend cooking larger batches not rinsing larger batches. Some will ice water rip all there material to get a lot of the plant materials out...then rinse

miko

miko

Question on something.

Since Everclear is 151 proof and so is cheap vodka.. could you also use that to save some funds on large batches? Or is there a negative to vodka flavoring?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You could distill your own moonshine and somehow save the co2 generated to use on your next grow. Let us know if you figure out how...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Question on something.

Since Everclear is 151 proof and so is cheap vodka.. could you also use that to save some funds on large batches? Or is there a negative to vodka flavoring?
You would just have to try it and see if you like the flavor. ... but basically a stripper is a stripper

miko

miko

You would just have to try it and see if you like the flavor. ... but basically a stripper is a stripper

yes she is. Once a stripper, always a stripper. :)

So Another idea I thought of.. what about taking some cheap alcohol and running it through the distiller?
Wouldn't I then have a pure, moonshine kind of final product I could then use for my batches?
I could use the $10 gallon of vodka and distill it to become a $10 gallon of 90 Proof or close to 100 proof...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
yes she is. Once a stripper, always a stripper. :)

So Another idea I thought of.. what about taking some cheap alcohol and running it through the distiller?
Wouldn't I then have a pure, moonshine kind of final product I could then use for my batches?
I could use the $10 gallon of vodka and distill it to become a $10 gallon of 90 Proof or close to 100 proof...
You would have to ask a shine pro on that one. I would like to start and perfect it but im way too busy to even start yet... one day ill make my own booze. I think shine slabs would be tasty but the one guy i know that did it moved out of town.

miko

miko

Is there a reason everything needs 24 hours in the freezer or do you just need to reach a particular temperature?

no, just make sure its frozen nicely. IF you can do that in less time , great. I leave product over night, but am running a batch shortly where the alcohol has only been in freezer for 2 hours.

miko

miko

So I am going to do a test batch to see how much wax I can pull.

Batch size is 350 grams of finely ground trim (already baked off for use in vapes)

Would love to pull at least 35 grams and even better if I can pull 50.

I picked up 4 bottles of everClear and will be using the distiller to save and re-use again, as I am not sure 4 bottles would quite be enough.

Will keep you posted on results late tomorrow or next day depending on how long it takes to finalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom