• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LI grows

LI grows

I used a food processor.
it was too hard to break up even after soaking in iso, then i contaminated the batch by over filling the filter. no biggy just ran it thru the filter again. cooking now.

miko

miko

Experiment Update: Wax Yield Increase Theory-

General Theory: Using more alcohol & more seconds in shake, may likely result in more yield.

Experiment Results:
Theory DISPROVED after test set 1.

Using Additional Alcohol and a few more seconds on the shake did NOT increase yields.
In fact, less was pulled from the additional alcohol batch, telling us that this apparently depends entirely on base product and not on extra time or extra liquid.

Test Process:
I ran 2 batches to see if using more alcohol really matters.

Results:
Batch 1, 330 grams product. 10-12 second shake, lower amount of everclear per shake.
Result WAX: 16 grams.

Batch 2, 330 grams product. 16-20 second shake, much larger amount of everclear per shake.
Result WAX: 13 grams.

Final Thoughts:

I noticed with batch 2, seemed to be ready much faster and less water to evaporate after sitting all night. So this tends me to believe the batch 2 is potentially a stronger power batch and thus, when making vape oil, in theory batch 2 could stretch farther in a 4:1 or 5:1 oil to wax, when my batches are generally always just a 3:1 ratio.
So if batch 1 would make you 30 vape cartridges and batch 2 would make you 50, then experiment would be a success in final product.

Of course I can't test this theory, but if you could test THC in each run result, you would have this answer. The look and gooey feel is much better than the batch 1, but shit, final quality/strength could be exactly the same. :)

MIKO - OUT

Actually the whole experiment is quite disappointing yield.
I used 660 grams of decent trim and resulted in only 29 grams of wax.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Experiment Update: Wax Yield Increase Theory-

General Theory: Using more alcohol & more seconds in shake, may likely result in more yield.

Experiment Results:
Theory DISPROVED after test set 1.

Using Additional Alcohol and a few more seconds on the shake did NOT increase yields.
In fact, less was pulled from the additional alcohol batch, telling us that this apparently depends entirely on base product and not on extra time or extra liquid.

Test Process:
I ran 2 batches to see if using more alcohol really matters.

Results:
Batch 1, 330 grams product. 10-12 second shake, lower amount of everclear per shake.
Result WAX: 16 grams.

Batch 2, 330 grams product. 16-20 second shake, much larger amount of everclear per shake.
Result WAX: 13 grams.

Final Thoughts:

I noticed with batch 2, seemed to be ready much faster and less water to evaporate after sitting all night. So this tends me to believe the batch 2 is potentially a stronger power batch and thus, when making vape oil, in theory batch 2 could stretch farther in a 4:1 or 5:1 oil to wax, when my batches are generally always just a 3:1 ratio.
So if batch 1 would make you 30 vape cartridges and batch 2 would make you 50, then experiment would be a success in final product.

Of course I can't test this theory, but if you could test THC in each run result, you would have this answer. The look and gooey feel is much better than the batch 1, but shit, final quality/strength could be exactly the same. :)

MIKO - OUT

Actually the whole experiment is quite disappointing yield.
I used 660 grams of decent trim and resulted in only 29 grams of wax.
Good info... what is that about a 4% return... it all depends on the trim material used. Some save all the leaves and run and then some trash the tea leaves and run only the tight trimmed sugar leaves... im sure you would be happier running nugs.. some rinse buds... i dont though

miko

miko

Good info... what is that about a 4% return... it all depends on the trim material used. Some save all the leaves and run and then some trash the tea leaves and run only the tight trimmed sugar leaves... im sure you would be happier running nugs.. some rinse buds... i dont though

4% is pretty shitty though. :(

Thats a ton of product for a small end result. It was pretty good quality of trim.

Many buds mixed in that had seeds so we couldn't use in regular release.

Well, guess I will be thrilled with a 10% return someday. :)

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Good morning :)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
4% is pretty shitty though. :(

Thats a ton of product for a small end result. It was pretty good quality of trim.

Many buds mixed in that had seeds so we couldn't use in regular release.

Well, guess I will be thrilled with a 10% return someday. :)
Well thats where a lot of the weight came from... seeds with ZERO% thc hahaha all good. Another trick is to bag up your trim and throw it in the freezer for about a week. Then tap the bag on the table every day then just run the bottom of the bag. Itll increase yield for sure.

And why the fuck is everything underline now hahaha?!?!?!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Have an oz of chaos I might try giving this another go at tomorrow. See if I can get some punk n snap, as I'm out of wax....I don't smoke flowers any longer, been spoiled on shatter. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom