• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh my words surely I don't use all those oils in the meds? You mean use 2 grams of iso or ethanol or bho etc...to a recipe right?
Here is a link to a woman in New England that has recipes and upon a reach out via her site and email contact will point you in the right direction @GrammaHydro She is very good at what she does. Ask her for help I'm sure she will. http://www.badkatscannapharm.com/

If you can try to incorporate Soy Lecithin in the recipe it works great to allow for easier transition in the blood brain barrier for easier uptake by the human system.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I freeze mine and make one batch of qwet and then re cover the plant matter in iso alcohol and leave it in there for a long time to make edibles from. That way I get dabs and edibles from one batch.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Thanks for making this thread @GT21 , I've always wondered the right way,step by step.

I will be saving my trim for a bang at this later.
STR8

See the thread "shatter i'm old school"

I listed how i make QWISO or ISO hash.

I would rather dav ISO hash than BHO.

Freezing it the second time and filtering inside the freezer tge solids, fats, lipids, and clorophyll are suspended in ice crystals that can't go through the filter.

One downside. When purging the alcohol out of the QWISO keep your temps low or you will ruin the flavonoids, and Terpenes.

I LOVE QWISO. It can be used many different ways

All the ways RSO can be used
In edibles, tinctures, smoked, dabbed, made into ejuice, etc.

Another thing QWISO gives higher yield than RSO and about the same yield as BHO. I usually get 17-24.5%

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Always ALWAYS dry frozen... too much excess water and chloro in fresh

If you filter tge liquid in the freezer (winterize) the clorophyll, fats solids, and lipids will be in ice crystals THT get trapped in the filter.

Winterizing gets rid of those nasties and you have a smoother smoke.

If Someone has a way to vacuum purge QWISO or ISO hash at 110 degrees I honestly believe it would be the death of BHO.

There are two things that ruin ISO hash.

1. Using too much heat (i saw a video where a guy was purging ISO hash with a ____ing blow torch!

2. Not winterizing the liquid to remove clorophyll, solids, fats and lipids.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I don't use any heat. Air dry with a fan only. More surface drying area will help the peocess. I use 11x13 Pyrex dishes, sometimes 4 of them at a time.

I have a pid controller heated 3gal vac purge system.with a 2 stage 5cfm pump. I've purged etoh to a shatter consistancy, never tried iso oil. Too afraid it's gonna blow up in the chamber and make a fn mess.

Last edited:
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I don't use any heat. Air dry with a fan only. More surface drying area will help the peocess. I use 11x13 Pyrex dishes, sometimes 4 of them at a time.

I have a pid controller heated 3gal vac purge system.with a 2 stage 5cfm pump. I've purged etoh to a shatter consistancy, never tried iso oil. Too afraid it's gonna blow up in the chamber and make a fn mess.

Alcohol is flamable like motor oil but not explosive like butane, gasoline.

I'm not afraid of alcohol at all.

I live full time in RV abd use alcohol stoves for making coffee, dehydrated food, Granola, etc. I do use the microwave now and then.

In perfect conditions the Ultimate stove by YouTuber MatoNupai boils two cups of water in 6:30-7:01 and only uses 12.5-13 mls denatured alcohol.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Just open a door or wibdow and blow fumes outside.

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

I apologize for not posting earlier. I have been very busy taking care of everything Grampa used to do plus do what I do as well. Today I should be getting some everclear. I will make the oil concentrate. I think you add some glycerin it that too help it mix well with the gummy bears I plan to make. I also have sunflower lechithin liquid form and I will use that too. I have a whole plant reserved for this. I haven't weighed it yet. I can not try to be scientific...that's way over my head. I want him to get the medical value as well as get a head buzz too.Im gonna be naming my product "Gramma's Percent" lol..because it will have to pass my inspection and evaluation.
Mine will have to be incredibly potent. Both of us has been long term cannabis users...over 36 years of heavy use.
I have another question. The ISO can I consume that? is it safe? I thought since its made from rubbing alcohol it would not be safe.
Thank you all for your comments and prayers. We still need prayers. God Bless

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I apologize for not posting earlier. I have been very busy taking care of everything Grampa used to do plus do what I do as well. Today I should be getting some everclear. I will make the oil concentrate. I think you add some glycerin it that too help it mix well with the gummy bears I plan to make. I also have sunflower lechithin liquid form and I will use that too. I have a whole plant reserved for this. I haven't weighed it yet. I can not try to be scientific...that's way over my head. I want him to get the medical value as well as get a head buzz too.Im gonna be naming my product "Gramma's Percent" lol..because it will have to pass my inspection and evaluation.
Mine will have to be incredibly potent. Both of us has been long term cannabis users...over 36 years of heavy use.
I have another question. The ISO can I consume that? is it safe? I thought since its made from rubbing alcohol it would not be safe.
Glad to hear Gramma!!!! . yes iso is safe to consume in smoke/vape/edible form. The key is to make sure you cook off all the booze whether it be iso or everclear. Positive vibes your way.. hope things get better for you guys.

WS4U

WS4U

Never hafta appoligize for working hard, glad you are keeping at it. Love to your fam from my fam.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Glad to hear Gramma!!!! . yes iso is safe to consume in smoke/vape/edible form. The key is to make sure you cook off all the booze whether it be iso or everclear. Positive vibes your way.. hope things get better for you guys.
I prefer ISO hash oil to BHO. much smoother smoke if you winterize to get rid of the clorophyll fats lipids waxes and solids.

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

Sadly Grandpa passed away this morning 8:32 am. This cancer was quite aggressive and he held information from me because he thought it was best. I don't know what else to say but I know you would want to know.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

ISO is better than Everclear for extraction.

ISO gives 50-100% higher yield and ISO hash stays golden. I get 17.2-24.5% yield with ISO or 12-14.5% with Everclear.

Everclear isca brown Hash oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom