• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks for putting this up so it is known as a simple process and not have to use butane, vac pumps ect. Most of us are in the same boat and when you want to do something like make BHO its alot of start up expense. Atleast using this method its easy and its not a list of more equipment a person has to buy to do a process. Hell a toaster oven is not much in the grand scheme of things....

I was going to quote you but got lazy, the post you said you could feel the bong slipping out of your hands was so true.......Lets get fucked up tore up from the floor up with just a lil dab
Thanks for putting this up so it is known as a simple process and not have to use butane, vac pumps ect. Most of us are in the same boat and when you want to do something like make BHO its alot of start up expense. Atleast using this method its easy and its not a list of more equipment a person has to buy to do a process. Hell a toaster oven is not much in the grand scheme of things....

I was going to quote you but got lazy, the post you said you could feel the bong slipping out of your hands was so true.......Lets get fucked up tore up from the floor up with just a lil dab
No problem bro... ya thats why i make these threads.. many will look at the guys with vacs and blast tubes that cost them thousands of dollars and get discouraged. I try to show the people that in reality. .. you probably have the shit laying around your house to make the stuff And make GOOD stuff.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

No problem bro... ya thats why i make these threads.. many will look at the guys with vacs and blast tubes that cost them thousands of dollars and get discouraged. I try to show the people that in reality. .. you probably have the shit laying around your house to make the stuff And make GOOD stuff.
I am of the opinion that 99% ISO extracts more cannabinoids than butane.

Two examples.

I extracted Girl Scout Cookies and had 24.5% yield AFTER WINTERIZING to remove clorophyll fats lipids and solids. My Friend blasts with butane only gets 21% without winterizing.

Second case

A few weeks ago i found a guy that had 26 grams of Northern Lights (a great strain for my Crohns. He didn't Like the strain because it is low in THC 17% THC 3% CBD. (An Indica/Ruderalis autoflower cross). The buds had to be at least 2-3 months old. I extracted the Northern Lights and had 4.4 grams of concentrate or 16.9% yield

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I am of the opinion that 99% ISO extracts more cannabinoids than butane.

Two examples.

I extracted Girl Scout Cookies and had 24.5% yield AFTER WINTERIZING to remove clorophyll fats lipids and solids. My Friend blasts with butane only gets 21% without winterizing.

Second case

A few weeks ago i found a guy that had 26 grams of Northern Lights (a great strain for my Crohns. He didn't Like the strain because it is low in THC 17% THC 3% CBD. (An Indica/Ruderalis autoflower cross). The buds had to be at least 2-3 months old. I extracted the Northern Lights and had 4.4 grams of concentrate or 16.9% yield
I used to blast for years. I have always liked a booze cook better.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I used to blast for years. I have always liked a booze cook better.

I like the simplicity, safety, lower cost & lower toxicity of this iso technique when compared to butane blasting.

This %99+iso rocks. How fast it evaporates when warmed compared to %70-%90 iso.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I like the simplicity, safety, lower cost & lower toxicity of this iso technique when compared to butane blasting.

This %99+iso rocks. How fast it evaporates when warmed compared to %70-%90 iso.
If you want it to evaporate quickly have a fan blow on the liquid.

It will evaporate much quicker if the moving air disturbs the surface breaking the surface tension

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Generally we look at extractions in terms of yield after 3 washings. Say one removes 80%.

The second will remove ~80% of the remainder
The third will remove a further ~80% of what that leaves behind.

This assumes perfect contact between extractant and extract material, which means:

1. How fine material is ground matters significantly.
2. Agitation matters, most extractions are done too quickly for solutions to mix under thermodynamic conditions; translation: you end up with "hot spots" in your solution where there is super saturation of your solvent, moving it around allows the solution to stay roughly homogenous and provides the best average contact with extract material.

It really depends the matrix you're removing it from and what you're extracting into. Because this is plant material, the more hydrophobic character your solvent has the longer optimal extract time will be. That being said, given ample time such a solvent will also provide a more complete extraction. EtOH and ISO are middle of the ground solvents, somewhere between hydrophobic and hydrophilic, so they provide the best compromise generally.

ISO is more hydrophobic and you'd expect to get more if given enough time to extract. EtOH should penetrate faster but give smaller yield. Take that with a grain of salt, ISO has some special properties as a solvent so this might not always hold.
How long are your washes? Some people do 6 15 second washed.

I Do one Wash of 85-90 seconds. My yield with the one Wash is 17.2-24.5% yield.

I don't get a massive amount of clorophyll but i do winterize the liquid to filter out the clorophyll fats lipids and solids.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I tried it and I gotta say.

Much smoother than I expected.
Usually resin hits ruin my lungs, but after a fat hit of this resin hash oil my lungs clear up and feel great faster than if I had smoked flower.

The smell was awful.
The taste wasn't great, but surprisingly the taste was kind of light.

The potency is good too I was surprised.

This wasn't what I expected out of resin hash oil lol. I can't wait to make some real iso or Rick Simpson oil.

Winterizing is one of the two keys to make good QWISO. Winterizing provides a smoother vape.

The other id dont let the QWISO get too hot. Excessive heat destroys Terpenes ie flavor.

I use a candle warmer or coffee cup warmer for the final purge, and keep tge temp around 120-130 degrees

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

What's your winterizing process 2 bears?GT do you winterize or does the shorter extraction time negate it?

Simple. Alcohol is a polar Solvent that will extract clorophyll fats lipids and solids that makes the hash oil a harsh smoke.

After i seperate the liquid from the plant material i put the liquid back in tgee freezer 6-12 hours. The stuff you don't want in your Hash oil will stick to the bottom and wall of the jar.

Then I filter the liquid through the coffee filter INSIDE the freezer. The clorophyll fats lipids and solids will be in ice crystals (the 1% water in The alcohol)

The liquid alcohol and cannabinoids passes through the filter with ease. The ice crystals gets trapped in the filter.

YouTuber Bongtvlive calls this powdery residual in the coffee filter "Moon Dust"

The vid that taught me winterizing was "QWISO jar method" BG YouTuber Ethanol King 88.

Winterizing to get rid of that stuff that is harsh to the lungs gives you a much smoother smoke. Doesnt irritate my throat and lungs the way smoking the herb or BHO does.

I have noticed a couple BHO producers have started winterizing tge liquid butane and cannabinoids in Dry ice.

Since alcohol is more a polar Solvent than butane winterizing is really essential.

Winterizing QWISO does two things.

1. Gets rid of the harsh parts of the smoke.

2. Increase the purity of your Hash oil.

Any farther questions just ask.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I did a long wash, got green in my wash. I tried winterizing with everything frozen, it came out just as green.

I have never had green liquid. HOS long did you do the Wash? 3-5 minutes or more.

How long did yoy leave the liquid in the freezer before filtering?

After winterizing i always get a pretty yellow liquid.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tonight's mix

20161111 014019

It's a mix of 3 strains I had.
3 top cola's, 1 of each strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom