• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey @GT21 when you wash hash do you use as much ISO as washing trim/buds and do you shake as long? YES.When you pour through the filter are you still getting lil hash patties in your Filter? YES Just trying to make my process better. Stuff is great already but I think I can make it a lot better.

the hash patties should be all plant matter... the trichs have been melted into the liquid.... if you dont have a ton of hash do like 1/4 jar hash then fill it to about 1/2 with liquid...shake HARD ...its stripped in 10 seconds

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

the hash patties should be all plant matter... the trichs have been melted into the liquid.... if you dont have a ton of hash do like 1/4 jar hash then fill it to about 1/2 with liquid...shake HARD ...its stripped in 10 seconds

Ok only thing I haven't been doing is filling above the hash. I'll try washing with more ever clear next time and see how it goes. Thanks dude. Last batch I washed turned out amazing and fully melts leaving no carbon. Glad everclear is cheap here lol.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok only thing I haven't been doing is filling above the hash. I'll try washing with more ever clear next time and see how it goes. Thanks dude. Last batch I washed turned out amazing and fully melts leaving no carbon. Glad everclear is cheap here lol.
You dont have to fill the jar with booze but you do want to soak it all quickly...NOT just get it moist.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

You dont have to fill the jar with booze but you do want to soak it all quickly...NOT just get it moist.

Thanks man for the help. Really appreciate it. Ive had so many failed attempts In the past trying to make this. I'd given up and was squishing buds to get my dabs. Nothing wrong with rosin but sooooo time consuming with a flat iron lol

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Just rinsed out some glass jars with iso and strained through coffee filters into a pyrev and let it evaporate overnight. Has a creamy color to it today?Does this seem normal. It was a nice golden liquid before. Got it on a heating pad now.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Just rinsed out some glass jars with iso and strained through coffee filters into a pyrev and let it evaporate overnight. Has a creamy color to it today?Does this seem normal. It was a nice golden liquid before. Got it on a heating pad now.
Did you use 70% iso...another reason i dont like room temp is shit can fall from the air into your dish all night.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Shit. I never looked at the percentage. Ugh. Oh well. Pitch it?

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

"Hahaha well im almost positive the milky color is water... but in any case... ya try it again."

Yup, the milky color is an emulsion.
Tiny beads of resin floating in water.

As you continue to dry and that water evaporates the beads will turn into blobs
and the blobs will combine into your end product.

I doubt if you will be able to make slab out of that.
70% iso and/or wet buds will usually yield dark green oil or tar.

Use 99% Iso and bone dry buds for slab.

I have also found the it's possible to get golden "honey oil" with a longer soak n shake.
As long as it stays below freezing, the chlorophyll, salts, sugars, etc. are locked in.
So all you extract is the non water soluble components.

DSCF8203

Stretching a t-shirt over the bowl when drying will keep out airborne dust and pollen.

And don't do this on high humidity day or the iso will rapidly absorb water from the air as it warms back up.

Just my 2 cent,
Weeze

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
"Hahaha well im almost positive the milky color is water... but in any case... ya try it again."

I have also found the it's possible to get golden "honey oil" with a longer soak n shake.
As long as it stays below freezing, the chlorophyll, salts, sugars, etc. are locked in.

View attachment 562973
Stretching a t-shirt over the bowl when drying will keep out airborne dust and pollen.

And don't do this on high humidity day or the iso will rapidly absorb water from the air as it warms back up.

Just my 2 cent,
Weeze
All good info there...any info on your cook off temp?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

View attachment 562973

Just my 2 cent,
Weeze

It was 91% iso. Humidity is about 50%. Its just for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom