Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sixstring

sixstring

so i shouldnt have much worry about explosions with everclear right?i mean i plan to do it in front of a fan right in front of a window.just seems like everclear is safe enough to use in the house

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

so i shouldnt have much worry about explosions with everclear right?i mean i plan to do it in front of a fan right in front of a window.just seems like everclear is safe enough to use in the house

That's what I just used and I didn't blow up. Even smoked a bowl afterwards :)

I'm not saying it won't happen but some reason it makes me feel safer lol.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I rip 99 iso in the house.... just dont be a crack head with a joint in your mouth over the oven hahaha yes you need to always worry about ANY flammable solution evappin

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Ehhhh 10 seconds...20 second. ...the point is its not green hahaha

Lol yea that was my goal! My first attempt ever turned out green as the plant and cooked it off way to quick. It turned into black tar lmao. You said cook for like 2hrs right? Give or take obviously but that's the general time right?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Lol yea that was my goal! My first attempt ever turned out green as the plant and cooked it off way to quick. It turned into black tar lmao. You said cook for like 2hrs right? Give or take obviously but that's the general time right?
Ya per mason jar takes 2ish hours to cook... so if you dumped another jar in the pan right now you would be lookin at 3-4 hours... on and on with each extra jar

Youll know when youre done when you lift the pan up and nothing is liquid...you can take the pan and flip it upside down... itll look like its coated in sap

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Ya per mason jar takes 2ish hours to cook... so if you dumped another jar in the pan right now you would be lookin at 3-4 hours... on and on with each extra jar

Youll know when youre done when you lift the pan up and nothing is liquid...you can take the pan and flip it upside down... itll look like its coated in sap

Ok! Well time to tend to the garden while this does its thing! Thanks again man!

xavier7995

xavier7995

So...this sounds like basically the same tech as QWISO? Would that be a fair assessment? Might have to look more at this, I must have washed for too long, mine turned out like a blob of resin, I still enjoyed it. So step by step...
1. Put your weed and either Iso or Everclear into the freezer overnight.
2. Weed into glass jar around 3/4 full.
3. Iso/everclear into jar to cover it and shake with extreme vigor for 10 seconds.
4. Pour mix through layer of 3 coffee filters to strain out plant matter.
5. Squeeze coffee filter bundle to get out all the goodies.
note: above two steps are done into some pyrex.
6. Use low heat to evap out the solvent. Scrape it onto parchment and freeze.
7. Profit!!!!!WIN/etc.

Do you have to use heat to help evap out the alcohol or could you just sit it on a shelf. Does heating it add anything to the end product?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So...this sounds like basically the same tech as QWISO? Would that be a fair assessment? Might have to look more at this, I must have washed for too long, mine turned out like a blob of resin, I still enjoyed it. So step by step...
3. Iso/everclear into jar to cover it and shake with extreme vigor for 10 seconds.
7. Profit!!!!!WIN/etc.

Do you have to use heat to help evap out the alcohol or could you just sit it on a shelf. Does heating it add anything to the end product?
A little heat speeds it up... alcohol will evap in room temp but it takes DAAAYYYYYYYSSSSS

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
7. Profit!!!!!WIN/etc.

Don't forget to have the alcohol strained from product as fast as possible!

xavier7995

xavier7995

Thanks man, I might have to give this method another whirl, my results the first time just didn't really make me want to try again. Will give it a couple more tries.

edit: are you straining it before putting through the coffee filters? I have a little hand sieve that would get most plant material out for a quick separation, but do you then put through the filters to get the dust/fine bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom