Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grownonymous

Grownonymous

I have run 91 and 99% ISO, and you can achieve the same results with both. I have found that when running the 91%, cook time is a little longer, and the time you spend whipping at the end of the cook is also longer. It's also worth noting that most pyrex dishes have convex bottoms, so you need to make sure you are moving the product from the edges into the middle to get a consistent cook across your product, and don't end up with a thick syrup or wax consistency for the end product. If it's not hard to scrape out of the pyrex at the end of your cook....then keep on cooking. That said, I am far from an expert in this area, so take this for what it's worth.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Oh nice!!... ya the old hps/mh mix been around since growing with lights. How much do your bulbs cost?

Yea it's been around for awhile but I'm not complaining lol. My bulbs are 50 a piece but I usually pick up a pack of 4 at a time so they are a lil cheaper.

Ecompost

Ecompost

3 1K's 2 HPS, and one MH. HPS are rated at 2200k and MH is 5k.
man have you seen LEC? My 315LEC are 700 and my MH only 500 and 20% more power.
Arguably the most important attribute of any bulb is its yield per watt. Yield per watt is a measurement of efficiency. Traditional 1000 watt HPS bulbs are generally considered extremely efficient if you’re getting anywhere near 1 gram of produce yield per watt of light used – or 1000 grams from a 1000 watts – this is just over 2lbs per light. With the LEC 315 I’ve seen some people be able to pull down 450-500 grams per 315 watts. That’s 1.4-1.5 per watt! If you had 3 LEC’s putting off almost 1000 watts you may be close to 1400 grams per 1000 watts. The yield per watt alone makes this system extremely efficient and cost effective.
peace eco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom