JACKS BACK!!! Capulators new formulas.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
This is not my formula, it is analogs from another site, but it is a very good formula at the moment. Attached is the PDF. Keep in mind that the formula takes in to consideration my tap water analysis, but if you look at the elemental ppms, that is what I am running. Full strength for flower, cut 75% for veg, cut 50% for cuts.

Nice !!. I'm going to work with the Jacks Hydro for sometime and see if I can get her mastered, I have an extra mother plant that I made clones of from, going to start with her, she is going to get a light feeding today.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@CelticEBE

yes I moved on to all salts. It's a little more work but not much. I like the ability to tailor things. In fact I am thinking I will most likely make a liquid concentrate of each element and start playing around with some side by sides. For example, if I just want to bump up the N and Ca for weeks 1 and 2, but drop the P a little, then in week 3 up the P drop the N and boost the K... etc.. The goal is to teach myself to understand how all these elements affect the plants in CEA (controlled environment agriculture) during different stages.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
what the best to bump up just CA by itself, I have everything ordered now, Kinda crazy I feed my one test plant this morning after everything was mixed up, It was as clear as water, crazy to thing about all the shit that's in them bottles from the store, Dyes and other shit, that's not needed..

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

yo cap, thanks for everything you have shared and brought to the community. can't wait to see your evolution into straight salts.
hope there is a tutorial in the future, since im sure you have a ton of free time...(lol, i jest about free time).

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

what you putting the pro clay into ?
I'm going to top dress with the Pyro clay, also adding EWC to my coco/perlite for my next round. The round after that I think I am going to go with Vermi-blend. In another thread Capulator said something about creating a better environment for the beneficial bacteria and it just made a TON of sense to me. Coco isn't really a living environment like soil is and the nutrient solutions we feed them tend to be not so kind to them....so by creating a happier home for them, they have more of a chance to thrive.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I'm going to top dress with the Pyro clay, also adding EWC to my coco/perlite for my next round. The round after that I think I am going to go with Vermi-blend. In another thread Capulator said something about creating a better environment for the beneficial bacteria and it just made a TON of sense to me. Coco isn't really a living environment like soil is and the nutrient solutions we feed them tend to be not so kind to them....so by creating a happier home for them, they have more of a chance to thrive.
I got ya bro, I have been using the Pro-mix for sometime but would like to try a few plants in coco, thinking about buying some bags of Canna Coco, not sure whats a good brand.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@oscar169 you already are getting in to the CA dilemma...

My suggestion is to use tap water, which probably has Ca in it, or use Ca25 as a foliar 1x per week through week 3 of flower.

You can also use a little CaCl2 to bump your Ca by 25ppm or so.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Capulator ....now ya got me wanting to do a water analysis. I've been using RO for years. Thanks Cap.....you are changing my game. :)

To me RO is a waste of money, and water. I am sure lots of people would disagree, but if you get your tap analyzed, then you know what's in it, and you can adjust your formula to hit the numbers you need. Only difference really is using more pH down initially because of the alkalinity of the tap.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@Capulator hey that custom hydro program, do you have the original install file for that I see it has up to 10 things that you can enter at a time, I went to their website they don't have a download for it anymore.:banghead::banghead:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
You can get the exact same calculator from cannstats.com, under the nutrient section. You'll find it.
I have that one Bro, the other one you can enter more items into the program..

spacebomb

spacebomb

hhey caps. do u use ,MONEY GRAM? its all i have .or cash!i wa nt another 16.oz root + a 8,os nute pack.please.i know money grams ok!i actually used it to send jinx proof some cash.lol.he blew a lovelly all glass double perk on u tube.lol i got it for 100£:-) 60£ ish.not bad eh:-)and he gifted me a 10,pack of the 9,pound hammer strain aswell + some other bits.cool guy..if u want glass!hes cheap as hell! just thaught id tell u:-)haha,they getting left till i have more root + nute packs.i really couldnt beleive the diff in my root zone.amazing gear.
soo!do YOU sell jacks classic?
what up peeps. jacks back.

Ran out of jacks a while back and decided I would make the move to all raw salts. My plants did not like this, and so I am going back to a modified jacks formula, which was working great for me before.

I ordered the following from JR peters:

jacks classic blossom booster 10-30-20
jacks cal nitrate 15-0-0
jacks professional hydro formula 5-12-26
MOST
pH adjuster

I also have, which I ordered from cutomhydronutrients (those guys are the best):

Magnesium nitrate
0-0-50 sulfate of potash
MKP
MAP

and from the local pharmacy a 6lb bag of epsom salts.

So I got the MOST. It does not look the same as the STEM, even though the GA's are the same I think. This time, it came with a descriptive sheet for each product, and I read the MOST page.

Since I started on jacks, I have gone from adding .1 MOST to .2 MOST more recently. And here lies my problem I believe (for starters). The sheet recommends that if using a 15% nitrogen fertilizer, you should only add 2oz MOST per 25 lb bag. That's roughly .005 grams per gallon. A far cry from my values.

Now I have done quite a bit of reading up on other successful growers and their formulas, and it seems to me I have found a ratio that will work very well, or so I think.

I will be running this (all in per gallon values):

2.5 grams hydro
2.13 cal nitrate
.2 Cacl2
.095 MKP
.55 k2so4
.71 epsom salts
.005 MOST

which will give me 120-40-210-120-60 and the sulfur will be at 103.

first I will add the hydro, MKP, MOST, and K2so4 in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water and mix until dissolved. I will add this to a full res of RO water, and MIX well.

then I will add the epsom salts the same way

finally the CaNO3 and CaCl2 in the same way.

this is per manufacturers directions. So much fucking around... trying to be a mad scientist. its not working so I am gonna follow some directions (not all) from the people who are celebrating their 65th anniversary in fert blending.

I have seedlings that just popped. they are FPOG crosses. FPOG x kosher kush, FPOG x WiFi, and FPOG x my Colombian landrace. I will start a journal on them which I will link here. I will use this formula (25% strength for seedlings, 50% when they are 4-6" tall, and full strength at 12" until week 4 of flower, when I will change the formula to drop the N slightly and boost P and K.

My goal is to have all the plants thriving. No yellowing, no toxicities, no deficiencies, all the way through.

the medium will be 50/50 big and chunky perlite and botanicare washed sterile coco in a bag.

cc503

cc503

Awesome thread just got done reading through, I was wondering if there are any new updates / revisions that people are using

SnowCreature

SnowCreature

How often do you recommend having a water analysis done?
The tap here fluctuates wildly.
Would I need to adjust the formula weekly?

Kevin Chisel

Kevin Chisel

bump bump~ new to the forums and jacks but going to see what I can do with what you have provided. Really great info on this threat, you might end up with a pm from me <3 I'm looking through the thread mainly for final recipes for the MOAB, MAP, and the tea you're using and whether or not you are still using the 3,2,1 method. My brother swears by it but I have seen support both ways for it. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding anything and being redundant, I just started using jacks recently and my plants aren't as happy as I want them to be. I have fixed some humidity and cooling issues before I worried much about much more. I have my first little harvest soon and and hoping it compares to what I'm seeing here! Thanks for the info cap~

EDIT: I moved 1500 miles so humidity and yearly weather patters are completely different as well as available products, I expected change but not this much! Any help with jacks would be amazing, it's what I have chosen to work with and after 4 months am not happy so I have to be doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom