Joe's Grow Show Pt. 1: The Coco Diaries

• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Im with eventhorizon on using the net as support. It will make your life much easier around week 5 to the end of flower.

I just used wire cutters to make the holes I needed for my halos, making a 'V' cut on the bottom half of the drip line. And, on one end of the halo, I cut a piece of the top half of the line so the line can be removed from the barbed T connector more easily, but still stay attached. So, I can move things around if I need to (running perpetual).
Ya I'm thinking that would be the best thing. I don't want to do scrog with multiple strains in the same scrog. Just gonna be sliding it over them for support. Should be a lot better than all the LST and pipe cleaners I was using before.
Thanks for the advice on the halos. About how big is each hole you cut out? I think I have a good idea just a couple small V cuts. How many do you cut in per halo? I got tired so I didn't throw them on today but tomorrow after work I'm gonna try em out

Wisher619

Wisher619

u mean in my c02 veg, or do u mean after 14 days flower when i defan?
Sry im all over the place tonight...
cleaned my wholw groom, and getting her ready for the new tent...I wou;ld swear ive had some good growth over night but
that might be me, and wishful thinking!
into flower
I remember on a thread somewhere you were asking about it and I never got around to answering you

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks bro! Gotta just keep trying to get better and get more experience. Ya man I would love to see a side by side with the Defoliation. It's hard to find a side by side because most people are all for it or all against it. Lol
If @Wisher619 is for it then there's something worth looking into. Only one way to see if something is for me or not right? My challenge will be doing it right.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Ya I'm thinking that would be the best thing. I don't want to do scrog with multiple strains in the same scrog. Just gonna be sliding it over them for support. Should be a lot better than all the LST and pipe cleaners I was using before.
Thanks for the advice on the halos. About how big is each hole you cut out? I think I have a good idea just a couple small V cuts. How many do you cut in per halo? I got tired so I didn't throw them on today but tomorrow after work I'm gonna try em out
Here is a pic of a spare I havent used yet. I'd say the holes are about 1/8", just 4

FullSizeRender

visajoe1

visajoe1

I stopped using them and just went with a basket stake
works just as well

havnt had a problem yet
and if I did I will just split the line and put a basket on each side of the plant
lol, i was a little baked asking a question you already answered with pics. and by a little i mean a lot lol

are those 6" pots? the volume of those is the same as mine, so if it works for you it will work for me

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

A few pics from last night. I'm takin cuttings today from all the girls then we'll flip soon. Everyone is happy and healthy.
The pic of the one White Widow is a girl I got my eye on for a keeper. I defoliated 3-4 days ago and look how she's filled in. They all have really well

IMG 5349
IMG 5351
jipp

jipp

im to stupid to grow in anything but dirt at this point and im faking that at best hah.

i think you tape method also depends on your environment? i tried it and the leaf wilted like instant! heh.
looking good.
chris.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

im to stupid to grow in anything but dirt at this point and im faking that at best hah.

i think you tape method also depends on your environment? i tried it and the leaf wilted like instant! heh.
looking good.
chris.
The leaf will wilt. The leaves next to that break flipped over hanging straight down within 5 min. Stayed that way about. Day or so. Looked dead. I thought I lost the branch for sure. Within 2 days it was perking up. A couple days later it was growing and standing strong as ever

jipp

jipp

The leaf will wilt. The leaves next to that break flipped over hanging straight down within 5 min. Stayed that way about. Day or so. Looked dead. I thought I lost the branch for sure. Within 2 days it was perking up. A couple days later it was growing and standing strong as ever
ill remember that and give it a go.. i assumed it was just my climate freeze drying the leaf.. with the low humid and the a/c was blasting some cold air that morning. heh.

chris.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

ill remember that and give it a go.. i assumed it was just my climate freeze drying the leaf.. with the low humid and the a/c was blasting some cold air that morning. heh.

chris.
Lol. It's very possible. I would just say always leave it a few days. And if it isn't going to recover within a couple days you will know. It will be dead dead. If it's still alive then it will probably bounce back

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

hey dont worry about defol before flip
just let the plant do its thing up to day 14

let it get cray and bush up

then day 14 strip her naked
Got ya. I have done some Defoliation here and there to keep them cleaned up. My last Defol was 2 days ago. I'm gonna let them go a couple more days then flip and I'll let them fill out the like you say strip her at day 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom