Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

G13 Hashplant seems to have sprouted trichomes overnight. Still 3-4 weeks out, but she's already smelling like a half-clogged drain. She's been a super heavy feeder, and a bit temperamental when it comes to pH, but that's a sexy flower.

IMG 20210129 160405

Sky Cuddler Double Kush next. A bit of that cigarette butt smell that @Dirtbag mentioned, but it's not overwhelming.

Screenshot from 2021 01 29 16 13 07

The dried colas of that Col'Jam. Long-ass flower time, but incredible smoke. It smelled like espresso and black forest cake when it was cut, and now it's even more pronounced. It made a lot of seeds, and one of them rooted and took off in the same pot that she was in. No matter what she was pollenated with, that little bastard has a high chance of being a killer smoke.

Screenshot from 2021 01 29 16 14 21

G13 Haze on the far right, still trying to take over the whole damn room. The little milk jug is the Col'Jam orphan, behind it is the second Sky Cuddler, and on the left the '88 G13 Hashplant is poking its head through. Those two (G13 Haze and Hashplant) are going to be the fastest to finish, but they're still roughly 3-4 weeks out.

Screenshot from 2021 01 29 16 16 06

Behind the G13 Hashplant are the first Pipatxu to get flipped (a runt, but she's not bad), C99 x Durban-Thai, and another Sky Cuddler.

Screenshot from 2021 01 29 16 16 25

And here's what's in veg. 2 more '88 G13 Hashplants, G13 Haze, Lemon Citron, Maui Waui, Sour Sorbet, and the better-looking Pipatxu (though it's kinda hidden here).

Screenshot from 2021 01 29 16 11 56

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I also dropped a bunch of fem seeds today, all citrus-flavored except for one (Birthday Funk). I'm really hoping to get Lemon OGK's that look on par with the ones that were going last time before I had to migrate, same with the Supreme Lemon. If I get a male from the Tangieland, I might throw some pollen at the others

DNA's Lemon OG Kush x 2
Vision Seeds' Supreme Lemon x 2
Crockett's Tangieland regs x 2
Europa's Heavy Grapefruit x 2
Greenbud's Lemon Pie x 1
Cannarado's Birthday Funk x 1

Once these get off the ground, then I'll be in a better position to manage multiple male plants and their pollen successfully.

Then maybe I'll drop the Milk Tea Haze (Nepalma x Orient Express), or maybe the G13 Hazeplant, or maybe the C99 Durban-Thai x Killer Queen... One day I'll have the space and resources to grow everything I want to. One day.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah that SCDK has a really nice structure. And the C99xDT has an incredible smell now, im really looking forward to smoking that one. Really unique.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah that SCDK has a really nice structure. And the C99xDT has an incredible smell now, im really looking forward to smoking that one. Really unique.

Yeah, I have a feeling you're going to enjoy it. I think I'm going to keep that cut around for a while- partially because I really liked the original smoke and partially because I want a chance to flower it out better than I did last time. Does yours still have that cigarette butt smell?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, I have a feeling you're going to enjoy it. I think I'm going to keep that cut around for a while- partially because I really liked the original smoke and partially because I want a chance to flower it out better than I did last time. Does yours still have that cigarette butt smell?

Yes.. the scdk maintained that ciggy butt smell to the end. But it did fade a bit and also has some kush aroma too, so the smoke could be alright.

But yeah the C99xDT.. Im tempted to run it again to see what i can do with it. Last grow im certain that it didnt reach its potential. But im really enjoying the smell..

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Interesting. I'm getting that very faintly from the one in late flower now, but she's also right next to the G13 Hashplant that smells like a clogged basement drain and the G13 Haze that smells like a drain clogged with cat pee and super glue.

Know what I'm really missing right now? Lavanda Cream. Might have to end up getting another pack of that.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Scdk

Yep, that Sky Cuddler gets THICK. Still weeks out, too.

And, um, this G13 Hashplant is a looker.

G13hp3

G13hp2

G13 Haze, going to be a monster. In front of it is the Col'Jam Bastard that I kept that's DEFINITELY indica-influenced in some way. Pipatxu is to the left of her, the latest G13 Hashplant to be flipped is to the right in the corner.

G13haze2

Both tall plants are Sky Cuddlers, in front of them are DNA's Sour Sorbet and Durban-Thai x C99.

IMG 20210207 154927

Sky Cuddler, chonking up. The bud second from left is the one that got a close-up.

Screenshot from 2021 02 07 15 52 37

Another angle of the G13's.

Screenshot from 2021 02 07 15 53 31

And the next generation! Maui Waui (center) is begging to get flipped, Pipatxu in the back right not far behind, and a Panama Red clone that I managed to get my hands on is on the left! In front are all of the new seedlings that were popped- all but one Heavy Grapefruit have their helmets off and have started stretching.

The bonsai-looking plant in front is the last of the G13 Hashplant females.

Screenshot from 2021 02 07 16 34 11

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Just kinda bringing things together for these 3. G13 Haze, G13 Hashplant, and Sky Cuddler Double Kush are all going to be chopped on or before 3/1. Still getting fed with full-strength nutes as well as supplemented with kelp extract, guano, and fishbone meal. Seems like the pH for all 3 is where I need it to be, no major deficiencies, no sign of pests... fingers crossed.

Screenshot from 2021 02 10 23 36 05
Screenshot from 2021 02 10 23 34 46

The Next Episode: Sour Sorbet (hidden in rear), G13 Hashplant, Maui Waui, and Durban-Thai x C99 again. Cameo from some of the G13 Hashplant buds on the left.

Screenshot from 2021 02 10 23 34 58

Col'Jam Bastard, unperturbed. Hoping she's got another foot of stretch to go, but I'm already optimistic.

Screenshot from 2021 02 10 23 35 12

And then the second Sky Cuddler is the tall stretchy lady, of course.

Screenshot from 2021 02 10 23 35 39

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Looking pretty lush in here. Sky Cuddler in the back corner, Durban-Thai x C99 next to it, with Sour Sorbet, Maui Waui, and another G13 Hashplant (L to R) in the front row.

IMG 20210215 025938

A zoomed out pic of the older ladies- G13 Haze, G13 Hashplant, and Sky Cuddler (the widest buds in the picture are the furthest back, this lady STACKS)

Tangieland on top of the humidifier for the time being, new veggie seeds are on the floor.

Oh, and some pretty okay looking buds.

Sky Cuddler:

Sky cuddler

G13 Hashplant.

G13HP

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So tonight I turned my back with the door open, and the cat bit off the top of the Birthday Funk within seconds.

Oh well. I was looking forward to it, but it's not a cat-astrophe. 😄

So this year my main project is to pheno hunt a few outstanding ladies and gentlemen of Afgaan 90, USC's Black Afghani, and RSC's Afghan Mix. Find the superlative individuals of each- selecting for vigor, structure, stacking, and stank- and then crossbreed them, then find the superlative individuals of that generation and breed them, etc. If all goes well I'll have a unique, thunderous, stanky-ass Afghani by the end of next year.

Next to drop, though, is a cross that I'm really excited about. It's (TNF's Raspberry Picker -Mello Platinum Cookies x The Krippler) x (Cherry Wine CBD x MAC). The buds that I tried of the Cherry Wine x MAC were outstanding, with enormous raspberry and ripe red cherry aromas and a fantastic, relaxing, narcotic high, and Raspberry Picker apparently had some enormous berry terps, so there's a lot of potential for it to be a concussion of red fruit terps.

Also, I've still got the lemon projects going on. Gonna do a cross of [(Lemon Citron x G13 Hashplant) x (Lemon Og Kush x G13 Hashplant)] that I'll call the Yuzu Ghash, as well as crossing Heavy Grapefruit with G13 Hashplant for a Grapefruit Ghash (and very likely crossing the berry plants with Ghash as well). I'm also conceptualizing a "Super Lemon Haze 2021." Something like [(Lemon Citron x Silverfields) x (Supreme Lemon x Original Haze)], but we'll see what the phenos say.

Also I've been giving G13 Haze redux a lot of thought. Apparently the Mr. Nice version of G13 Haze was actually G13 x Haze, and somewhere along the line it turned into G13 x Hawaiian Sativa. So I've got a bunch of G13-derived plants, Maui Waui, and Original Haze in the chamber that'll work out to being G13 Haze Redux somehow.

Speaking of G13, it's also in the G13 Hazeplant (G13 Haze x G13 Hashplant) and [(Durban-Thai x C99) x Killer Queen (G13 x C99)], and those are going to get run out this year, too. I'm also very much looking forward to hunting through the Col'Jam x Ghash- that should be an outstanding cross.

And then, of course, PKO. Thinking it might need to get crossed to Black Afghani for more of a body effect for it to be a "finished" strain, but it'll be an excellent, unique one.

But even with the G13 and Afghan stuff, I still find myself pondering whether or not I need another indica to breed with. On one hand, I feel like something like Aurora Indica, X18, Herijuana (bummed I lost that in the migration), Mad Scientist, or Deep Chunk could diversify the indica effects. It's all so far down the road that it doesn't matter now, but if anyone wants to give me some recommendations on couch-locking, mind-numbing indicas to breed with, I'm all ears.

Thanks again for the follows and the support!

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Also, I've altered the feeding technique. I've been fermenting alfalfa pellets, guano, fishbone meal, Gaia Green 4-4-4, aspirin, and kelp extract in gallon jugs of water for 2-3 days and rotated that in with the normal feedings. Still supplementing that with Mega Crop to round things out, but the ladies seem to be reacting well.

I've also been thinking of altering my soil mix. I like earthworm castings as much as the next dude, but I can save a lot of money if I substitute half of them with mushroom compost in the mix. Thinking about something like Perlite, EWC, Mushroom Compost, Lime, and Canna Coco with dry amendments of guano, sulfur, fishbone meal, and kelp meal.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be on my feet enough to start growing mushrooms and using their spent medium in the soil mix. Thinking about starting a vermicompost bin for things like tea leaves, onion ends, eggshells, etc, so hopefully I'll have that at my disposal relatively soon.

Eventually, for those of you that don't know, my goal is to be 100% self-sustaining when it comes to meds and 75% self-sustaining when it comes to crops and herbs. Tomatoes, peppers, basil, dill, and tomatillos have already gone down and more seeds are on the way.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nice Thread Kanzeon

I've learned a lot from guys like you recently, I feel like I should be paying tuition.

I have to admit just how jealous I am of your plant count. Maybe someday I'll be able to have an appropriate amount of pots to breed, well, uh, pot, but until then I'll live vicariously thru you.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Also, I've altered the feeding technique. I've been fermenting alfalfa pellets, guano, fishbone meal, Gaia Green 4-4-4, aspirin, and kelp extract in gallon jugs of water for 2-3 days and rotated that in with the normal feedings. Still supplementing that with Mega Crop to round things out, but the ladies seem to be reacting well.

Interested in this method with MC as well. I was doing or attempted something like this a while back and made a post, here's the link "DIY RECHARGE" didn't spark any interest or as usual was. Maybe it was my title or my formatting that didn't work when posted...anyways...I would be interested to know the quantities of your ingredients.

There was a dude on Reddit some time back on the Megacrop page and he was doing something similar and like us was using Megacrop and he sure had some fine plants like and thought it worked excellent with the MC.

I was attempting to model my mix after what recharge has in it and use it between MC feedings 🤓

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
So tonight I turned my back with the door open, and the cat bit off the top of the Birthday Funk within seconds.

So this year my main project is to pheno hunt a few outstanding ladies and gentlemen of Afgaan 90, USC's Black Afghani, and RSC's Afghan Mix. Find the superlative individuals of each- selecting for vigor, structure, stacking, and stank- and then crossbreed them, then find the superlative individuals of that generation and breed them, etc. If all goes well I'll have a unique, thunderous, stanky-ass Afghani by the end of next year.

Next to drop, though, is a cross that I'm really excited about. It's (TNF's Raspberry Picker -Mello Platinum Cookies x The Krippler) x (Cherry Wine CBD x MAC). The buds that I tried of the Cherry Wine x MAC were outstanding, with enormous raspberry and ripe red cherry aromas and a fantastic, relaxing, narcotic high, and Raspberry Picker apparently had some enormous berry terps, so there's a lot of potential for it to be a concussion of red fruit terps.

Also, I've still got the lemon projects going on. Gonna do a cross of [(Lemon Citron x G13 Hashplant) x (Lemon Og Kush x G13 Hashplant)] that I'll call the Yuzu Ghash, as well as crossing Heavy Grapefruit with G13 Hashplant for a Grapefruit Ghash (and very likely crossing the berry plants with Ghash as well). I'm also conceptualizing a "Super Lemon Haze 2021." Something like [(Lemon Citron x Silverfields) x (Supreme Lemon x Original Haze)], but we'll see what the phenos say.

Also I've been giving G13 Haze redux a lot of thought. Apparently the Mr. Nice version of G13 Haze was actually G13 x Haze, and somewhere along the line it turned into G13 x Hawaiian Sativa. So I've got a bunch of G13-derived plants, Maui Waui, and Original Haze in the chamber that'll work out to being G13 Haze Redux somehow.

Speaking of G13, it's also in the G13 Hazeplant (G13 Haze x G13 Hashplant) and [(Durban-Thai x C99) x Killer Queen (G13 x C99)], and those are going to get run out this year, too. I'm also very much looking forward to hunting through the Col'Jam x Ghash- that should be an outstanding cross.

And then, of course, PKO. Thinking it might need to get crossed to Black Afghani for more of a body effect for it to be a "finished" strain, but it'll be an excellent, unique one.

But even with the G13 and Afghan stuff, I still find myself pondering whether or not I need another indica to breed with. On one hand, I feel like something like Aurora Indica, X18, Herijuana (bummed I lost that in the migration), Mad Scientist, or Deep Chunk could diversify the indica effects. It's all so far down the road that it doesn't matter now, but if anyone wants to give me some recommendations on couch-locking, mind-numbing indicas to breed with, I'm all ears.

Does he pop them off then kick them around the house? Or does he actually chew/eat them? My cat mostly is content just to take bites off the ends of mid and lower fans, thank god, he's not usually going after the buds.

On the indica front, I'm in the same boat. I think they obviously hold the keys to potent breeding stocks, I'm trying to locate either a good lineage strain of God's Gift (Buddy Boy farms) which has produced a whopping 41.7% a confirmed world record (as far as I know) and descend from Granddaddy Purple and OG Kush.

Or something called Godfather OG, The parent strain is a cross between the indica Bubba Kush, indica L.A. Confidential, and indica Granddaddy Purps.

Here's the article from 2015 on Gods Gift, independently lab tested (twice) using Liquid Chromatography method.

On a side note: were getting lots of 30%++ strains available here in Seattle, (almost everywhere) so I know this is possible.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Somehow I missed this. Very exciting! I love the focus on afghanis especially....not my journey at all atm but it's something I have an eye on for way down the road....as I have said before I feel like you are perhaps 24 months ahead of me but really in a very similar direction to where I want to head!

Re: another afghani...I think some of it depends on what you get out of that RSC Afghan Mix.....I mean that could really have several keepers that are pretty different or it could have a bunch of "interesting...but eh" plants.

I forget, what is your experience with Pakistani strains like?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I grew out USC's Triple Pakistan early on and wasn't super impressed with the potency or high, but that's really the extent of my Pakistani experience. It stacked really well, and then was the weakest bud I've ever smoked. Maybe it was the pheno, but I'm not super eager to re-run it.

I think you're right with the Afghan Mix. What I need after this year will be dictated by what grows well this year. Mainly I'm hoping to find some unique terps and a couchlocking smoke, but we'll see what happens.

@Frankster that shit was like a surgical strike. Literally within a couple seconds of opening the door, he'd chomped the top of the plant off and ate it. 😄 He also ate the tips off of the leaves of another seedling another time. I just need to get some catnip going indoors again so that he can have something to destroy.

@sportyridr It's all very rudimentary right now. A milk cap full of 4-4-4, a milk cap full of guano, 325 mg of aspirin, a couple grams of sulfur, a milk cap full of fishbone meal, some kelp extract, and some alfalfa pellets go into a milk jug and sit for a couple days. Then I'll water the ladies that need something that strong (stretch to late flower), then dilute it to water the rest of the plants. Every third feeding. The idea came to me when thinking about having water sitting around to dechlorinate- if it's going to be sitting around anyway, might as well put some good stuff in there, right??

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I grew out USC's Triple Pakistan early on and wasn't super impressed with the potency or high, but that's really the extent of my Pakistani experience. It stacked really well, and then was the weakest bud I've ever smoked. Maybe it was the pheno, but I'm not super eager to re-run it.
Gotcha... interesting. I have a pack of Pakistan Valley seeds from World of Seeds that I'm skeptical of in terms of testing and provenance (they say it tests like a well-worked hybrid but it's just a couple years away from landrace and they want like 2 dollars a seed for it) but I'll get to them at some point.

Fwiw the grow diaries I have seen of it look quite nice so maybe I'm just outsmarting myself.

Re: indica breeding generally.....i feel like a lot of great strains come from "they mixed this with this good afghan someone had." The one that jumps to mind is LA Confidential, which as i understand it is OG LA Affie (i assume some good afghan clone that was in the community) with another good afghan someone had in Amsterdam. And bam, you have my current favorite indica. But then NL1 and NL2 are also from that mold.

One pain with them is going to be selecting against wpm etc i think.

Another thought I have had re: couch lock strains is breeding a 75% afghan 25% sativa leaner or sativa....like a deeper colombian or I'm dreaming about certain malawi phenos....so that the front end of the couch lock is just that overwhelming "shit my balance might not be 100% and ordering a pizza over the phone sounds kinda stressful as does blinking on time" blitz followed by the couch black hole. Like the front end might be described as "violent" in its perception and capacity shift.

But i think that is a project for after you have the sick afghan (or two).

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, I grew out World Of Seeds' Wild Thailand and... it definitely was not a wild Thai plant. 🤣 That bitch barely even stretched and was done in like 8 weeks. I'm pretty skeptical of their "landrace" stuff.

Speaking of which, where do you stand on the use of the world landrace? Should we switch to "location specific heirlooms?"

Yeah, I think you're looking at a Malawi or other niche African strain for that, Maybe RSC's Sudan?

Top Bottom