Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

That distillate was tested as pure CBG. It's supposed to have potentially helpful qualities like this if you believe it:

CBG works by binding to both receptors where it’s thought to strengthen the function of anandamide, a neurotransmitter that plays a role in enhancing pleasure and motivation, regulating appetite and sleep, and alleviating pain. Unlike THC, CBG has no psychotropic effects, so it will not give you a high.

My issue is that how do you dose it and measure any effect - and how do you account for potential placebo?

And here is another source on what it does:

What is CBG?​

Cannabigerol, or CBG, is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid typically most abundant in low-THC and high-CBD cannabis strains, including hemp. Like THC, CBG reacts with the cannabinoid receptors in the brain. CBG, however, acts as a buffer to the psychoactivity of THC by working to alleviate the paranoia sometimes caused by higher levels of THC.

CBG works to fight inflammation, pain, nausea and works to slow the proliferation of cancer cells. Research has shown it also significantly reduces intraocular eye pressure caused by glaucoma. Strains high in CBG will be beneficial treating conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, and cancer.

CBG chemical diagram

Effects and Benefits​

Research has shown that CBG is effective in the treatment of a variety of symptoms and conditions. Examples of conditions for which CBG is particularly effective in providing symptom relief are listed below:

• Glaucoma
  • Cancer
  • Crohn’s disease
  • Irritable bowel syndrome

I think what happened on my end was that I read that it helps with inflammation. Hoped for the best. Tried it. No response. But there are so many variables to test like dosages and how long you have to dose to see effects that maybe it would be if I did it right? But I know ibuprofen works great for me so why bother? Cool to experiment with tho.
And if you ingested or applied topically, in what base, there is just mostly anecdotal evidence at this point and it’s frustrating. I was super excited.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Oh yeah, they're highly recommended. Community's a great show.

Dropped some new fun stuff today. Emerald Triangle's Mandarin Mimosa (Mimosa x Mandarin CBD) and RSC's Friesland. By many accounts, the Friesland has aromatic notes of brown sugar and pine, so I couldn't resist. Best case scenario I'll chuck some pollen at 'em and have some outdoor tester seeds to give away next year.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Something's either happening with my tolerance or I'm growing objectively stronger stuff than even 6 months ago. A warhead of this very nug of PKO just made me tap out halfway through.

Crusher

The Wedding Cake x ON Haze (below) has been the only other strain to do the same, but the high is a lot different. The WCON's high is powerful, savage, almost violent, like getting hit by a vanilla frosting fabric softener-scented flashbang grenade of THC. It's not narcotic per se, but it's aggressively relaxing and tolerance obliterating. The high has its subtleties for sure, but there's also nothing subtle about it. This stuff could immobilize a rhino and has without exaggeration killed the pain from a torn ligament.

The PKO above was more like being teleported to being on a couch next to a fireplace with a blanket over your shoulders, a dog resting on one of your feet, and a cup of Masala chai in one hand. Putting it down was less of an "okay I'm done" kind of thing and more of a "wait, what even is anxiety and/or pain anyway?" kind of thing. When I close my eyes I feel like I'm floating in the ocean, watching and feeling the waves come in around me. There's very little body buzz to it, though it's there.

Not quite at the trichome coverage level of @Dirtbag's Spiked Wedding Punch Crashers, but those are some decently sparkly buds.

The coolest thing for me is that the next generation of both (crossed with G13 Hazeplant) will be dropped this month. That's gonna be some good fuckin' hunting.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Something's either happening with my tolerance or I'm growing objectively stronger stuff than even 6 months ago. A warhead of this very nug of PKO just made me tap out halfway through.

View attachment 1222879

The Wedding Cake x ON Haze (below) has been the only other strain to do the same, but the high is a lot different. The WCON's high is powerful, savage, almost violent, like getting hit by a vanilla frosting fabric softener-scented flashbang grenade of THC. It's not narcotic per se, but it's aggressively relaxing and tolerance obliterating. The high has its subtleties for sure, but there's also nothing subtle about it. This stuff could immobilize a rhino and has without exaggeration killed the pain from a torn ligament.

The PKO above was more like being teleported to being on a couch next to a fireplace with a blanket over your shoulders, a dog resting on one of your feet, and a cup of Masala chai in one hand. Putting it down was less of an "okay I'm done" kind of thing and more of a "wait, what even is anxiety and/or pain anyway?" kind of thing. When I close my eyes I feel like I'm floating in the ocean, watching and feeling the waves come in around me. There's very little body buzz to it, though it's there.

View attachment 1222884

Not quite at the trichome coverage level of @Dirtbag's Spiked Wedding Punch Crashers, but those are some decently sparkly buds.

The coolest thing for me is that the next generation of both (crossed with G13 Hazeplant) will be dropped this month. That's gonna be some good fuckin' hunting.
Your descriptions are poetry level !

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I find this so interesting. I would love to know what you have in that plant - got any way to test them?

I'm about to start a new thread something along the lines of "In search of Minors and Terps" I'm still getting set up and truing to find an appropriate testing facility that actually lists off the minors, but right now nothing local I can trust. Maybe I should start a gofundme to get a mass spec lol.

My gut tells me that you have found something new like THCP but it would be nice to know for sure.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I find this so interesting. I would love to know what you have in that plant - got any way to test them?

I'm about to start a new thread something along the lines of "In search of Minors and Terps" I'm still getting set up and truing to find an appropriate testing facility that actually lists off the minors, but right now nothing local I can trust. Maybe I should start a gofundme to get a mass spec lol.

My gut tells me that you have found something new like THCP but it would be nice to know for sure.

Not really! I wish though. I could send you some Sky Burial (PKO x G13 Hazeplant) seeds and you could see for yourself if you want! It could be THCP, it could just be chock full of good ol' THC.

You should! Minor cannabinoids and terps are huge.

Alright, so.

Most of you have caught on to my tendency towards "projects." I just conceptualized a new one.

japan it's happening GIF

I've got a soft spot in my heart for Hazes, obvs.

TNF is having a crazy sale on their NorCal Purple Haze (green selection) so I snagged some. And because I'm conscious, I'm high, so that got the wheels turning.

With the news of OT1's passing, I remembered that there are some [(Oldtimer's Haze x Kali China) x G13 Hazeplant] beans that I made earlier this year. Those will obviously have to get dropped with the Purple Haze because reasons.

Right now there are Golden Tiger (Thai x Malawi) x AGSeedco Original Haze seeds growing in the flower tent. That'll join those two. If that can't for some reason, I'll use Cocoa Puffs (Chocolate Trip x Chocolate Thai) x Original Haze or the F2's of the '88 Ghash x Original Hazes that just popped. I'm not the smartest dude in the world, but I was smart enough to hit that Haze dude to a lot of beautiful plants.

Between now and this fall-ish, I'll be keeping my eyes open for any Piff crosses from Top Dawg. Piff is a selection of NL5 x Haze, which of course dates back to Nevil.

Then I'm gonna cross them all. The best male and female of each will get hit to each other, then a Haze pheno hunt like no other will happen.

Oldtimer1's Haze (via Haze x Kali China x G13 Hazeplant)
AGSeedco Original Haze (via Golden Tiger x Haze)
TNF's NorCal Purple Haze
Nevil's Haze (via Piff/Uptown Haze)

Quad-Hazers!

200.gif

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Round 2 of the Lemon Skunk project has gone down! The rest of the Supreme Lemon babies, more of the Lemon Citron x G13 Hazeplant, and a few [Lemon Pie x (Super Lemon Haze x Moonshine Haze)]. The last round will be beans from @agseedco, both (Lemon Tree x ON Haze) and (Sour Lemon Kush x ON Haze), joined by TNF's Lemon Skunk Redux. Lo, motherfuckers, there will be lemony goodness.

Baby Reaction GIF

I could watch toddlers eat lemons all day, I don't give a shit about yer kid. 😄

All of the Digital Dream [Blue Dream x (Wifi OG x Snowlotus)] have differentiated! Only two more [(Blue Dream x ON Haze) x G13 Hazeplant] plants left to differentiate and then it's on to the next step of the Go Blue Dream project!

The Swazi x Burmese are growing slowly, but they're definitely growing. 9/10 on germination, I'd guess 6 weeks until they're showing sex based on provenance.

Two of the Vale Tudo are very, very close to finishing. 1.5 to 2 more weeks on only water and they'll come down.

As far as the broader Skunk project goes, here's the general idea. This might hit character limit, so get the eye drops ready.

Some suggested reading on chucking/sample size here:

"
According to Pennington, the holy grail of cannabis breeding is the discovery and exploitation of rare genetic traits in an effort to develop new and stable cultivars. The overall goal is to develop strains capable of delivering to consumers novel medical efficacy, wellness benefits, or lifestyle enhancement.

When he began considering the state of the cannabis genome, Pennington knew that he needed to start fresh with a traditional breeding strategy to discover this plant’s true capabilities, outside the limits of prohibition and its disorganized underground markets. “We bring distinct, distant populations together in breeding to examine their ‘phenotypic array.’ Essentially, DNA reproduction loves new DNA! It loves DNA it hasn’t seen before…or for millennia,” he said."

One of the best breeders in the world is breeding around the theory of hybrid vigor. They've got a sample size and technology that I can only dream of, and they breed more for outdoor grows, but the ideology is the same line of thinking that led to me crossing Uzbekistan and Nepalma- and if you're reading this (thanks, btw, fellow nerds) then you already know how that turned out.

My first grow diary here (CLICK), for those curious. If I came across a resource that helped me, I posted it there. Some great interactions with OG's like @MIMedGrower, @Dirtbag , @Aqua Man, @cemchris , @chemistry , @Moshmen , @dire wolf , @Poekie ... y'all get the idea. Some all-around good, intelligent humans that know their weed and have shared their knowledge freely.

So as far as Skunk goes, up until this year I'd leaned towards genetics that weren't made with/from Skunk 1, Cookies, Chem, GG4, or Blueberry. Not because there's anything inherently wrong with those strains, but better breeders than I could ever be are working with those genetics in numbers that are orders of magnitude larger than mine.

Ergo, the genetic quality of the end product is predicated on a number of factors- including initial pheno hunt size and all of the previous genetic selections. Realistically we're all standing on the shoulders of giants that were more concerned about their passion for growing and breeding than their passion for not eating prison food.

That means that many of the lines that we're working today didn't just come from those vaunted 10k+ seed pheno hunts. Some did of course, but some (ECSD/Chem, GG4, etc) are crazy mutations or accidental crosses that gained cult followings.

Take Soma's G13 x Haze C cross, for example. His own words:

"In 2001 I tried sprouting some very old G-13 Haze seeds that came from Neville of cannabis genetics fame, They were created in 1988. I had ten of these 13-year-old seeds. Only one sprouted and it was a male. That left me with but one choice – in order to use the genetics, I had to breed the male to some of my existing strains and select some choice female phenotypes."

So without that one male plant, strains like Hash Heaven wouldn't exist today. Smaller pheno hunts can be worthwhile if they're followed by larger ones to get a better idea of the range of genetic expressions the cross produces- and careful, brutal selection. But also, think of what might have come from dropping those beans in, say, 1990.

The fatalistic viewpoint is to say that there's no point in smaller-scale breeding because the sample size won't be as big. In a sense, that's correct- the "best" seeds are generally going to be ones from breeders that can run numbers large enough to find and cross phenos that are statistically likely to be outstanding.

But with those seeds come hidden costs. How will that seed react to being indoors? When seeds come from a central source, they adapt their genetics to those surroundings over time. The environment in a commercial greenhouse or outdoor grow is significantly different than what people are running, and outdoor plants aren't exposed to the same kind of drought, light, and feeding stressors that indoor ones can be. Most of those breeders are also generally aiming at an ideological target (THC at all costs) that hasn't necessarily adapted to the paradigm shift that comes with the discovery of minor cannabinoids and the entourage effect.

All of that is just a hypothetical preamble in defense of small-scale breeding, of course.

Why start dropping Skunks now?

Because I fuckin' wanna. Go against the grain and get off my dick. 😆

What Skunks will be dropped?

Well, let's think about that. As I said in the latest Skunk thread, Skunk #1 has branched off into different phenos/subspecies over the years. Cheese, RKS, Lemon Skunk, LSD, and Green Crack (both American and Canadian versions of it). Those seem like good places to start.

The Lemons: (all regs, all Lemon Skunk crosses, many F1's from my lemon project last year)

• @agseedco Lemon Tree x ON Haze
  • AGseedco Sour Lemon Kush x ON Haze
  • HSO Lemon Citron x G13 Hazeplant
  • Vision Supreme Lemon [(Las Vegas Lemon Skunk x SSH) x (Super Lemon Haze x Moonshine Haze)]
  • Greenbud Lemon Pie [(Lemon Skunk x Amnesia) x (Super Lemon Haze x Moonshine Haze)]
  • The Nature Farm's Lemon Skunk Redux
These will all be going down in March.

Cheesier plants than both this joke and a power metal ballad:

• Big Buddha Cheese (fems)
  • Big Buddha LA Cheese (Cheese x LA Confidential) (fems)
  • Barney's Farm Triple Cheese (Original Cheese x Blue Cheese) (fems)
  • Freedom of Seeds Cheesedom (Exodus Cheese x Cheese Quake) (fems)
  • Hazeman's Blue Stilton (UK Cheese x Blue Cheese) (regs)
  • Hazeman's Cheese BX
  • 710's Stilton (UK Cheese x Afghani) (fem)
These will be going down during the month of April.

Hoping these smell worse than a sorority girl that tried to cuddle a skunk in the porta-potty on day 8 of Coachella:

• Coastal's American Super Skunk x Colombian
  • Mr. Nice G13 x Skunk
  • Mr. Nice Shit
  • Copa's LSD x Ancient OG
  • TNF The Shoeshiner
  • TNF Silk Road Skunk [(Original Haze x Skunk 1) x Skunk 18] x G13 Hazeplant

These, as you may have guessed... will hit the dirt in May.

Yes, I could dive further into things with a Green Crack pheno hunt. But I feel like it's a bit redundant after running those.

So then what's the point?

What's the point in anything? Why not just let the icy grasp of ennui take us all into oblivion? Maybe to distract myself from the inescapable truth that "The world is empty, there is no point to anything, and you're just gonna die."

Well that got dark.

This thread is like Bojack Horseman. Come for the laughs and entertainment, leave a little wiser while feeling worse about humanity as a whole. Thoughts and prayers!

Last edited:
KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Oh man, I'm so locked in for this!! 😊
Cant wait to see the SLH and the cheese hunts,.. Also the haze when that comes around 🔥
If you're still looking at options you could maybe look at Greenhouse seeds Exodus Cheese (s1's of Exodus cut).
For the hazes, Connoisseur Genetics is a huge haze freak and has been working with Nevilles lines. Also Ace Seeds and SSSC have strong haze genetics..
If you're ever thinking about starting from landraces later down the line, you could take a look at Trident Seeds (aka Landrace Mafia). Even if you're not looking for landrace beans its a cool site to visit coz they have awsome detailed info about different landraces and pics of plants in their natural environments. Have you ever looked at them?☺👊

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I'm not really a huge fan of Green House as a company, so I don't really run their gear. Their "Strain Hunters" bullshit was incredibly arrogant and damaging to the genetic diversity of cannabis.

I've run a bunch of Ace stuff, they're fantastic. Golden Tiger is that enormous plant in flower now and the cross that I made with Orient Express and G13 Hazeplant is in early veg now.

Connoisseur Genetics looks cool, but I'm looking for more pure stuff than that. I'm more into heirlooms than landraces per se, like RSC's preserved Malawi and Congo lines. I've been looking at Khalifa quite a bit recently, too. I know they work with the same cut of Uzbekistan that I do and the Filipino Kibungan looks awesome. TBH I'd run their cross before Green House's Cheese.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

I'm not really a huge fan of Green House as a company, so I don't really run their gear. Their "Strain Hunters" bullshit was incredibly arrogant and damaging to the genetic diversity of cannabis.
before Green House's Cheese.
Lol yeah I've heard breeders complaining about this before tbh, but I just thought it was a bit selfish (not you!lol The ones I was listening to in a show). I think the real arrogance/selfishness is breeders complaning about people 5000 miles away, who use the plant in their everyday lives, to feed and cloth themselves, feed their cattle etc etc being able to grow more productive crops and better their every day lives and sitiation. But armchair explorers that have probably never set a foot outside their own country (let alone continent, lol 😅) are whining and talking shit on Franco because the indigenous people of these areas are doing whats best for themselves and families by growing more productive strains/plants, instead of still relying on unproductive crops just to prerve their purity in the hope that Fatt riot might want to go grab a hanful of beans one day in a furture that would never happen... Lool 😅😂😉👊
How do you feel.about Rez?
He's just realeased a SSSDH Redux 🔥🔥 and some other SD crosses
(Disclaimer: I'm NOT saying I'm gonna by the SSSDH redux,... But it is one of my favourite ever smokes, of all time. just facts. Dont shoot the messenger, for anyone reading this, lol 😅)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I've also got no problem with Matt Riot. He talks a lot of shit, which puts a target on his back, but he's also knowledgeable and he does legit work on his lines. Pretty much as long as breeders aren't white supremacist fuckwits or abusers of women/animals (Colin from Ethos), I don't have a problem with them.

"About ten minutes of Strain Hunters was my limit. Hopefully, we’ll see no more videos of gifting Indian and African farmers with seeds that wipe out millennia to millions of years of biodiversity and with it the farmers’ heritage…. And don’t hold your breath, but a much-needed conversation may also be starting.

The trouble is, the Cannabis biodiversity crisis is still getting framed as an ethical dilemma over whether “developing country” farmers should be “allowed” to grow hybrids.

Aside from the obvious, the conversation, such as it is, urgently needs to get past this notion that modern hybrid strains are the pinnacle of what can be achieved with Cannabis, and that landraces themselves are a nostalgic dead-end, both of which delusions are very far from the truth.

Steve DeAngelo—who’s begun what could prove to be fantastic work on prison reform—recently posted about Morocco, where biodiversity is already far gone. The hybrids now in use get brutalized by botrytis, he notes. But then he makes a questionable assumption: Branchy modern hybrids give a higher yield than the old columnar Moroccan landraces. Plant for plant this seems self-evident. But I wonder if this has been studied field for field.

Because the advanced high-yield Cannabis cultivars of the future will in fact have a columnar architecture, as do some variants of the old Mediterranean domesticates such as from Morocco, Lebanon, and Greece. Columnar architecture enables high-density planting and vastly higher total yields.

Current cultivars and planting practices in the West could charitably be described as “suboptimal”. The amount of wasted space caused by branching and distance between plants is astonishing to any crop scientist. That’s before we even get to unnecessary and unecological energy-hog greenhouses.

Even big branchy old-school Sativas can outyield hybrids, as demonstrated by Jamaican scientist Machel Emanuel. Fundamentally, the tropical landraces of the Caribbean, Thailand, and elsewhere are a basis from which cultivars that rival and exceed any modern strain can and will be created. If we salvage them before they go extinct.

Whatever the imagined short-term benefits, dumping modern hybrid seed on landrace farmers is not in their interest, still less their children’s."

Those dudes were just straight up ignorant about genetic diversity, they didn't care about anything but getting rich. They're not the first or the last people to go get strains from other places and grow them at home, they're just the only colonialist douchebags pretentious enough to make a show about them doing it and the only ones arrogant enough to think that their indoor/greenhouse genes would adapt to any climate on earth and be better than the local varieties. They've done tangible damage to the future of cannabis genetics, but they don't even sell IBL's of the stuff they've hunted without chucking some NL or Skunk on it.

It's the same line of thinking as white people that see other cultures and think they need to be "civilized" because they act differently. Colonialist arrogance has been a Dutch pastime for centuries.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Interesting. I agree with some of it and some if it I dont. The farmers are growing hybrids for the same reason you are, and the same reason you and I and all of us who do this for the harvest are - Productivity. You could keep only pure landraces in your garden. Any if us could, but its not productive. You could dedicate your space to preservation from now. Its the same as asking a farmer to do it.
I respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree on some points.
I do agree on others.
The points you cite about structure/architecture of productive crops can easily be evidenced by hemp crops for instance.
I like Steve De Angelo.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Just pulled some beans from that Vale Tudo lady.

{[(Mendo Purps x Kimbo Kush) x (Iran x Snow Lotus)] x [(ECSD x Moonshine Haze) x G13 Hashplant]}

Which breaks down more or less to:

{Mendo Purps x [(Bubba x Blackberry) x (Lemon Alien Dawg x Tahoe Alien)] x [Iran x (Afghan x Maui Haze) x (Pakistani x Sweet Tooth)] x [(ECSD x (Amnesia x Nevil's Wreck) x G13 Hashplant]}.

Anyone that wants to try 'em, DM me and cover shipping costs and 10 are yours.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

It's with a good deal of sadness that I say that I won't be doing business with DC Seed Exchange anymore.

Long story short, I placed an order about a month ago, it seems to have been "lost in the mail" as they say. I emailed Paul 9 days ago and again 5 days ago and he seems to not be responding. So I'm out both the beans and the means for the beans, with no recourse. Bummer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom