Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It's good stuff! Heavy indica, piney, citrusy flavors, more like yuzu or sudachi than lemon or grapefruit, slightly hoppy.

I'm not sure that the genetics live up to their price tag but I wouldn't turn down a cut, you know?
I picked up a pack of the bx Romulan Genetics is selling direct from him after he was having probs with payment processing. What confuses me is he calls it a no ceiling high.

Screenshot 20210404 130610
Screenshot 20210404 130622

🤷‍♂️

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I mean the stuff that I had was definitely different from that. It was much more indica-focused, mind-clearing, body heavy. I'd assume that's generally representative of the ideal, as I'm sure the cut for the concentrate was extensively pheno hunted.

Maybe part of the "better in every way" would be that people stay conscious for more than 45 minutes after a dab? The new backcross gives it some sativa zhuzh?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I mean the stuff that I had was definitely different from that. It was much more indica-focused, mind-clearing, body heavy. I'd assume that's generally representative of the ideal, as I'm sure the cut for the concentrate was extensively pheno hunted.

Maybe part of the "better in every way" would be that people stay conscious for more than 45 minutes after a dab? The new backcross gives it some sativa zhuzh?
Yeah. I mean you look at the genetics and there's no way that thing breeds true for uniformity.....which would make sense for something that has lived primarily as a clone cut? It looks like good pheno hunting material though!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

A thought I just had: it's possible a lot of that heavy indica body feeling actually came from a lowland Colombian? Or rather, at least came from that genetically (since I'm sure there are shades of gray here).

From DJ Short

Screenshot 20210404 145748

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

It's definitely possible that they share that characteristic, sure. Maybe it could also have something to do with ambering trichomes?

Things are coming along nicely in flower. Pipatxu is exploding there in the left corner, The Col'Jam Bastard, G13 Hashplant B, and Maui Waui will be finishing up here in a couple weeks,

Screenshot from 2021 04 07 04 23 43

Screenshot from 2021 04 07 04 23 35

Here's a closer look at one of the buds on Pipatxu.

Only one Silverfields left to differentiate (front right corner of the raised container), then the Dragons start coming! Killed off a bunch of males and weaker plants this week, only the best remain. The 8 plants at the bottom are all Ghanis. A few have shown some signs of movement, but I don't hold high hopes for the rest. Looks like my sample size is gonna be around 15-16 plants.

47tent

And the babies! Original Haze, Silverfields, and Super Lemon Moon (which I can't help but hear in the voice of Kevin from The Office because of "the Chunky Lemon Milk"). Hoping to get some nice males of all of them.

47babies

The Hazes took a while to pop, but have eventually come around.

Next drops are G13 Hazeplant, G13 Haze, Haze x Kali China, and Valencian Haze. In my mind, the most iconic Haze crosses are Super Silver (Mother of Silverfields), Super Lemon (Mother of Super Lemon Moon), and G13. I have a feeling that some very cool stuff will come from the progeny of what's running now.

Speaking of which, I pollinated the lower two branches of the less dense Lemon Citron- one with Framboise and one with Blue Power Mango. The third G13 Hashplant is getting the same treatment in a week or so, as will the Moonshine Amnesia ladies.

And with that I'll leave you with some Aesop Rock.

"Today I pulled three green frogs out of leaf and bark
Where the grapevines climb a convenient barn
I told them, "You will grow to be something tenacious and exalted;
You are mighty, you are gracious, you are lauded"
Then I let them go"

Last edited:
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
It's definitely possible that they share that characteristic, sure. Maybe it could also have something to do with ambering trichomes?

Things are coming along nicely in flower. Pipatxu is exploding there in the left corner, The Col'Jam Bastard, G13 Hashplant B, and Maui Waui will be finishing up here in a couple weeks,

View attachment 1110961

View attachment 1110962

Here's a closer look at one of the buds on Pipatxu.

View attachment 1110964

Only one Silverfields left to differentiate (front right corner of the raised container), then the Dragons start coming! Killed off a bunch of males and weaker plants this week, only the best remain. The 8 plants at the bottom are all Ghanis. A few have shown some signs of movement, but I don't hold high hopes for the rest. Looks like my sample size is gonna be around 15-16 plants.

View attachment 1110971

And the babies! Original Haze, Silverfields, and Super Lemon Moon (which I can't help but hear in the voice of Kevin from The Office because of "the Chunky Lemon Milk"). Hoping to get some nice males of all of them.

View attachment 1110970

The Hazes took a while to pop, but have eventually come around.

Next drops are G13 Hazeplant, G13 Haze, Haze x Kali China, and Valencian Haze. In my mind, the most iconic Haze crosses are Super Silver (Mother of Silverfields), Super Lemon (Mother of Super Lemon Moon), and G13. I have a feeling that some very cool stuff will come from the progeny of what's running now.

Speaking of which, I pollinated the lower two branches of the less dense Lemon Citron- one with Framboise and one with Blue Power Mango. The third G13 Hashplant is getting the same treatment in a week or so, as will the Moonshine Amnesia ladies.

And with that I'll leave you with some Aesop Rock.

"Today I pulled three green frogs out of leaf and bark
Where the grapevines climb a convenient barn
I told them, "You will grow to be something tenacious and exalted;
You are mighty, you are gracious, you are lauded"
Then I let them go"
Following your Afghan adventures (had my eye on that Black Afghani for quite a while), and your Haze project.
Kind of extremes of the cannabis spectrum, very interesting !

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
A thought I just had: it's possible a lot of that heavy indica body feeling actually came from a lowland Colombian? Or rather, at least came from that genetically (since I'm sure there are shades of gray here).

From DJ Short

View attachment 1110035
A friend who visited Colombia long time ago told me that only after smoking some local lowland he understood the meaning of the word "stoned" as thats how he felt, unable to move, like a stone !

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, there was definitely some stoniness in Nepalma. Plus Panama Red and Colombian lowland Red would likely be very similar since they're only a few hundred miles away.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Following your Afghan adventures (had my eye on that Black Afghani for quite a while), and your Haze project.
Kind of extremes of the cannabis spectrum, very interesting !

Yeah, this year there's a bit of a focus on working with the classics. In June there'll be a refined Skunk (TNF The Shoeshiner), in July there'll be a refined Widow (Widowmaker Skunk) that will be my first real foray into Widow genetics as well as Santa Cruz Blue Dream/Zkittles/G13 Hashplant cross called Zhe Pinch.

Of course I've got Mango going now (in the form of Blue Power Mango), SSH (Silverfields), SLH (Chunky Lemon Milk), G13 in a few things, Blueberry (x Amnesia)...

It's a pretty intentional exploration of cannabis genetics and what fits with my physiology. Always trying to increase the sample size.

Also, to shift gears, the Sour Sorbet is a very nice smoke. Not mindblowing or extreme in any way, just a well-balanced, relaxing, low-anxiety high. Yield wasn't great, but that was just as much me not knowing how she likes to be loved in flower as anything else. It's nice, and if the clone takes I'll run it again, but I wouldn't buy more.

The DTxC99 is getting put away for a few months. Maybe the high will settle down a bit once it cures, but I'm not doing enough physical activity right now for it to really be useful. The Sky Cuddler (the second one, with a nicer high than the first) and Sour Sorbet will be my daily drivers for a bit. The Maui Waui comes down in a week and the Col'Jam Bastard and G13 Hashplant come down roughly a week after that, with Pipatxu following shortly after.

It's a bit like being an air traffic controller in slow motion. 😄

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Yeah, this year there's a bit of a focus on working with the classics. In June there'll be a refined Skunk (TNF The Shoeshiner), in July there'll be a refined Widow (Widowmaker Skunk) that will be my first real foray into Widow genetics as well as Santa Cruz Blue Dream/Zkittles/G13 Hashplant cross called Zhe Pinch.

Of course I've got Mango going now (in the form of Blue Power Mango), SSH (Silverfields), SLH (Chunky Lemon Milk), G13 in a few things, Blueberry (x Amnesia)...

It's a pretty intentional exploration of cannabis genetics and what fits with my physiology. Always trying to increase the sample size.

Also, to shift gears, the Sour Sorbet is a very nice smoke. Not mindblowing or extreme in any way, just a well-balanced, relaxing, low-anxiety high. Yield wasn't great, but that was just as much me not knowing how she likes to be loved in flower as anything else. It's nice, and if the clone takes I'll run it again, but I wouldn't buy more.

The DTxC99 is getting put away for a few months. Maybe the high will settle down a bit once it cures, but I'm not doing enough physical activity right now for it to really be useful. The Sky Cuddler (the second one, with a nicer high than the first) and Sour Sorbet will be my daily drivers for a bit. The Maui Waui comes down in a week and the Col'Jam Bastard and G13 Hashplant come down roughly a week after that, with Pipatxu following shortly after.

It's a bit like being an air traffic controller in slow motion. 😄
Amazing what you can do in a relatively small space, so many varieties and crosses...
Respect !

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Kanzeon I'm puffing on that DT x C99 today, really interesting smoke. Reminds me of sweet pink grapefruit, very citrusy, quite a nice smoke actually.
Glad I hung onto a cut of this. I'm going to run it outside and see how she does, it looked like it could be an early finisher outdoors the way it flowered.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
You sure have interesting genetics!
And really good descriptions of smell and effect, dont know why i find it so hard to describe a smell.

For years i devoured all cannabis magazines i could get here, one of my favorite reads was about varieties from seed banks and the descriptions of smell taste effect and potency.

I could start a little library with all the magazines...

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

@Kanzeon I'm puffing on that DT x C99 today, really interesting smoke. Reminds me of sweet pink grapefruit, very citrusy, quite a nice smoke actually.
Glad I hung onto a cut of this. I'm going to run it outside and see how she does, it looked like it could be an early finisher outdoors the way it flowered.

Yeah, the clone for me finished a good week before the plant from seed. I'd be very surprised if it didnt' finish there. Glad you dig it!

@Poekie it's all the food work. I've spent decades describing and (over)analyzing flavors and aromas, I couldn't stop if I wanted to.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Yeah, the clone for me finished a good week before the plant from seed. I'd be very surprised if it didnt' finish there. Glad you dig it!

@Poekie it's all the food work. I've spent decades describing and (over)analyzing flavors and aromas, I couldn't stop if I wanted to.
Ahh that explains it !
Well i hope i still have a few decades to go, so enough time to catch up...

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Something like this is generally a decent place to start when it comes to flavor/aroma analysis.

Wheel

The freebee from TNF ended up being Silk Road Skunk (Original Haze x Skunk 1 x Skunk 18), so that will incorporate beautifully into the plan this year. Very excited to run that.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Something like this is generally a decent place to start when it comes to flavor/aroma analysis.

View attachment 1111347

The freebee from TNF ended up being Silk Road Skunk (Original Haze x Skunk 1 x Skunk 18), so that will incorporate beautifully into the plan this year. Very excited to run that.
Very nice, thats helpful !
I have yet to find a plant that smelled like Wet Fur, sounds like a nice name though.
Better than Pool Toy...lol

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That last Silverfields differentiated, and guess what? It's female! Not a surprise.

Here's the veg closet, where the plants are topped and staged for repotting. Blueberry Amnesia in the back are the tallest, Framboise are on the right, Blue Power Mango are in front of the Blueberrry Amnesia, and the container below it is all Silverfields. There are also rooted clones of Pipatxu and CJB (more on her later), as well as the latest iteration of the bubble cloner.

Screenshot from 2021 04 11 02 36 05

Screenshot from 2021 04 11 02 36 27

The Dragons are coming along nicely, watched over by the winning Framboise male that's given me a ton of pollen. A few are starting to show that they're male, which is a relief.

411tentb

That second G13 Hashplant is a stunning lady.

And the main cola of the Col'Jam Bastard. Smells a lot like her mom, with the whole roasted coffee beans and black forest cake thing going on, but this iteration is a LOT frostier than her mom, with a couple months cut off the finishing time.

411finished

For reference, here's the mother plant a couple weeks out from harvest.

Coljam

That clone of her is going to get hit with pollen from everything.

411tent
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That sure looks like the g-13 I remember. It was crossed into a number of the CH9 strains too. Part of getting those big fat budz.

seems anything with real g13 in it yields and had good potency. I think it was motarebels pg13 in there.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That sure looks like the g-13 I remember. It was crossed into a number of the CH9 strains too. Part of getting those big fat budz.

seems anything with real g13 in it yields and had good potency. I think it was motarebels pg13 in there.

Oh yeah. These G13 Hashplants are stunners, no doubt. I still have a few buds of the last one stashed away and sampled some last night, it definitely gets better with a good cure.

G13 Hazeplants will be going down here in a few days, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom