Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Speaking of Haze, the first Haze x Kali China got a new pot today.

That pot came directly from the Lemon OG runt that I decided wasn't worth the space it was taking up. A few weeks early, but I give zero shits about that plant because it's shown me nothing worth keeping.

After some lime, kelp meal, fishbone meal, and guano of course. With those and the Super Lemon Moons, I may need to set up a trellis, or at least something for the plants to lean on.

The empty spot in flower was filled by another heavily defoliated Framboise. This one smells like someone covered fresh raspberries with super glue.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Aaaaaaaand just did the same with the first Supreme Lemon. Definitely one of the weaker plants of her kind, I didn't feel that her potential improvement over the next couple weeks could justify that spot being taken up anymore.

Same soil amendments and the second Super Lemon Moon lady now has a real home.

Death to the weaklings!

That Lemon Pie will probably get chopped next week, along with the second Supreme Lemon. The G13 Hazes in veg will get those pots (as G13 Hazeplant pollen is being created!) and the last Framboise and a Silverfields will get their spots in flower.

Then probably the weaker Moonshine Amnesia the next week, with Silverfields or the other Haze x Kali China getting that pot.

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Pie2

Cut that Lemon Pie today. Well, not totally, the rest of it is revegging so that it can be crossed with the other Lemon winners later on. I've found it's easier to reveg when the plant isn't totally done so there are still white pistils here and there. I would have let it go another week if I was just cutting the plant.

One of the things that drew me to this plant is the size of the trichomes, especially in relation to the buds. Even with that terrible picture, the trichomes pop pretty decently. The smell has also been pretty assertive throughout flower, though not in an overbearing way. If I could get these trichomes on a plant with the plant structure of the Supreme Lemon Keeper, the aroma of Lemon Citron and Lemon OG, and the bud structure that I'm anticipating from Super Lemon Moon, I'd be ecstatic. Meh, maybe by the end of 2022.

The plan is to grow out the keeper females and hit them with the keeper males, then combine and blind select the progeny for lemon terps and potency.

Looks like I'll have solid females of that, Supreme Lemon, Lemon OG Kush, and Lemon Citron. Likely a Super Lemon Moon female as well, to go with that awesome dude. Got one more addition to the lemon gene pool- @agseedco Lemon Tree x ON Haze - going down soon.

Before that, though, I'll be dropping some fun stuff. (ECSD x Moonshine Haze) x G13 Hashplant, Tin Foil Hat, Kali China, PKO, and Blowfish [(G13 x Oregon Funk) x (G13 x Blue Dot)].

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Things are progressing nicely in the flower room. The Moonshine x Amnesia up front has chucked off all of its leaves, but the buds are still packing on weight. The Supreme Lemon keeper is in the left back corner, Lemon OGK and the other Moonshine x Amnesia are in front of it getting cut this month, and the Blueberry Amnesia in the back (the tallest one) is starting to really take off.

69leftflower

For perspective, the same Blueberry Amnesia plant is on the left here. The leafy ladies in the front row are all Framboise, the one in the front left is the second Supreme Lemon.

69rightflower

Guess who snagged a veg tent! Ghash mom in the big pot on the left, Col'Jam Bastard mom on the bottom right, Lemon Citron and Lemon Pie keepers are revegging on the right. Also a couple G13 Haze plants, a couple Haze x Kali China plants, and Bubba Hash (the super broad leafed lady on the bottom row in the middle.

69vegtent

The Ghanis! Yeah, they look rough right now but they'll all be repotted by the end of the month. The four Ghani keeper dudes are in the black pots in the container to the right along with the Super Lemon Moon keeper, the Interstate Dragon Keeper, and the Haze dude.

69veg

And the seedling tent! Obviously these Hazes have been taking a while to differentiate so they're getting quite large. Repotted all of the Silk Road Skunk today (bottom corner), Zhe Pinch is next.

69babies

I also dropped some beans! Diesel Ghash [(ECSD x Moonshine) x G13 Hashplant], Kali China, and Tin Foil Hat [(Rugburn OG x Magnum Opus) x Pink Kush]. PKO round 2, Blowfish, and Widowmaker Skunk will round out the rest of the month.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, that Lemon Pie is a surprisingly heavy hitter. I'm happy to have her revegging right now, just by sampling the barely dried buds. There's so much Lemon aroma and flavor, but it's not fresh lemon juice (like Lemon Citron is), or Lemon zest (Lemon OG Kush) as much as a perfumed lemon, actually like in a lemon tart or pie. There's definitely a delicious creaminess to it as well, but it's not overpowering. The high, on the other hand, is pretty overpowering. It's a couch-locker with no shortage of mental stimulation. This is not do-stuff weed, unless that stuff is to order Domino's and binge watch Werner Herzog films. Civilization is, after all, like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness.

That cross with the Super Lemon Moon is going to be amazeballs.

Cut the second Supreme Lemon for the same reason I cut the first, as well as taking down the scraggly Moonshine Amnesia. She ended up making some fat buds, but the branches could barely hold them. Good thing I crossed it with Interstate Dragon...

...the second of which I up-potted today, along with the second Haze x Kali China.

Only one Silverfields and two Orient Express to go before I do all of the Ghanis. In the meantime, those Ghani dudes will get a slightly bigger pot and be re-flipped for pollen collection and chuckenating. 4 very solid males and, I believe, 9 females are left.

Big things coming with that G13 Hazeplant, too. Gonna use the best of the males to cross with the Ghash keeper and Bubba Hash ladies, then cross that. Might do the same with an Afgaan 90 male to make a Ghani-Bubba-Hashplant-13 strain and call that one Emelianenko Kush. Seems like a hell of a plant to hit with Haze as well...

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Cut and washed the second Lemon OG Kush earlier, leaving the base revegging. Did the same with the second Moonshine x Amnesia (which actually smells a lot like lemon) and the stretchier Heavy Grapefruit. All 3 *could* have gone longer, but when dealing with future moms (in both senses), the potential later harvests and offspring are of greater priority than nailing this one.

Even still, they're all smelling great initially. LOG is lemony with a slight rubbery funk. Amnesia is gluey and lemony. HG is VERY fruity, the first pheno leaning more towards grape soda terps than grapefruit while the other one is much more in the blueberry area. I'm already glad that I crossed that dense, stretchless indica with Super Lemon Moon- those seeds are finishing on the revegging plant now.

The second Heavy Grapefruit has about a week left, with the two Supreme Lemons coming about a week after that. Then come fun things like Blue Power Mango, Kubanskiy, Siberian Haze, and the horde of Blueberry Amnesias.

Both Super Lemon Moons got flipped and essentially everything in there got arranged by strain. All of the Blueberry Amnesias are together, all of the Framboises are together, the Silverfields are together, etc. It definitely makes pheno hunting easier.

I'm not having the success with the bubble cloner that I had anticipated. Everything I put in there seems to rot because I have no real way to control the temperature, even though I've been changing the water daily. I think I've got some air layering ideas that I want to explore anyway- more on those to come. I'll also give a sterile medium (coco) and a humidity dome a shot again in the meantime. It's annoying, but every failure is knowledge gained.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @Kanzeon i got a pump I bought for misting system and misting heads.... worked well for its use but now I don't need it if you wanna make a aero cloner... can send you everything you need brother. Just sitting g collecting dust.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Cut and wash to reveg? I’m not following.

I’ve never cloned for soil but I am nearly 100% success using my cheap ass aeroponics setup. Any help I can provide? Like temp measurements or something?

Cut the mature stalks/buds (and rinse them for sediment) while preserving a few intact tops for the plant to reveg from for future cloning/breeding. As opposed to uprooting the whole plant, not revegging it, and putting a new plant in the pot after some soil amendments, like happens to the non-keepers.

It's mostly the physical setup that I need at the moment, but with @Aqua Man 's generous offer I feel like I might just be in business! That is, assuming Canada Post actually delivers it. 😆 I had the ol' "airstone in a bucket" setup, but the water would get too warm and stems would rot despite changing the water frequently.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cut the mature stalks/buds (and rinse them for sediment) while preserving a few intact tops for the plant to reveg from for future cloning/breeding. As opposed to uprooting the whole plant, not revegging it, and putting a new plant in the pot after some soil amendments, like happens to the non-keepers.

It's mostly the physical setup that I need at the moment, but with @Aqua Man 's generous offer I feel like I might just be in business! That is, assuming Canada Post actually delivers it. 😆 I had the ol' "airstone in a bucket" setup, but the water would get too warm and stems would rot despite changing the water frequently.
Still nothing? Fuck me. Well this will get tracking and not going without it from now on. Just not worth not getting it. Almost wondering if I got the address wrong... im gonna see if I still have the receipt and that info on it so I can verify

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think it's a ploy by Canada Post to extort people into getting tracking.

"Not getting tracking on that package, bud? Sure wouldn't... want anything to happen to it on the way."
I kinda wonder cause the lady kinda looked at me funny when I pulled a bunch seeds in little baggies out and stuffed em in the envelope lol. Right at that moment I was like 🙄🤔🤔🤔 prob should have just taken it out to the car to do that. But then was like nah. I hope that cunt didn't flag it or something. I don't think it's an issue to send in Canada AFAIK.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

They're fine according to Canada Post's site, but knowing how much people here love to mind business that's not their own, it wouldn't surprise me if they got Karen'ed. Then again, if the government here didn't actively run disinformation campaigns against cannabis, the horde of Karens probably wouldn't squawk as much.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In my experience over the last year Canada post is a mess, I just had an order leave Ontario, in stead of coming east it landed in Vancouver, it made its way back as far as Montreal now it gone lol
Yeah tracking it is... fuck me. That's a few seeds lol. Maybe they show up at Christmas?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After stopping in fuckin' PEI for the fall. As one does.
Reminds me of my wifes wedding ring... was made in New Zealand I think then had to go to Australia I think for quality control before being shipped to Canada. Like wtf don't these ppl understand logistics?

Maybe I'm wrong... its the shipping companies that rule the world not social media 🤔🤔🤔 don't mind me it past my bed time.

amekins

amekins

Reminds me of my wifes wedding ring... was made in New Zealand I think then had to go to Australia I think for quality control before being shipped to Canada. Like wtf don't these ppl understand logistics?

Maybe I'm wrong... its the shipping companies that rule the world not social media 🤔🤔🤔 don't mind me it past my bed time.
It’s a conspiracy.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
In college i learned about how it costs an overnight shipping company like fed ex more money to send something two day instead of overnight because they have to store the package for a day first before putting it on the plane. However, it lets them charge more for overnight, so it's worth.

My point being this is rank incompetence from the postal service and everyone should be fired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom