Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ajgrows

ajgrows

Day 25
75° | 50% RH | 540 µmols | 35 DLI

She's alive! I kicked the lights up to about 525 µmols at lunch today and I came home to a complete 180 from yesterday. I'm wondering if I should pull off the lowest leaves since they seem to be dying anyway. Idk if that's going to stress her out again 🤔

APC 0006

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How many nodes is that?

So, have you learned anything? You CAN grow, because it's not you doing it, it's the plant. Leave it alone and let it grow.
I would NOT do LST this grow because you have had so much die and now this is cranking right along. Don't screw with it.
Keep it growing. Learn LST Next time. For now, just learn to grow and keep your hands off.

That sounds harsh but I don't mean it that way. Skip the LST this time.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You know @ajgrows, I have been paying special attention to this thread in particular because I want you to have a successful grow.
You have a bad habit of having to 'do something' to the plant and that's why they keep dying. Just follow directions, WATER properly and don't touch.

I want you to have a huge win. Skip the LST. Right @amekins?

ajgrows

ajgrows

Day 28
75° | 61% RH | 565 µmols | 36 DLI

Gave her 3C water w/ some recharge.

How many nodes is that?
5 nodes.

So, have you learned anything? You CAN grow, because it's not you doing it, it's the plant. Leave it alone and let it grow.
I would NOT do LST this grow because you have had so much die and now this is cranking right along. Don't screw with it.
Keep it growing. Learn LST Next time. For now, just learn to grow and keep your hands off.

That sounds harsh but I don't mean it that way. Skip the LST this time.
I don't think the non-starters died because of something I was doing incorrectly per se. I think it was the soil/RAs or the quality of my water. I remedied both (hat tip to you for the soil and filter rec 👨‍🌾). I think I've mostly learned to not freak out over the past couple weeks. What looks like doom and gloom one day disappears completely the next. I also think Lloyd gets thirsty quicker than my moisture meter indicates it's time to water. Based solely on looking at her.....droopy patterns. I did take the garden wire off today because I don't want to use her as the LST test bed for it, as you mentioned.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think it was a combination of things and the soil and excess nutes just aggravated it. But as you said, most of that is straightened out.
So, I'm still following, so keep us updated. I want to see this one get smoked.
Top it now at the 4th. Go about an 1/8 inch above the node itself and pinch it off or cut with clean scissors.

amekins

amekins

You know @ajgrows, I have been paying special attention to this thread in particular because I want you to have a successful grow.
You have a bad habit of having to 'do something' to the plant and that's why they keep dying. Just follow directions, WATER properly and don't touch.

I want you to have a huge win. Skip the LST. Right @amekins?
Get a solid grow under your belt first.

amekins

amekins

I think it was a combination of things and the soil and excess nutes just aggravated it. But as you said, most of that is straightened out.
So, I'm still following, so keep us updated. I want to see this one get smoked.
Top it now at the 4th. Go about an 1/8 inch above the node itself and pinch it off or cut with clean scissors.
Don’t top it. It’s an auto. If you’re not doing LST, why would you top?

Frostfire

Frostfire

Topping autos is controversial but from what I've seen it can go good or not so good because of the shorter life cycle of autos! That being said I think I'd just let it grow naturally so as not to slow it down in any way and after all the mishaps you had early on it just seems right to let this one race to the finish line in it's natural form, you could also get some decent side branching even un-topped! But each to their own! This journal was interesting, read through it this afternoon and I'll say you have the one thing required for success in anything, stick-to-it-ive-ness. Let the failures move you to better things. Hope you have a great success!

ajgrows

ajgrows

Agreed^^ I'm not topping and won't even LST until I feel like I have a plant that is healthy enough to do it. I think I've stressed her enough already and I DO need to just focus on getting to the end, yield be damned. It's already in preflower anyway, I don't think I would want to do that.

Frostfire

Frostfire

I’ll see if she’s perked up any tonight. I might have given her too much water, she’s gotten real droopy since Wednesday.
"I'm No Stranger To The Rain"
Keith Whitley

I'm no stranger to the rain
I'm a friend of thunder
Friend, is it any wonder lightning strikes me
I've fought with the devil
Got down on his level
But I never gave in, so he gave up on me

I can spot bad weather
And I'm good at finding shelter in a downpour
I've been sacrificed by brothers
Crucified by lovers
But through it all I withstood the pain

But when I get that foggy feeling
When I'm feeling down
If I don't keep my head up, I may drown
But it's hard to keep believing
I'll even come out even
While the rain beats your hope in the ground
And tonight it's really coming down

But there'll always be tomorrow
And I'll beg, steal, or borrow a little sunshine
And I'll put this cloud behind me
That's how the Man designed me
To ride the wind and dance in a hurricane

Oh, no, I'm no stranger to the rain

I'm a friend of thunder
Friend, is it any wonder lightning strikes me
But I'll put this cloud behind me
That's how the Man designed me
To ride the wind and dance in a hurricane

Oh, no, I'm no stranger to the rain

ajgrows

ajgrows

Day 30
75° | 51% RH | 535 µmols | 34 DLI

Lloyd's still lookin' pretty rough. Moisture meter is reading 4-5, we'll see if her condition changes before Monday. The bottom true leaves that you can't see are pretty much toast. One of my homies gave me a Blueberry Kush bean to "be more involved in your grow" lol. Or at least he says it's a Kush. The baggie label says 'Blueberry Auto', which is a sativa. So I have no idea what it is 🤷‍♂️ I let that sit in a shot glass expecting to pot it tomorrow. It sank earlier today so I dropped it in the 3 gal pot that has been cooking for...about 9 days. Yes, that's a sprout in the bottom left corner. I tossed a few cilantro seeds in the pot when I transplanted to see if they might help repel pests. Time to go crush some boozy stouts. Peace out Fockers 🍻

IMG 5834

Grape

Top Bottom