Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like you just used 2 cups, both not clear.
When the back of the largest leaves are at the outside edge of the cup, it will be ready.
The roots are as big around as 75% of the plant top.

ajgrows

ajgrows

It looks like you just used 2 cups, both not clear.
When the back of the largest leaves are at the outside edge of the cup, it will be ready.
The roots are as big around as 75% of the plant top.
That's correct. There's three drain holes in the bottom, I see no roots. I thought it should be transplanted when the leaves reach that point also butttt...no roots.

ajgrows

ajgrows

I’m guessing lack of humidity and possibly calcium.
It's usually in the 55-57% range, I just have the humidifier off so it's closer to 50 this evening. That doesn't seem so dry that it would cause deficiencies 3 weeks in though.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What we are looking at here is the plant is hungry.
It's ready for it's new home, even if the roots are not showing because there is nothing left in the cup.

Do you have your pot ready?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's only cooked for a few days, but yeah I've got one.
A few days is better than none.
Now, before you do this, (transplant) please describe to me what you are going to do and how.
Pot size, soil mix and all that....

ajgrows

ajgrows

A few days is better than none.
Now, before you do this, (transplant) please describe to me what you are going to do and how.
Pot size, soil mix and all that....
I'll do it tomorrow night, but I'll do it like this:

Use an empty seedling pot to make a hole in medium of the 1 gal fabric pot. Has LUSH w/ Recharge and Fish Shit, watered in w/ 4C water.
Apply Mykos to the hole. Flip the plant pot over and slide it out, apply Mykos to the sides/bottom of the medium and any visible roots.
Put in new home w/ a little water. Let it sit until the bottom of the pot is dry again.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'll do it tomorrow night, but I'll do it like this:

Use an empty seedling pot to make a hole in medium of the 1 gal fabric pot. Has LUSH w/ Recharge and Fish Shit, watered in w/ 4C water.
Apply Mykos to the hole. Flip the plant pot over and slide it out, apply Mykos to the sides/bottom of the medium and any visible roots.
Put in new home w/ a little water. Let it sit until the bottom of the pot is dry again.
Get the WHOLE THING WET even if it takes more than a 1/4 cup. This is not a solo cup, give it some freakin water. You need a bigger pot. 3 gal is great for tent grows.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Get the WHOLE THING WET even if it takes more than a 1/4 cup. This is not a solo cup, give it some freakin water. You need a bigger pot. 3 gal is great for tent grows.
I will, I'll water until it's saturated but the bottom of the 1 gal is still reading an 8 on the moisture meter. I need to prove to myself I can water the 1 gal pot correctly before I move up in size. At least for a couple weeks lol

ajgrows

ajgrows

Day 21
75° | 57% RH | 380 µmols

Transplant successful...mostly. I think the soil being wet sabotaged me a bit, because it was tough to keep it all together when putting her into the 1 gal pot. Some may or may not have ended up on the table and floor 🤦‍♂️. She made it though, gave her 2 cups of water to soak in. I did see some roots on the outer edge of the plug so hopefully the Mykos will help get those going in the smallest 'bigger' pot ever. In retrospect, the 1 gal feels too small. It's pretty soaked so I'm hoping to see her rebound by the weekend.

IMG 5810

I wasn't sure what kind of shape she would be in this evening. She doesn't seem any worse for wear after getting home from work so that's encouraging 😃

IMG 5809

And after realizing 3 gal pots are probably a better choice, I went ahead and started cooking the next pot of soil. I'll wait 10 days or so and start the next bean. 4C water, 1/8tsp Recharge, 2ml Fish 💩 Really, really not a fan of the smell 🤢

IMG 5811

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First sow your seed in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in 1 half inch with good drainage, if u get a high pop tie 2 bread ties together burn plastic off 1 half of 1 end, stick the wire well away from seedling, make a loupe and hold seedling in place till it can stand on its own this works every time, or you can take a straw cut a slit in it like a little cast but bread tie method works better.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Point taken. But be fair with us, we had to figure out how to breakthru the mistaken presuppositions you brought us.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

First sow your seed in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in 1 half inch with good drainage, if u get a high pop tie 2 bread ties together burn plastic off 1 half of 1 end, stick the wire well away from seedling, make a loupe and hold seedling in place till it can stand on its own this works every time, or you can take a straw cut a slit in it like a little cast but bread tie method works better.
By using the crutch, we feel it takes away from the plant. So, we discourage them.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Day 21
75° | 57% RH | 380 µmols

Transplant successful...mostly. I think the soil being wet sabotaged me a bit, because it was tough to keep it all together when putting her into the 1 gal pot. Some may or may not have ended up on the table and floor 🤦‍♂️. She made it though, gave her 2 cups of water to soak in. I did see some roots on the outer edge of the plug so hopefully the Mykos will help get those going in the smallest 'bigger' pot ever. In retrospect, the 1 gal feels too small. It's pretty soaked so I'm hoping to see her rebound by the weekend.

🤮

I wasn't sure what kind of shape she would be in this evening. She doesn't seem any worse for wear after getting home from work so that's encouraging 😃

And after realizing 3 gal pots are probably a better choice, I went ahead and started cooking the next pot of soil. I'll wait 10 days or so and start the next bean. 4C water, 1/8tsp Recharge, 2ml Fish 💩 Really, really not a fan of the smell 🤢
Nobody is a fan of that smell brah! 🤢🤮 But it sure makes plants grow!

ajgrows

ajgrows

Point taken. But be fair with us, we had to figure out how to breakthru the mistaken presuppositions you brought us.
Yeah, it’s just annoying when these random ‘solutions’ show up when someone clearly isn’t looking at anything before the latest post. Doesn’t really add any value to the thread.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Day 25
75° | 56% RH | 440 µmols

Well Lloyd apparently isn't a fan of being transplanted and has looked pretty bad since moving to the 1 gal pot. Zero vertical growth since the move, lower leaves are starting to yellow and....now pistils are starting to show 🤦‍♂️ Gave her 3.5C water today w/ some Recharge. Just going to stick w/ the plan and see if she manages to rebound.

APC 0005

IMG 5817

IMG 5818

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Transplant stress. It can last 2 or 3 days. Leave it alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom