Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KLight03

KLight03

Okay, I'm pretty sure I posted pictures after potting, then it seems I fell off. I've been easily tired the last few days and the wires in my head get crossed when it comes time to verbalize. Imagine how that's going for me, the A-type. :D

Super glad I have these beauties to go hang out with and drop some of the negative energy. The hubs is in a funk and I'm learning boundaries, so I'm just wondering if my paranoia about my permit is the negative vibes hanging around.

Anyway...here's some pictures. from the last pictures until now. Yesterday, I sort of left them alone, they seemed happy enough, until I checked on them before I went to bed. Then my gut told me they wanted to be flushed out, so I did. I was exhausted and didn't test the water first, but the last I had used it, pH was 6.8. There seems to be some, what do y'all call it? Nute burn? Does that seem right? You will see it on a couple of plants, or I accidentally missed drying that part of the leaves off. I'm beginning to think that Porch Pirates snagged my fans. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Also, can someone tell me, should I be moving the light cycle to 12/12 from 18/6? I'm pretty sure I spaced this information.

IMG 20200126 163904
IMG 20200126 163912
IMG 20200126 163918
IMG 20200126 163923
IMG 20200127 213215
IMG 20200127 213220
IMG 20200127 213224
IMG 20200127 230431
IMG 20200127 230437
IMG 20200127 230441
IMG 20200127 230446
dire wolf

dire wolf

Looking good !
If it was me , i would wait ,at least a few more leaf sets , and of course they must be 30 days old to start sexing , i like to grow new strains straight, meaning no fim , top , lst ,supercropping ... or any other technique thats designed to increase yield , maybe top the sssdh because it will be a tall plant and then you can tie down the two growing tips......
But some strains react differently to various torture , so i like to let them just grow straight and tall , at least for a new grower , thats just me...( top = pinching stem at top ,removing new growth and leaving a set of stalks , leaves etc that will grow into a more agressive 2 stem plant )

Or i would leave the plant alone and I would wait around 5 -6 weeks and about a ft tall.....

But many options now and do whatever feels right.....

KLight03

KLight03

Canna 1&2; combo pack thing.
Looking good !
If it was me , i would wait ,at least a few more leaf sets , and of course they must be 30 days old to start sexing , i like to grow new strains straight, meaning no fim , top , lst ,supercropping ... or any other technique thats designed to increase yield , maybe top the sssdh because it will be a tall plant and then you can tie down the two growing tips......
But some strains react differently to various torture , so i like to let them just grow straight and tall , at least for a new grower , thats just me...( top = pinching stem at top ,removing new growth and leaving a set of stalks , leaves etc that will grow into a more agressive 2 stem plant )

Or i would leave the plant alone and I would wait around 5 -6 weeks and about a ft tall.....

But many options now and do whatever feels right.....
I started them off with the leave them alone technique. I just kept following that line of thought up until I signed up here. I have learned that the Peyote Critical and SSSD are good with that technique. I am not sure I would do a whole room of Blue Gelato using that technique, though. I'm sure she's a hardy plant now, but she's not as big and hearty as the others. She also likes it towards the warmer end.

My gut instinct, as a whole, tells me to leave them as they are, especially if I want to make anything of them. I'm glad they seem happy. I'll try to remember to post pictures tonight. Everybody is all lush and green today, so I don't like messing around with them too much.

Do I change the light cycle now?

@oldskol4evr all is well?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Ah ha , thats a different story, for me personally , i would also consider your root mass, roots are just as important as plant , anyway you know that , but i think you transplanted a few days ago ? I would give the root mass some time to fill in , are you going to flower in the 1 gal pots ?
Again , i dont know about anyone else practice , but i like to do my final transplant and give week of root growth / settle in time before switching to 12 /12

Also do you have 3 or 4 sets of alternate nodes ? Anyway 12 to 18 inch would be my preference from seed, clone can be shorter as they are already full grown.....

Hurry up, you can enter my clone competition and win a free month of popeye chicken sandwich 😉

KLight03

KLight03

Just woke up to get a drink of water.... do not begin flowering yet , your plants are still too small ,there i said it 😊
I'm trying to give them their own time and space to decide what they want to do. I don't want to nudge too much.

So what you are saying is keep them at the 18/6 schedule?

Does anyone else hold their seeds in their mouth before putting in a paper towel to sprout?

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Okay, I'm pretty sure I posted pictures after potting, then it seems I fell off. I've been easily tired the last few days and the wires in my head get crossed when it comes time to verbalize. Imagine how that's going for me, the A-type. :D

Super glad I have these beauties to go hang out with and drop some of the negative energy. The hubs is in a funk and I'm learning boundaries, so I'm just wondering if my paranoia about my permit is the negative vibes hanging around.

Anyway...here's some pictures. from the last pictures until now. Yesterday, I sort of left them alone, they seemed happy enough, until I checked on them before I went to bed. Then my gut told me they wanted to be flushed out, so I did. I was exhausted and didn't test the water first, but the last I had used it, pH was 6.8. There seems to be some, what do y'all call it? Nute burn? Does that seem right? You will see it on a couple of plants, or I accidentally missed drying that part of the leaves off. I'm beginning to think that Porch Pirates snagged my fans. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Also, can someone tell me, should I be moving the light cycle to 12/12 from 18/6? I'm pretty sure I spaced this information.
Do not flip yet. Well you can but it would hurt your harvest badly. Wait a couple more weeks. Looking good though. Keep up the awesome work. I am pulling to get you that 250. My words go pretty far with Mars Hydro.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

No

Edit: I just read sad bad's post below this one is there another Mars contest, and if so what do we have to do? just list her name like the last one? can you put a link to it? We'll get you a 250 Kim! whatever that is
I am going to send you a DM.

KLight03

KLight03

Do not flip yet. Well you can but it would hurt your harvest badly. Wait a couple more weeks. Looking good though. Keep up the awesome work. I am pulling to get you that 250. My words go pretty far with Mars Hydro.
I appreciate you. I walked away from there since there seemed to be a lot of surrounding drama associated. I get it, but I have enough of my own and am of the mind, the path to least resistance and all that.

Thanks for the heads up about not flipping them. I have sensed that they are happy the way things are now. The few times I walked into the tent today, though, it looked like one or two were literally reaching for the lights. I've still got them pretty low and have been monitoring for burns and such, so far so good. It seems the Peyote Critical is super excited to be growing up and they may be cheering the others on. The last I looked, my Blue Girl seemed to have grown overnight, literally. I'll post pictures after they wake up. I'm excited to see how they look today for some reason.

I'm really interested in making a tea type feed. I wish I had a place where I could have chickens because chicken shit is the absolute best fertilizer. Perhaps the Universe will provide. Time will tell. I did set up a crystal grid under them. I'll try to get a good picture or two of it.

I appreciate all of y'all. @oldskol4evr , I know all about feeling rough. If all you can manage is a thumbs up, I'm good with that. You have to take care of you first.

Peace be with Y'all!

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I appreciate you. I walked away from there since there seemed to be a lot of surrounding drama associated. I get it, but I have enough of my own and am of the mind, the path to least resistance and all that.

Thanks for the heads up about not flipping them. I have sensed that they are happy the way things are now. The few times I walked into the tent today, though, it looked like one or two were literally reaching for the lights. I've still got them pretty low and have been monitoring for burns and such, so far so good. It seems the Peyote Critical is super excited to be growing up and they may be cheering the others on. The last I looked, my Blue Girl seemed to have grown overnight, literally. I'll post pictures after they wake up. I'm excited to see how they look today for some reason.

I'm really interested in making a tea type feed. I wish I had a place where I could have chickens because chicken shit is the absolute best fertilizer. Perhaps the Universe will provide. Time will tell. I did set up a crystal grid under them. I'll try to get a good picture or two of it.

I appreciate all of y'all. @oldskol4evr , I know all about feeling rough. If all you can manage is a thumbs up, I'm good with that. You have to take care of you first.

Peace be with Y'all!
Mars have their problems because of their old units. Their new lights SP and TS series are doing very well though. That bad taste from the old lights though are still in MANY grower's mouths though so that's why Mars gets the crap they do but I love their lights and do very well with their lights. I use the TS series also.

KLight03

KLight03

Mars have their problems because of their old units. Their new lights SP and TS series are doing very well though. That bad taste from the old lights though are still in MANY grower's mouths though so that's why Mars gets the crap they do but I love their lights and do very well with their lights. I use the TS series also.
Well, you see how my first grow is going. I also monitor my plants like they are newborn babies, too. Not sure if it's my energy or theirs or both of ours, but there's a definite synergy involved with these plants. They are very vocal about their needs. It's pretty cool.

We humans are a funny lot. Something goes wrong, we throw our arms up in the air...someone makes improvements based on errors of the past, we throw our arms up in the air. Haha! Not making light, especially if there were injuries involved, but you can't resist and enforce change at the same time, otherwise you just end up frustrated and sad.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Well, you see how my first grow is going. I also monitor my plants like they are newborn babies, too. Not sure if it's my energy or theirs or both of ours, but there's a definite synergy involved with these plants. They are very vocal about their needs. It's pretty cool.

We humans are a funny lot. Something goes wrong, we throw our arms up in the air...someone makes improvements based on errors of the past, we throw our arms up in the air. Haha! Not making light, especially if there were injuries involved, but you can't resist and enforce change at the same time, otherwise you just end up frustrated and sad.
We will get you the SP-250. You will NEED it at some point in this grow. You are also running a clean journal. That 250 is as good as yours.

Top Bottom