Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
detroiit

detroiit

Same man! Now just trying to figure out if my heat sink/drive suppose to be that hot to touch. Welp lol 🤓

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Same man! Now just trying to figure out if my heat sink/drive suppose to be that hot to touch. Welp lol 🤓

Mine both get pretty warm, although I can hold onto it for more than 10 seconds. It is a bit uncomfortable but no burnt skin. Mine are all 240w kingbrite boards with the drivers located outside of the tent.

Oaks05

Oaks05

I have the kingbrite 480w with the uv and ir, most places I been reading they say to use the uv/ir in flower only can anyone speak on this? When I switch those lights off it goes down to 384w light with no reds/uv/ir I’m still in veg just curious on people’s thoughts on this.

detroiit

detroiit

Mine both get pretty warm, although I can hold onto it for more than 10 seconds. It is a bit uncomfortable but no burnt skin. Mine are all 240w kingbrite boards with the drivers located outside of the tent.

So mine are 480 so obviously double and mounted right on top. But how is the temp from the driver transferring to heat sink that hot? I do have them cranked all the way.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So mine are 480 so obviously double and mounted right on top. But how is the temp from the driver transferring to heat sink that hot? I do have them cranked all the way.

Do you have a touch-less infrared thermometer? How hot is it actually getting?

I agree that the driver heat should not be absorbed by the heatsink directly. Are all 4 panels mounted on a single heatsink.

detroiit

detroiit

I do have one laying around I been looking for damnit. Yes all 4 panels are mounted directly, do those generate heat that hot to heat up sink too? Still concerning to hot to touch.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I do have one laying around I been looking for damnit. Yes all 4 panels are mounted directly, do those generate heat that hot to heat up sink too? Still concerning to hot to touch.
I suppose it's possible.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have the kingbrite 480w with the uv and ir, most places I been reading they say to use the uv/ir in flower only can anyone speak on this? When I switch those lights off it goes down to 384w light with no reds/uv/ir I’m still in veg just curious on people’s thoughts on this.

It's normal for that particular board. It gives you a veg and flower mode. You can run without the reds/uv/ir in veg and save a bit of energy. Then once you're flowering, turn the red/uv/ir on. I like that feature. It's one my boards don't have.

Oaks05

Oaks05

It's normal for that particular board. It gives you a veg and flower mode. You can run without the reds/uv/ir in veg and save a bit of energy. Then once you're flowering, turn the red/uv/ir on. I like that feature. It's one my boards don't have.
Appreciate the reply I’m turning my garage into a grow room, have a veg room and flower room realized after I ordered half my lights that the lights I been ordering have the Uv and ir, so I decided that the last of the lights I ordered not have the uv/ir because it will run at 450w without the uv/ir on the board, because when u turn those lights off the board that have the uv/ir is only running 384w, guess my question is I have more of the uv/ir lights, in veg mode will those 384w lights be ok to run over the non the Uv/ir lights that run at 450w(heard not as much light is needed in veg) cause I want more watts in the flower room, I heard u can only run the uv/ir for a few weeks in flower trying to figure where to put which lights where. Sorry if that’s difficult to understand.

basscaptain

basscaptain

yes the driver's run hot......light are warm too but you need to keep the driver's off the heat sinks... put them on a 10 ft wire and move them.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

Appreciate the reply I’m turning my garage into a grow room, have a veg room and flower room realized after I ordered half my lights that the lights I been ordering have the Uv and ir, so I decided that the last of the lights I ordered not have the uv/ir because it will run at 450w without the uv/ir on the board, because when u turn those lights off the board that have the uv/ir is only running 384w, guess my question is I have more of the uv/ir lights, in veg mode will those 384w lights be ok to run over the non the Uv/ir lights that run at 450w(heard not as much light is needed in veg) cause I want more watts in the flower room, I heard u can only run the uv/ir for a few weeks in flower trying to figure where to put which lights where. Sorry if that’s difficult to understand.
of you can run a reg qb them a swicth qb then a reg that's what I would do...... also run the qb swicthed on in flower after a few days. 1st few go2hr s or so in the morning and night...... then after a few days/wek just leave them on.....................

basscaptain

basscaptain

Hey guys. I think I have narrowed down my decision for lights. Going to buy 2 of them for a 4x8. It's either going to be one of the two lights I've posted below. It's only a $20 USD difference for me but I'm undecided. If it were you would you get the one with the UV & IR or not? I'm going to be vegging and flowering 8 plants under the same lights in the same tent (scrog). Also what would you go with as far as Kelvins (Emitting Color) for a seed to finish grow? Thanks for any and all input.

KINGBRITE 480W QUANTUM LED BOARD QB288 V3 LM301H UV IR
or
KINGBRITE 480W HLG 550 V3 SAMSUNG LM301H 2700K/3000K/3500K/4000K
3500k in either..... I would get #1 if it was me....

detroiit

detroiit

@basscaptain I wasnt planning on moving the drivers, what if I wanted to leave them on the hot sinks should they still not be that hot to touch like aafter ~5 seconds gotta take hand off. Maybe cut back a little on the current and/or voltage?

basscaptain

basscaptain

@basscaptain I wasnt planning on moving the drivers, what if I wanted to leave them on the hot sinks should they still not be that hot to touch like aafter ~5 seconds gotta take hand off. Maybe cut back a little on the current and/or voltage?
mine were like that the 1st night when I had them togther.....
If you don't went them hot put a fan on them or move them a little.....

of If was going to leave my driver on the heat sink I would get longer screws and a 1inch spacer for sure........but that's me....

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If you are able to find your infrared thermometer, post the readings and we will check it against Meanwell's operating temp specs. That would tell you if it's within parameters without any extra guess work.

Happy Easter all ...

basscaptain

basscaptain

O said that when I 1st got mine...... I had Vicky on this but never stayed on them cause I mived mine.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

take a 1/4" copper tube cut it to 2 " pices and get 2.5"screws and your done.....

I told Vicky they need to do this as a option...... it wouldn't cost them but pinnies

Top Bottom