Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Formallyhap

Formallyhap

look on ebay at the people selling lights with custom pcbs out of china, they are manufacturers and a lot of them will make custom PCBs for a lot cheaper than I thought it would cost.
I have only done it with ebay, probably do the same thing on alibaba and whatever else.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

ETL ratings and UL ratings are synonymous. They are both recognized testing laboratories. So if you have ul ratings, you dont need ETL and same in reverse.
If thats the case then could the components be UL tested but not the finished assembled product? I guess a better question would be what is the danger of using the end product, especially if coming from a respected manufacturer (I assume) like HLG. At a $300 discount it seems a no brainer, if the ETL is just to meet "code" for some city, county, state inspector to sign off on. I worked a lot of construction and have seen where "code" and practical and safe may not be the exact same thing. I am not arguing for or against, just trying to get some knowledge before I purchase anything.

BigCube

BigCube

look on ebay at the people selling lights with custom pcbs out of china, they are manufacturers and a lot of them will make custom PCBs for a lot cheaper than I thought it would cost.
I have only done it with ebay, probably do the same thing on alibaba and whatever else.

Yeah, but a new kingbrite board, fully populated with lm301b's masked, terminals on. Is like 30 bucks...

BigCube

BigCube

If thats the case then could the components be UL tested but not the finished assembled product? I guess a better question would be what is the danger of using the end product, especially if coming from a respected manufacturer (I assume) like HLG. At a $300 discount it seems a no brainer, if the ETL is just to meet "code" for some city, county, state inspector to sign off on. I worked a lot of construction and have seen where "code" and practical and safe may not be the exact same thing. I am not arguing for or against, just trying to get some knowledge before I purchase anything.

Look it up. UL and ETL have the same standards. They are equivalent. ETL is no more "just to meet "code" for some city, county, state inspector to sign off on." Than UL is.

No, if all the components are ETL or UL rated, the entirety is not also rated. It has to be rated as a separate item.

It would be more likely to pass UL or ETL rating if all the components are already rated. As long as the final product took in to account all the specs of the individual components.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi sorry for jumping in on this but I have a 10 x 5 area was thinking of getting x2 600w kingbrite quantum boards, but have stumbled across these strip style lights wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which would be a better option for my space.

I dont have experience yet but i think these strips are the way im going when i upgrade. It is said they can get closer than a foot to the canopy with excellent light distribution.

Number9uk

Number9uk

Cheers man They look the shizzle the ppfd chart they provide in a 4 x 4 makes for very good reading just ain't seen anyone using them their QB'S seem pretty tried and tested.

basscaptain

basscaptain

you will get them and I hope your dealing with Vicky....................................

basscaptain

basscaptain

at this point with everything going on in the world with this viris.. it may take a extra day or 2 I'm sure things are now getting back up......

this has Nothing to do with there CS our shipping they did there job....... this is on customs and life at this point......

Right now I wouldn't even buy from them cause I would be worried about just my stuff and what on it.......

Odiesel

Odiesel

Research! But I think they just copied HLG QB style light🙃
Wow, Mars Hydro also will launch some new lights in the next second half-year. Hope they can catch up on our steps😂
Oh man why cant it already be 2nd half of this year. I want to get something from you but waiting for improved lights. So might have to settle for something off alibaba for now

Moshmen

Moshmen

at this point with everything going on in the world with this viris.. it may take a extra day or 2 I'm sure things are now getting back up......

this has Nothing to do with there CS our shipping they did there job....... this is on customs and life at this point......

Right now I wouldn't even buy from them cause I would be worried about just my stuff and what on it.......
I’ve delayed my purchase because of shipping delays

Top Bottom