Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
detroiit

detroiit

Maybe I’ll start a thread and see what’s the scoop. You know what’s craZy I was thinking...HLG sells the 480w RSpec using the same flat metal board I got and it’s directly making contact. Those must be getting super hot too then I’d assume.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Maybe I’ll start a thread and see what’s the scoop. You know what’s craZy I was thinking...HLG sells the 480w RSpec using the same flat metal board I got and it’s directly making contact. Those must be getting super hot too then I’d assume.
It's not a great design for cooling, that is for sure. I'm actualy surprised to see it. It's probably not getting hot enough to melt down the solder inside the LED as it's likely rated to 180 C but that extra heat is still in the grow area. Also, the hotter chips could possibly have a shorter working life.

Montdonut

Montdonut

Sorry to hijack a thread,
Brand new to growing, and this forum.
Looking at upgrading my lights. Been looking at Kingbrite and Ecofarm.
I am in Canada. At this time of writing, Kingbrite is more expensive than Ecofarm, because of Duties mostly. difference is potentially 80$

Is this worth the difference? Par values are slightly lower with Ecofarm, but I believe Ecofarm is a new labelled Kingbrite V2.
So I would be curious on opinions? I am about to pull the trigger on one.

willowbug

willowbug

I could use some newbie help. I have Mars Hydro TS 1000 on the way I was thinking of using as a 2x2 veg. I want a king bright for 2x3 flower space.

I'm super confused by all the options and would love some hand holding. Sounds like I def want UV and IR. Can someone send me the link I want to click buy now on.

I'm planning on doing 2 autos at a time. 3 or 5 gallon buckets.

Thank you!

detroiit

detroiit

@willowbug go to alibaba search up kingbrite and select one of there 240 models for a 2x3 if you want the uv and ir they have it for an upcharge and since your getting one just roll with it. They do their builds well and delivery is quick.

detroiit

detroiit

@Montdonut yes kingbrite I agree is better I spent tons of hours on research with who to choose. Save yourself the headache roll with them.

detroiit

detroiit

@basscaptain @MIGrampaUSA i got the heat gun and the results are in at:

141 on the quantum board/diode side
126-130 the heat sink on top
142 side of driver and 130 on top of driver.

Full output current and temps are in Fahrenheit. What are you guys numbers and specifically what is your temp on the Heatsink. I want to know if it’s significantly lower before I go on a treasure hunt for a new Heatsink with Vicky lol.

willowbug

willowbug

@willowbug go to alibaba search up kingbrite and select one of there 240 models for a 2x3 if you want the uv and ir they have it for an upcharge and since your getting one just roll with it. They do their builds well and delivery is quick.

Can you help me choose between these 2 I know I want IR and UV and cree. IS there any difference here? Thanks!

Montdonut

Montdonut

@detroiit
You think Kingbrite V3 is worth 40$ more than Kingbrite V2?
If you look at Ecofarm, I believe it still comes from China, just locally sourced. I dont mind alibaba, just trying to get best bang for my buck.
Ecofarm lights = 340 cdn all in
Kingbrite = 340 cdn before duties
I plan on going ALL white, and supplementing Red Leds during Flower.

Sanderman68

Sanderman68

Full output current and temps are in Fahrenheit. What are you guys numbers and specifically what is your temp on the Heatsink. I want to know if it’s significantly lower before I go on a treasure hunt for a new Heatsink with Vicky lol.
Not led but 103. 107 deg on my 630 cmh ballast and reflector

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Nothing is over-heating. It's just hotter than you expected. Mine is running about 120F on the heatsink side. Drivers are mounted outside the tent and hard to get to

detroiit

detroiit

Nothing is over-heating. It's just hotter than you expected. Mine is running about 120F on the heatsink side. Drivers are mounted outside the tent and hard to get to
So your fin heatsink only about 6-10degrees cooler and only 1 board on it, so we kind of same ballpark then...shit your hand can last on 120? I started all this because my hand wasnt lasting on heatsink at 126 for longer than 6 seconds man, who are you? lol

detroiit

detroiit

@detroiit
You think Kingbrite V3 is worth 40$ more than Kingbrite V2?
If you look at Ecofarm, I believe it still comes from China, just locally sourced. I dont mind alibaba, just trying to get best bang for my buck.
Ecofarm lights = 340 cdn all in
Kingbrite = 340 cdn before duties
I plan on going ALL white, and supplementing Red Leds during Flower.
The v3 has the lm301h ...i ended up going with some say that they are exact same as lm301b and just new market strategy...I went with it anyway the v3 because I just rather have the newest I suppose smh. I'm not feeling the eco farm company. IMO of course.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So your fin heatsink only about 6-10degrees cooler and only 1 board on it, so we kind of same ballpark then...shit your hand can last on 120? I started all this because my hand wasnt lasting on heatsink at 126 for longer than 6 seconds man, who are you? lol
I guess I've handled a lot of hot stuff in my life. My tap water is set at 125 F. It's hot but doesn't scald. I thought it was a pretty normal temp to handle. LOL.

willowbug

willowbug

Is there a difference between these 2 items?

Thank you!

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Is there a difference between these 2 items?

Thank you!
Those links do not work.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I could use some newbie help. I have Mars Hydro TS 1000 on the way I was thinking of using as a 2x2 veg. I want a king bright for 2x3 flower space.

I'm super confused by all the options and would love some hand holding. Sounds like I def want UV and IR. Can someone send me the link I want to click buy now on.

I'm planning on doing 2 autos at a time. 3 or 5 gallon buckets.

Thank you!
send that Mar's thing back before you open it up and just start over...... Right now.....>>>>>>

in the 3500k for your 2x3

3500K for your 2x3

for your2x2 3500K x 2

basscaptain

basscaptain

Buzz has a link for a light with cree led's I can't find my link but add it to the list for the 2x3 tent..........

Top Bottom