Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

Okay thanks for the tip will just quickly check how much the shipping will cost if I do it that way will definitely rather buy three unless they gonna charge me to much shipping

5 by 5 is the grow tent size yes Im just not to sure about like I said the light Intensity I need still new to indoor just been growing greenhouse so far is there somewhere I could maybe see your grow results of the light? :)

For sure. I got my first kingbrite quantum board about a year ago now.
Starting on page 10 or 11 of my diary.
You can see everything there including yield numbers and how I currently have it set up.

Realgrower420

Realgrower420

For sure. I got my first kingbrite quantum board about a year ago now.
Starting on page 10 or 11 of my diary.
You can see everything there including yield numbers and how I currently have it set up.

Okay thank and which one is the best

BigCube

BigCube

Hump

Hump

So without spending 10 more hours reading through all 55 pages, can someone tell me are you referred to just 730nm and UV when your stating they don't last 1/3 as long as white diodes or would you also classify 660nm in that regard too?

I have a kingbrite 3500k with cree 660/730 and LG 395 UV, however recently have been thinking it would've been nice to have control over the different spectrums with an app so I don't have to be physcially present to flip the IR and UV switch. (I'm aware the UVA is kind of pointless and would be much better to get a florescent UVA/UVB) Then I realized it would be nice if a company could make the light push all the wattage to one spectrum if you dimmed the others per say. Theres one light on the market that can do this at about 1400 bucks though.

But I'm still interested in your guys answer to 660nm diodes dying well before white, or is it just 730 and UV?

BigCube

BigCube

So without spending 10 more hours reading through all 55 pages, can someone tell me are you referred to just 730nm and UV when your stating they don't last 1/3 as long as white diodes or would you also classify 660nm in that regard too?

I have a kingbrite 3500k with cree 660/730 and LG 395 UV, however recently have been thinking it would've been nice to have control over the different spectrums with an app so I don't have to be physcially present to flip the IR and UV switch. (I'm aware the UVA is kind of pointless and would be much better to get a florescent UVA/UVB) Then I realized it would be nice if a company could make the light push all the wattage to one spectrum if you dimmed the others per say. Theres one light on the market that can do this at about 1400 bucks though.

But I'm still interested in your guys answer to 660nm diodes dying well before white, or is it just 730 and UV?

That is for IR an UV. I believe 660nm are the around the average 50000 hours.

I just use supplemental red/ir/uvb
I only use red for the last 6 weeks of flower, and I only use uvb for the last 2 weeks. Being able to run them on separate times and not lose wattage from my lm301's is the main reason I supplement instead of buying a fixture with them.

thebum

thebum

Anybody tried the new models ? They are labeled as Kingbrite but the Alibaba vendor is now Shenzhen Index Lighting Co. Vicky said it is still their product, same people. They have new cree xp-g2 instead of xp-e2. Although the product description says xp-e2. I will ask about that too. Here's a link for one:

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

As much as I really wanted to try this new bar style light, the pricing isn't economical. Ending up going with 320W quantum board with Samsung + Cree leds and a bloom strip for flower. Also got a 240W quantum board for my seedling/clone area. Just can't beat that $119 price tag!

BigCube

BigCube

As much as I really wanted to try this new bar style light, the pricing isn't economical. Ending up going with 320W quantum board with Samsung + Cree leds and a bloom strip for flower. Also got a 240W quantum board for my seedling/clone area. Just can't beat that $119 price tag!

They are essentially the same light, spread out over a larger footprint. So probably better light distribution, but not sure if it's worth the extra coin.

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

Same config, meanwell, and Samsung leds for half the cost, same watts: https://m.alibaba.com/product/62447021100/Samsung-LM301H-301B-600w-800w-Spider.html

I looked at these and some things I didn't like:
- only 3 leds per row vs.4 on the kingbrites
- bad menu choices (can't specifically choose h or b leds)
- price is too low, something doesn't add up

If there's one thing I've learned using led the past few years is if the price is too low, the plants just don't grow! the Kingbrite 240W QB board seems to be the exception in "value based" led boards. Of all the grow journals and youtube videos I've watched, these seem hard to beat for the price. And ultimately that's why I opted for a well reviewed manufacturer and product. Fingers crossed. Starting a winter run as soon as they lights arrive :)

odirt

odirt

I’m happy with the 12, 240 spread out over 12x8. Just cut today hanging waiting on final weight. Want to get more kingbrite actually thinking of the bar style only because all wiring and fab I had to do with the 240.

Conky

Conky

When do Kingbrite do their black friday sales? On chinese black friday which is tomorrow or on our black friday? I need a few more lights.

RonS

RonS

When do Kingbrite do their black friday sales? On chinese black friday which is tomorrow or on our black friday? I need a few more lights.

China's big shopping day is Wednesday ... in China. It's known as Singles Day

Are you in China?

Conky

Conky

No i'm not . You think we'll find deals on alibaba on that day? I'm trying to shop for great black friday deals on their 240w to order a bunch.

odirt

odirt

I already ask Vicky and she said Alibaba.com does discount not kingbrite. She also said since I’ve made few purchases in past next order she would give me discount.

chiguy

chiguy

Yo odirt, that room is HEAVY! Great job man. I hope my run ends up like that. Did you rock the 240's at 100%? And how far from canopy did you keep them?

odirt

odirt

Godspeed help me out big I copy his layout just less lights per 4x4. Yes I ran them at 100% think if I added more 240 I’d dim down. Roughly 16-18 inches

Top Bottom