L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenscholar

greenscholar

heat off the diodes yes, but still producing the same amount of heat.

greenscholar

greenscholar

It’s not logic a watt produces 3.41 btus. You can’t change this. 600 watt hps or 600 led produces the same heat.

mancorn

mancorn

I will build you a golden house:)
Made of marijuana leaves and hang led lights outside instead of the sun!!

Shit, they’ve already make TV’s and vans out of weed. Saw it on TV a couple weeks ago - some guy named Marin and his buddy Donny (or Tommy, something like that, can’t remember all the details).

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Its a learning cure for sure. With HID you know right away if the light is too close. Led you dont know until you damage the plant. That's my experience so far. Also having to switch back to HPS when it gets cold like now. Its either use an extra 150w light and stay warm or use a 1000w space heater to stay warm
But the heater is only on for 1/19 of the time and you can have more control over the temps.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
@greenscholar
I 100% disagree. Maybe I don't understand your argument but some LEDs are double as efficient as HPS. Even of the same diode, running 10 diodes/watt produces less heat than 5 diodes/watt.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I had to read this a few times until the light came on in my brain. LEDs at 600 real watts is the same as HPS at 600 real watts?
I don't understand either. This makes no sense.

greenscholar

greenscholar

lol. Yes real watts. Of course they are more efficient. That why we use LEDs

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
My bad, I misread it. I thought you were referring to heat.

Edit: I'm all over the place. You are referring to heat.

Anthem

Anthem

It’s not logic a watt produces 3.41 btus. You can’t change this. 600 watt hps or 600 led produces the same heat.
I do not have a mechanical engineering degree, but I do know that HPS puts off substantially more heat per watt than LED.

Top Bottom