L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Arwood

Arwood

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

This site does a decent job of showing how wattage =/= heat output. http://reptileuvinfo.com/html/watts-heat-lights-lamp-heat-output.html

Different types of bulbs showing different temps. The site does say that not every bulb was true to its wattage, but it's pretty pretty obvious from their measurements that different technologies produced different temperatures
Totally unrelated sport or hobbie but the bowfishing world is loving the bringing about of led bulbs over hps for multiple reasons the heat being one of the top reasons being used. So yeah hps definitely has a higher heat signature than led

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

bowfishing leds is actually what led me to the grow lights of alibaba and shit tons of savings on bowfishing gear in general

Anthem

Anthem

It’s not logic a watt produces 3.41 btus. You can’t change this. 600 watt hps or 600 led produces the same heat.
This is exactly what heat load calculators state. 1 watt = 3.41 btu's.
@Dirtbag, do you think a 600 watt HPS can be cooled with 3000 BTU's?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Changing the subject a little bit but I'll still discuss efficiency.

Looking at this graph of lm301b (the most popular diode in LED grow lights at the moment), wouldn't it be worth putting our LEDs in a fan cooled hood? A 100 cfm fan is 15w so to make this worth the watts, we would need to use 1 fan per 300w light if it reduces the light temp from 60c-30c. Does this make sense to anyone?

Anthem

Anthem

Changing the subject a little bit but I'll still discuss efficiency.

View attachment 1091505

Looking at this graph of lm301b (the most popular diode in LED grow lights at the moment), wouldn't it be worth putting our LEDs in a fan cooled hood? A 100 cfm fan is 15w so to make this worth the watts, we would need to use 1 fan per 300w light if it reduces the light temp from 60c-30c. Does this make sense to anyone?
All the old purples had fans FWIW

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

We are all in this together, there is absolutely no reason to disparage anyone, there plants, or there set up, we all do the best we can with what we have available, try and help your fellow growers, people think cannabis is easy to grow bc it is a weed, the person who taught me allways said cannabis is the eayest plant to grow but one of the hardest to grow correctly and i grow African violets now thats hard, so if you cant help someone with friendly advice dont be mean, there is to much meanness in this world allready.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Holy moly. The ratio of mid to large grows vs. tent grows sure has flipped on this site. Seems like everybody's in a tent.
Tents are the most common.
and what better way to show legal hobby grows.
Not if you need to run a heater 🤣
with this arctic air I have never missed my HPS more. Was considering digging them out of the shop. 😂

Top Bottom