L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Listen all im saying is when you say it "runs cooler than my hps or my cmh" of course it does if your using less watts at the wall. Maybe this link will help you all. https://pllight.com/how-led-and-hps-lighting-can-affect-air-and-leaf-temperature/

Atwood what you posted is useless think of the bulbs as a magnifying glass. Same wattage just focusing the light differently.
Even with a magnifying glass, the exact same amount of light and heat is produced. When the light hits something, the light is converted into heat unless the object is a plant.

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Holy moly. The ratio of mid to large grows vs. tent grows sure has flipped on this site. Seems like everybody's in a tent.
Tents are convenient for the legal hobby grower dealing with plant counts. In my state, every household can have up to 12 plants. It's nice that times have changed ...

3 balls

3 balls

Tents are convenient for the legal hobby grower dealing with plant counts. In my state, every household can have up to 12 plants. It's nice that times have changed ...
The more the merrier. Some very knowledgeable folks on here in a tent. It just struck my on this thread that this was the case. It also explains a lot of the debating I see, as some aspects make perfect sense for one scenario while being absurd in the other.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Shit, they’ve already make TV’s and vans out of weed. Saw it on TV a couple weeks ago - some guy named Marin and his buddy Donny (or Tommy, something like that, can’t remember all the details).
I have heard of such van made some years ago by tommy and mr. Marin, I believe when they built it they did it under led lights,
It was the beginning of a great relationship:)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is exactly what heat load calculators state. 1 watt = 3.41 btu's.
@Dirtbag, do you think a 600 watt HPS can be cooled with 3000 BTU's?
It should yea

Acording to the hortilux website this is how much cooling power is nedded for 600w HID
20210213 173859

And this is the cooling required for 600 actual watts of LED. LED is producing less heat for the same wattage.
20210213 173844

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

But the heater is only on for 1/19 of the time and you can have more control over the temps.
I have to run the heater now outside the closet in the dark cycle just to keep it 62f. It s on and off about 50-50 for 11hrs @ 1000w. If I run all led, the heater will have to run 24-7. Its really a no brainer for someone who already has both.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I have to run the heater now outside the closet in the dark cycle just to keep it 62f. It s on and off about 50-50 for 11hrs @ 1000w. If I run all led, the heater will have to run 24-7. Its really a no brainer for someone who already has both.
Is your tent outside or something?

SSgrower

SSgrower

The reflector series from Viparspectra have 2 fans on them, I just bought one & now it 34 degrees on my coastal bend of Texas, Dang, & I'm poppin 4 for a 4'x4'x80" Vipar tent. We can all get along and will, "All for cannabis & cannabis for all" hear,hear!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah some of the water could heat ainks are pretty awesome that I have looked at but I didnt know id thats just something new they are trying or if it works well itll be interesting to see

I dont have specific info. Just saw an article here or there somewhere.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The growstores in my area don't sell any Chinese lights. Their reason is warrenty and returns. Same thing with ph pens-blue lab only. The good thing is there prices are cheaper than internet on most things. $145 for an HLG 100w
Not a grow store within 100 miles of me 😢

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Honestly, in some circumstances, lower quality lights might be good. If you have low temps then the plants would benefit from both bottom heat (from heaters) and top heat from the lights. As long as they're not too hot that it hinders the lamp's ability to produce enough light.

Top Bottom