L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Its called PPFD......just put that in google play.
Any app based ppfd meter is just using math equations to convert lux to ppfd. You only have one kind of light sensor in your phone. 👍

The app will ask you what type of light you are using so it uses the proper formula to convert

I have a par meter I will check out how close it is 👍

growsince79

growsince79

seems @sshz has already proven this temp and humidity nonsense is well, nonsense. He out yields all of us with none of these parameters and a new high powered led at 100%. He grows old school just switched the light. And no additional co2 needed either in his traditionally vented room. Which i have always suspected. If he had my well water he wouldnt even need cal mag.

And on other sites the growers with the best results dont use vpd or extra heat either. Or complain of mag deficiencies.

Its why i argue that the plants are adaptable and vpd is not important at all. They have proven higher temperature grows faster but for quality out plants must be kept lower for quality. Its a balance it seems.

One grower on the other site has 15-20% rh in his colorado room. I wish i could grow his crop. These growers get 3 pounds per lamp.

@Ganggreen i dont believe any of your above post to be true. Sorry. They are just a more efficient grow light.

and the university of michigan proved that plants transfer photosynthesis to the most available spectrum years ago when they determined that intensity trumps spectrum and that spectrum is useful for shaping the growth of the plant but the most red light is needed for best growth and yield. Not balanced spectrum.

The info is all out there. Unfortunately the info on weed forums and in our industry is good and bad.
Agree on vpd. My seedlings are 20000k cfl with 77f and 24%rh. According to my pics, they are growing just as fast as seedlings grown at 77f and 60% rh.

growsince79

growsince79

and the university of michigan proved that plants transfer photosynthesis to the most available spectrum years ago when they determined that intensity trumps spectrum and that spectrum is useful for shaping the growth of the plant but the most red light is needed for best growth and yield. Not balanced sp
[/QUOTE]
That was also proved 45-50 years ago with standard cool and warm florescent shop lights vs blurple grow lux tubes.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This is a screen shot of the app and a pic of my meter in the same spot. Not exact but close enough to know you're in the ballpark. 👍

Screenshot 20210213 090533 PPFD Meter
20210213 090627

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

and the university of michigan proved that plants transfer photosynthesis to the most available spectrum years ago when they determined that intensity trumps spectrum and that spectrum is useful for shaping the growth of the plant but the most red light is needed for best growth and yield. Not balanced sp
That was also proved 45-50 years ago with standard cool and warm florescent shop lights vs blurple grow lux tubes.
But how would that matter if they proved spectrum doesn't play a role in growth... I think spectrum as you say plays a role in as you say the type of growth. But I'm betting like HPS vs MH it's not the red that gives better growth and yield its the efficacy difference... by that I mean an HPS actually puts out more light (photons per watt) than MH.

I'm dead on the VPD plenty of studies in many different agricultural and ornamental crops out there... there is a reason why ppl may or may not see results just not gonna try to figure why for each person or try to validate or discredit their observations

growsince79

growsince79

I knpw its hard to find things not made in China nowadays. But keep in mind, when you buy Chinese ANYTHING, you are funding the Chinese Peoples Liberation Amry. That means the biological warfare lab in Wuhan too.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I tried to catch up on this thread but it's just going too fast so I only made it about half way so sorry if someone's already covered this.
We talk a lot about sf but we never talk about viparspectra. Other than the fact that they're made in china and the lights don't have uv, I really don't see anything wrong with their full spectrum lights. I would honestly rather a viparspectra light than a hlg at right now. (I have a small tent so I can't say anything about the bigger lights.) They're the only small light to have actual heat sinks. They have a good number of diodes/w, they have good diode spacing, spectrum... And if anyone's curious if all that stuff makes a difference, I have an xs2000 and the diodes and driver hardly get warm.

I'm really curious why people don't use them.

Anthem

Anthem

I tried to catch up on this thread but it's just going too fast so I only made it about half way so sorry if someone's already covered this.
We talk a lot about sf but we never talk about viparspectra. Other than the fact that they're made in china and the lights don't have uv, I really don't see anything wrong with their full spectrum lights. I would honestly rather a viparspectra light than a hlg at right now. (I have a small tent so I can't say anything about the bigger lights.) They're the only small light to have actual heat sinks. They have a good number of diodes/w, they have good diode spacing, spectrum... And if anyone's curious if all that stuff makes a difference, I have an xs2000 and the diodes and driver hardly get warm.

What is the foot print of your tent?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Can a mod please clarify the no politics rules of this forum real quick for me?... because now we're talking about biological warfare labs in Wuhan and the CCP and I got a warning for having CNN on in the background in a pic of one of my plants. 🤷‍♂️ Just because 90% of us agree on the politics doesn't mean we are not talking about politics at this point. Just sayin. Can we keep the talk about growing and the lights?

growsince79

growsince79

Can a mod please clarify the no politics rules of this forum real quick for me?... because now we're talking about biological warfare labs in Wuhan and the CCP and I got a warning for having CNN on in the background in a pic of one of my plants. 🤷‍♂️ Just because 90% of us agree on the politics doesn't mean we are not talking about politics at this point. Just sayin. Can we keep the talk about growing and the lights?
Never said anything about polotics. I could care less who anyone votes for. I was simply pointing out company ownership. Sorry I hurt your feelings. You can buy North Korean Lights if you want. But you should at least know where your money goes.

30roll

30roll

VS is the shit.. I now have 4-XS2000's in a 4X8. The Heatsinks were the seller for me. They are beefy and well put together. I think the flat Light Boards on other brands look cheap.

I'm 2 weeks into 12/12 and the buds are showing!

IMG 20210212 191607797

growsince79

growsince79

Does anyone know what the most popular grow light bought and used in China is? I'm just guessing, but I'll bet 99% of all the lights made there are exported.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Most of these light companies are rip offs and CCP crap. The entire industry pisses me off to be honest.
Definitely why I'll be either diy of off branded from here on out the American made loyalty of the 80s is a huge part of the problem I'll take the Chinese stuff I'm a welder or 20+ years who's watched how qaulity as a whole has walked straight down the tubes. On the electronics side im a military trained and retired 94f aka night vision/computer detection repairer... Our Army is rocking 98% chinese tech. Why pay more for added stickers and the same warranty is where I'm at with it all. My current light got 2.2 grams a watt on its first grow seems like most growers should be using that math over any other to me.

Top Bottom