La Confidential Grow

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mandalaman

mandalaman

this was their response.
"You are absolutely fine my friend. Even more of a brain twister is the pH… she comes in around a 4.0. ;) No need to adjust either. The FOLIAR is loaded with carbohydrates and pre processed plant photosynthates, can be intimidating on a “numbers” scale persay, though It will not burn your canopy. There is no photosensitivity to it, as long as your not adding any 3rd party products or surfactants. HEAVY 16 is all on an organic acid scale, utilizing organic mineral acids which don’t read accurately until the mineralization process starts, hence why we advise monitoring pH when using HEAVY 16 rather than the traditional PPM scale."

I am going to use 1/2 strength next time to see.

Very interesting post! I notice the pH being way low when using Heavy 16 Foliar, and I always pH up to 5.5-6.0 before applying. Should I not be doing this?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I think its the camera. its my security camera so when Im away I can check on my ladies. lol
All the new growth is light light yellow but everything beneath is green and healthy. I did lollipop, top, supercrop them so hopefully i didnt stress them to much. And my fan fell on top of two and snapped a few branches.

once everything is filled im flipping. my buddy gave me 8 clones he said they were LA conf. we will soon see
Oh fuck iv done that myself a few times.one time inparticular a fan fell and some how a whole plant- a fairly small one-got pulled into the fan and got tied all around the fan.and it still lived!but it was pretty fucked looking wen I first removed it from around the fan but weed plants are tough as hell.
By the way I wasn't suggesting they weren't la con I just meant they look a bit lighter than the phenoes iv seen of la con but of course there's gonna b lighter phenoes in the line too.la con is usually pretty distinctive looking at the end of flowering-fairly short stocky dark wide leaf plants with rock hard nugs and plenty of resin.it also has leaves that feel kinda thick-I don't mean wide I mean the leaf itself is pretty thick and gnarly or atleast the la con phenoes iv seen looked like that.

jackwhite

jackwhite

Very interesting post! I notice the pH being way low when using Heavy 16 Foliar, and I always pH up to 5.5-6.0 before applying. Should I not be doing this?
also I used the same strentgth on the seedlings thats why It has that glossy residue is all the salt left over.

once I foliar spray with heavy 16 i wait 2-3 days and rinse them with R/O water before foliar spraying again with nutes a week later.. rinses off any left over salts left on the leafs clogging up the "stomatas " so next foliar feedin the plants leafs are nice and clean and ready to absorb some nutrientenal goodnesss

mandalaman

mandalaman

also I used the same strentgth on the seedlings thats why It has that glossy residue is all the salt left over.

once I foliar spray with heavy 16 i wait 2-3 days and rinse them with R/O water before foliar spraying again with nutes a week later.. rinses off any left over salts left on the leafs clogging up the "stomatas " so next foliar feedin the plants leafs are nice and clean and ready to absorb some nutrientenal goodnesss
Interesting I remember reading not to be concerned with residue on leaves and as such I haven't been. Did Heavy recommend this practice?

jackwhite

jackwhite

So then would it be problematic to pH up to 5.5 prior to application or is it just unnecessary?
just unecessary. i did cut back on the strength to 20ml/qrt.. next time im starting at 10ml/qrt on these seedlings and work my way up to 30ml/qrt.. they recommend 40ml/qrt and i tried it and some leafs fried up..BUT to be fair im growing with some new Spydrx Plus led lights and that could have been as well vs nute burn.

jackwhite

jackwhite

Interesting I remember reading not to be concerned with residue on leaves and as such I haven't been. Did Heavy recommend this practice?
No they did not, i just noticed the salt build up on the leafs as well as on anything else that was sprayed. my buckects and tubing have pure salt on them.. I got curious and looked into the books I have about plant/cannabis growing and recommended a purevwater foliar spray to rinse off any left over nute salts on your leafs because it clogs the stomatas up, so by "rinsing" the plants you are also eliminating dust, debries, and the salt residues thats left on the plants. like bathing off the dirt

jackwhite

jackwhite

the authors recommended this to be done first thing in the am if growing outside or 15-30mins before lights turn on with good air circulation as well into the first 4 weeks into flower and same directions. They did not revommend to foliar spray late bloom unless you are a "Master grower" and know exactky what you are doing and are able to keep an exact humidity <40% late bloom

Rinsing off late bloom gets rid off any dust, debries etc BUT you might risk getting mold if humidity gets out of hand with bad air circulation, etc

jackwhite

jackwhite

the authors recommended this to be done first thing in the am if growing outside or 15-30mins before lights turn on with good air circulation as well into the first 4 weeks into flower and same directions. They did not revommend to foliar spray late bloom unless you are a "Master grower" and know exactky what you are doing and are able to keep an exact humidity <40% late bloom

Rinsing off late bloom gets rid off any dust, debries etc BUT you might risk getting mold if humidity gets out of hand with bad air circulation, etc
if you were growing outside you will have rainy days late bloom it simulates nature i guess

mandalaman

mandalaman

just unecessary. i did cut back on the strength to 20ml/qrt.. next time im starting at 10ml/qrt on these seedlings and work my way up to 30ml/qrt.. they recommend 40ml/qrt and i tried it and some leafs fried up..BUT to be fair im growing with some new Spydrx Plus led lights and that could have been as well vs nute burn.
Sounds good. Thanks! How are you liking those fluence? I've been all over the place on what light to get next and I was looking at their smaller one (400w I think). If the price lowers a bit more I'm seriously considering. They use their own LED COB right? It's not Cree components if I remember correctly. Would you recommend the light or not enough time with them yet?

mandalaman

mandalaman

Makes sense. I was going off of the label : http://www.heavy16.com/product/heavy-16-veg-b-2-2-2-2/
"An Oily Sheen on leaves is normal..."

The funny part is it mentions the pH directly after that. Doh!

jackwhite

jackwhite

Sounds good. Thanks! How are you liking those fluence? I've been all over the place on what light to get next and I was looking at their smaller one (400w I think). If the price lowers a bit more I'm seriously considering. They use their own LED COB right? It's not Cree components if I remember correctly. Would you recommend the light or not enough time with them yet?
So far so good with them. I picked them because of their balanced color spectrum. as well as the studies they have and they have answered all my nerdy questions with studies. my personal background is in Biology and I had to take 2 semesters of graduate level Botany classes as a requirement for my degree. I took a good year before deciding on these lights. But time will tell when the see the end result. Im also going to supplement with UVB final 2weeks. you can have a Perfect grow from start to finish But if you have bad genetics it will still be mid to low grade medicine. Im goin to send my nugs to be tested for thc % and cannabinoid profile.

jackwhite

jackwhite

I filled up my RDWC 45 gallon hydro system on Dec 8 and today I did my last 5gallon top off. thats 21 days without a reservoir change! I used to change reservoir every 7-10days as the company recommended and EVERY nute company recommends. I tried to see what would happen if I just change reservoir after I reach 40gallons of top off water and so far NO issues

Depending on how the plants looked I would sometimes add nutes to the water before adding it to my reservoir.

jackwhite

jackwhite

didnt realize how much of a heavy feeder LA Conf is! def having some nitrogen def. on all the new growth. i will say all the lower leaves below the new growth is green.

I just topped off with pre mix nutes added more nitrogen. 2nd day into flower after being left in 24hrs of darkness.

CHEERS!!!

IMG 2430
Top Bottom