landlord issues

• Thread starter ghost79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ghost79

ghost79

:eek: what do most of you guys do when it comes to landlord issues? I was just wondering what precautions do you take in deciding which landlord to pick and so on?

Reactions: DAT
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

are we talking legal state non legal state are you talkin wanting to build mini ramps in the backyard or have her walk in on 30 XXL mags in the basement?

post was a little vague.....

me for a landlord? my precaution is make sure they arent a cunt, and at least a little down to earth.

ghost79

ghost79

are we talking legal state non legal state are you talkin wanting to build mini ramps in the backyard or have her walk in on 30 XXL mags in the basement?

post was a little vague.....

me for a landlord? my precaution is make sure they arent a cunt, and at least a little down to earth.
Sorry for being vague! I'm in a non-lagal state and was thinking about renting out a house w/ a full basement. I know that getting alandlord that lives a few hours away from you is really good, but what else? Like do you prefer a man/couple/woman renting it out to you? A specific age range, probably the older the better, right? Do u see what I'm getting at....?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yeah i see where you're going..

wish i could be of more help bro!

best of luck, but too many variables i cant give you opinions on shit that is sketch. LOL.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Look for a house that is run by a management property and read up on your rights as a tenant.
im sorry but that is the absolute LAST thing i would recommend you do.

management companies work ON THE CLOCK. they work 9-5 for your rent money. when you need filters, they will be there to put them in. if someone says ANYTHING, they will be there to ask. remember someone not guilty will have no reason to NOT invite them in to look around.

if you're going to rent, do it from a private owner, thats only 1 person not a company of people constantly around, its a lot easier to keep 1 person in the loop and not curious opposed to 12 managers on salary trips.

find a landlord that is renting their "vacation home" or a house that they dont live near. find a landlord in a different state that just expects a check in the mail.

BUT DO NOT, DO A MANAGEMENT COMPANY. i swear that will be your worst mistake.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

im sorry but that is the absolute LAST thing i would recommend you do.

management companies work ON THE CLOCK. they work 9-5 for your rent money. when you need filters, they will be there to put them in. if someone says ANYTHING, they will be there to ask. remember someone not guilty will have no reason to NOT invite them in to look around.

if you're going to rent, do it from a private owner, thats only 1 person not a company of people constantly around, its a lot easier to keep 1 person in the loop and not curious opposed to 12 managers on salary trips.

find a landlord that is renting their "vacation home" or a house that they dont live near. find a landlord in a different state that just expects a check in the mail.

BUT DO NOT, DO A MANAGEMENT COMPANY. i swear that will be your worst mistake.

This method has allowed me to succeed without any issues, can you speak from experience?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
if you mean, experience like assault rifles in my face while i was in boxers making coffee at 8 am.

then yes, i do speak from experience.
yep woulda pooped my pants....i had assault riffles on me once and two glocks in my face..then got strong armed..
they tought i was robbing the place cause i was wearing a blue hoodie and a camo hat

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

lol, you guys live in Ca? I've never heard of people getting raided like that around here.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
the guy at the store was feeling pretty bad while i had my cash in hand, two hot girls with me..and half of the police force right outside the door, guns drawn ready to shoot my ass

sun

sun

Its good if you can rent from an obvious smoker.Dont discus growing with any land lord ever.In cali your landlord can get in trouble for your grow , ther beter off not knowing .In oregon a medical grow isnt the landlords buisness.In the us you get 24 hours before they can come in , its your right .

purpleberry

purpleberry

Find a place for rent by owner that is a little ran down and may need a few fixes before you even move in, This will mean the guy doesnt want to fix anything. Pay rent in cash on time every month and dont say anything about things that need fixed. The guy will love you and leave you alone.

fractal

fractal

One benefit to not being in a med state is that growers aren't something landlords have on their radar. These days every rental on the west coast is on the lookout for growers, probably colorado is the same way. Oklahoma, indiana, new york etc. . . Probably not something that even crosses their mind unless you have dreads, a bob marley shirt and bloodsht eyes when you show up. I would think the main thing you want is distance. Between the property and where your landlord lives. If they're within an hour away you're going to be seeing them more often compared to further away. Second, or maybe tied for first actually is religious nuts. You definitely don't want Jesus freaks controlling your life in any way like the place you live. They will make your life hell in the mistake belief they are trying to save you. Third, neighbors. If I were in a non legal state I wouldn't want to be within sight of any neighbors I'd be way out in the country on a farm with some animals to be my cover. Set up some beehives and sell honey and goat milk on the side or something. I would be sketched out renting from someone who seems like they are in on their own game, whether they look like stoners or cokeheads. If they are into drugs or anything they will eventually want a cut of what you have as a thank you for letting you rent their place. Too many stories I heard in the triangle of landlords thinking they were entitled to an extra thousand a month, 20% of harvests or more when the shit wasn't even illegal. If it's illegal they can blackmail you hardcore, definitely I wouldn't risk that.

sky_blue

sky_blue

Choose a state that will give you the least amount of jail time. That way, if it goes south, you won't be doing 50 years.

Top Bottom