Learning How To Think Different

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Autos trigger because of the rudearlis gene that is in the plant strain. They take a regular strain like Afghan Kush and put 10% or more of ruderalis genetics in the plant. Ruderalis is a hemp plant that grows in northern russia. The period of time it can grow a flower is very short so nature fixed it so it goes to flower at week 3 to 5 ish. And that is why they do the flip. I run them 18-6 or 20-4 from start to finish. They have always gone to flower week 4 to 6 from seedling.

The light makes it a lot easier to check on them :). And light leaks do not matter with these. Some photo period strains are also crossed with a bit of ruderalis generally to reduce the flower time a couple of weeks from what I can figure out.

:party1:

justiceman

justiceman

Autos trigger because of the rudearlis gene that is in the plant strain. They take a regular strain like Afghan Kush and put 10% or more of ruderalis genetics in the plant. Ruderalis is a hemp plant that grows in northern russia. The period of time it can grow a flower is very short so nature fixed it so it goes to flower at week 3 to 5 ish. And that is why they do the flip. I run them 18-6 or 20-4 from start to finish. They have always gone to flower week 4 to 6 from seedling.

The light makes it a lot easier to check on them :). And light leaks do not matter with these. Some photo period strains are also crossed with a bit of ruderalis generally to reduce the flower time a couple of weeks from what I can figure out.

:party1:
Excellent summary!

The Think Fast is one of those photo period strains with just a bit of ruderalis so that it flowers faster. Definitely interested in checking it out for fun if I end up liking these Think Different flowers which I think I will. :D

justiceman

justiceman

Day 52

Little TD says hi:cool:

This is her top.
IMG 9849
IMG 9850

incogneato

incogneato

I'm pretty impressed with the performance of these t5's for flower so far. @rmoltis already proved they work very well, but it's nice to see it up close and personal too. Can't wait to see how they look closer to harvest. Supposedly about 25ish days left or roughly 4 weeks till chop.
I want to use mine at some point to see how it does. Ive seen great results from them

justiceman

justiceman

Thank you good sir. Hoping good equipment can make up for lack of experience lmao! 648w 12 tube. Pretty legit t5
"lack of exp" Ya right look at yuh girl splifs straw and those starfighter x longbottoms!:p Not just anyone can produce fire like that brotha! That t5 is beyond legit. Can't wait to see it in action in the future.

I always like to think a good grower is not one that doesn't make mistakes. It's one that can make them and act accordingly afterwards instead of crashing and burning to the ground. Anybody can follow a feed chart and luck out, not everybody can run into issues make corrections and still end up well off.

justiceman

justiceman

Day 56

Alright 8 weeks in from seed! She's starting to really chunk up and here I thought I needed to replace my t5 tubes soon. Guess they still got it. She's still at 1.0EC(500ppm) that's my max for this girl. 2.7g of VB base and .6g of shine(pk).

I've got a good amount of pictures for yuh!
IMG 9907

IMG 9918
IMG 9910
IMG 9916
IMG 9912
IMG 9917
IMG 9915
IMG 9919
IMG 9920

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Day 56

Alright 8 weeks in from seed! She's starting to really chunk up and here I thought I needed to replace my t5 tubes soon. Guess they still got it. She's still at 1.0EC(500ppm) that's my max for this girl. 2.7g of VB base and .6g of shine(pk).

View attachment 689474
View attachment 689480 View attachment 689475 View attachment 689478 View attachment 689476 View attachment 689479 View attachment 689477 View attachment 689481 View attachment 689482
Chunky indeed chief!!!!nice work....that light lime green color is vicious looking ...that finished product it gonna be amazing

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Day 56

View attachment 689474
View attachment 689480 View attachment 689475 View attachment 689478 View attachment 689476 View attachment 689479 View attachment 689477 View attachment 689481 View attachment 689482
got some roasted tips there:shockedninja:

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I know lol! :cry: That happened at around day 43. Pushin this girl to the limit. That's why I won't go above 1.0EC(500ppm) for this little lady. Might even drop down to .9(450ppm),but I'm not really seeing it progress much at this point. I'll definitely keep monitoring her.
so lets do some thought processing here...
I dont get no burnt tips like that(minus my root rot girl) and i bounce all my autos to 1.7 -1.9....
So do you think coco shows stress at higher ec compared to dwc?
I know you could just have a testy auto too... I have heard of them....
but 1 ec isnt much, my plants would yellow out and leaves would start dying off lol..

justiceman

justiceman

so lets do some thought processing here...
I dont get no burnt tips like that(minus my root rot girl) and i bounce all my autos to 1.7 -1.9....
So do you think coco shows stress at higher ec compared to dwc?
I know you could just have a testy auto too... I have heard of them....
but 1 ec isnt much, my plants would yellow out and leaves would start dying off lol..
I'm thinking it has to do with the lighting to an extent, but also the types of nutrients and the difference between a water medium and a coco medium like you said. I'm still playing around with this nutrient to see what its max is under different conditions. This TD is only under four 4ft t5's so I'm thinking she probably can't process as much. That being said my girls under a 600w HPS maxed out at 1.4EC before showing burnt tips.

If I did 1.7-1.9 my girls would be burnt to a crisp no doubt. I think coco is a bit more sensitive in terms of nutrient build up. You can always measure the exact EC of water in DWC, but you can't measure the exact EC of coco so I'm thinking even though I put in 1.0EC perhaps the medium itself is higher in concentration then that.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm thinking it has to do with the lighting to an extent, but also the types of nutrients and the difference between a water medium and a coco medium like you said. I'm still playing around with this nutrient to see what its max is under different conditions. This TD is only under four 4ft t5's so I'm thinking she probably can't process as much. That being said my girls under a 600w HPS maxed out at 1.4EC before showing burnt tips.

If I did 1.7-1.9 my girls would be burnt to a crisp no doubt. I think coco is a bit more sensitive in terms of nutrient build up. You can always measure the exact EC of water in DWC, but you can't measure the exact EC of coco so I'm thinking even though I put in 1.0EC perhaps the medium itself is higher in concentration then that.
yep! What you said! I just wanted a good write up for the newbies :)
lol..

Latest posts

Top Bottom