LED light vs HPS light yield / watt

• Thread starter GrowUp777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

A lot of them grow garbage weed. The odd one does ok, and then they irradiate it to make it pass testing. But the legal market as saturated as it is, is doing OK. Only because most consumers are happy with garbage weed. It's weird.
I can't speak to what some of the big LP"s are doing or buying to pass along, but some of these newer smaller micro grower 2000-sq ft and under Here in Canada are growing some amazing stuff, they never invested a million to grow junk, or just garbage heavy strains, they are growing all the same top shelf stains as everyone else, and they get paid by quality. but your right there is definitely some growing garbage, I think over time your going to see that stuff pushed out as more of these micro guy come on-line,

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can't speak to what some of the big LP"s are doing or buying to pass along, but some of these newer smaller micro grower 2000-sq ft and under are growing some amazing stuff, they never invested a million to grow junk, or just garbage heavy strains, they are growing all the same top shelf stains as everyone else, and they get paid by quality. but your right there is definitely some growing garbage, I think over time your going to see that stuff pushed out as more of these micro guy come on-line
Yeah those are going to be the survivors im hoping. The ppl in my circle that do get some from dispensaries all have their favourites for a reason.

I agree 100% i feel like thats going to happen also. They just need to survive the collapse of corporate cannabis and the prices that come with it right now

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I used to think this and had hope in people. Until I saw my friends that have been smoking with me since I was 18 flock to the dispensary garbage and happily eat it up. A few of them are getting wise when they see what love & care can produce but for the most part they are content with going to a store to purchase absolute garbage in a bag.

It's only going to get worse for dispensary quality flower - concentrates are 90% of the market they don't give 2 shits about flower.
There's some good concentrate on the menu I'll be honest with owning that much. What's in it who knows It's what it is and will probably always grow out from there...

People will always want the good flower.... I think it's going to emerge as a small batch niche market like @Aqua Man suggested. ..

It's apple 🍎 and orange 🍊 how I feel about it

I've got a childhood friend from way back that's been doing it since the early 80s in Chicago and he is done. Sold the grow shops and bailed entirely... No more grows or anything...

He been getting $500 an ounce for decades... So I don't blame him. Didn't matter if it was an ounce or three pounds either.. he got paid everytime

Mickey D was in hightimes a few years even..

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can't speak to what some of the big LP"s are doing or buying to pass along, but some of these newer smaller micro grower 2000-sq ft and under Here in Canada are growing some amazing stuff, they never invested a million to grow junk, or just garbage heavy strains, they are growing all the same top shelf stains as everyone else, and they get paid by quality. but your right there is definitely some growing garbage, I think over time your going to see that stuff pushed out as more of these micro guy come on-line,
Here in Michigan, I recently visited a dispensary to give myself some variety. (It's been a while since my last harvest, next one in a couple of weeks.) Most "top shelf" weed has dropped to about $30 per eighth, but I noticed one that was going for $60. Curiosity got the best of me and $30 was burning a hole in my pocket, so I got an eighth of something called Lemon Tartz. It was very good and was clearly cured for a few weeks. I was impressed. There is a market for quality stuff.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Do you need a card or something to purchase from shop if you are a visitor from another country .
I can speak for every province as I think some are different but here you can go right to the liquor store and by weed, but there is also other places that only sells to license card medical holder's its kind of a grey area in the system to sell medical weed

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Do you need a card or something to purchase from shop if you are a visitor from another country .
At this time I think 19 states have recreational weed, but only about 12 or 13 have decided on how it should be sold/distributed, so there are some states where it is legal, you just can't legally buy it. In Michigan, you can walk into a dispensary without a card and buy most things. They seem to limit gummy potency for people without a med card.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
At this time I think 19 states have recreational weed, but only about 12 or 13 have decided on how it should be sold/distributed, so there are some states where it is legal, you just can't legally buy it. In Michigan, you can walk into a dispensary without a card and buy most things. They seem to limit gummy potency for people without a med card.
Don't want those kids overdose on gummies....

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Should be fine. It's got blue 5000k in it so it's made for a balance between veggies and flowers

Ponky

Ponky

What space are you lighting? I personally detest mars but that doesn’t mean they dont work
I'm just moving my setup down to the garage. Gunna run less power. Haven't ordered yet. The banking system is done all day. But was about to spend 1100 on a pair of FC-E 4800 480 watt.
Unless there is something else you thinks a much better idea. I'm out of the loop.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm just moving my setup down to the garage. Gunna run less power. Haven't ordered yet. The banking system is done all day. But was about to spend 1100 on a pair of FC-E 4800 480 watt.
Unless there is something else you thinks a much better idea. I'm out of the loop.
Well looking at the SE 7000 is 720w and has spectrum setting you can change with IR added. Im going to be running it shortly to review it. But its impressive in design and i think it will prove to be a really good light.

Mars makes me cringe.

Ill find a link for ya.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Canada and better description. But you can prob get a better deal or discount code from @SpiderFarmerLED on here as they are a sponser.

Top Bottom