LED lighting companys that you like or dislike, and WHY.

• Thread starter Buzzer777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

henning, dear friend, please use lower case...upper case is like screaming. ✌

Also, I ordered the Kingbrite! thanks for the info!
i cant even read it,hurts my head hahahahah like staring right at the sun lol

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I have seen pretty great results with those strips. But i probably still wont order from a china factory company.

I just got new ballasts this year for the hps anyway. Im likely good for 4 more years.
Smart move, if anything use led or cmh to supplement the hps. Makes for pretty pictures lol

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I'd love to hear your brilliant explanation for how a light with a way better spectrum and light output per watt is worse? not to mention a light that will last you years instead of one grow.

Last edited:
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

here we go...

Dr alison justice. yea a doctor, that means she knows way more than we do and has way more experience. "end of the day what we found is that we were making a much greater ROI on LED vs HPS"

the jury is out. stop spreading misinformation. Start at 47 minutes if you want some actual information.

Last edited:
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

the comparison was also made using LED lights that are triple the cost of their HID counterparts. watch that ROI gap get even bigger if they used something more cost effective than the high end over priced LED's.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

here we go...

Dr alison justice. yea a doctor, that means she knows way more than we do and has way more experience. "end of the day what we found is that we were making a much greater ROI on LED vs HPS"

the jury is out. stop spreading misinformation. Start at 47 minutes if you want some actual information.
elaine ingram is also a doc,she passed on information for 20 yrs on composting,then recently ,well couple years back actully admitted she had been wrong on her seminars and such,so dont be fooled what doc say either.
if you think those jokers on you tube and such are experienced too,wrong,they get all the best conditions by sponsors for free to show you how well shit works in the perfect conditions,not from a broke dick point of view of just growing there own medicine,this confuses folk a lot,doc told my father in law 6months white cell lung cancer ,that man lived 6 more years,up to the day he died could out work any youngster,so there is experience wrong in the worst way.
to much science says crap ,folk fall for,they get grants for these studies and ride the shit out with all kinds of new finds as they do to keep money coming in,the only real light that is best is right above your head when you walk outdoors,im some what experienced and dabble with all kind shit and thecnics,my led lights,blurple or not,same lights as high dollar,gave me fluffy buds,next run i added more side lights,they tighten up a little,next run old trusty and rock hard buds,so not the lights,might just be envorment you work with ,technic you roll with,water feeds you use,so there is no good or bad ,just how much cash you want to unass,BUY THE WAY THIS IS MY OPINION ,ONLY MY OPINION,MY GUNS AND STICK TO THEM ,NO OTHER CAN INTRUDE ON MY MISTAKES,DAMMIT,oh shit yelling sorry hahah,anyway joking folks but doesnt sound about right

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

i just think its stupid to say " be prepared for leafy buds" if you are using LED. sure some LED's suck and HID are better than alot of them. but there is enough HARD evidence that a high quality LED diode can do just as well if not better than any HID. thats all man. i dont take everything people say as being 100 percent true just because they went to school for a long time. but from listening to her speak on the subject and about her experiment, there is no vested interest in her findings. its just facts for that particular test. shes not trying to promote any brands. she was hired to do the test by a commercial grower to run the experiment that was weighing the idea of moving to LED from HID. you always hear silly people say you cant flower under LED, and the fact is that you indeed can, they got more weight, and better bud.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i just think its stupid to say " be prepared for leafy buds" if you are using LED. sure some LED's suck and HID are better than alot of them. but there is enough HARD evidence that a high quality LED diode can do just as well if not better than any HID. thats all man. i dont take everything people say as being 100 percent true just because they went to school for a long time. but from listening to her speak on the subject and about her experiment, there is no vested interest in her findings. its just facts for that particular test. shes not trying to promote any brands. just wanted to see for herself, because you always hear silly people say you cant flower under LED, and the fact is that you indeed can, they got more weight, and better bud.
im not saying your wrong,just difrent methods,same as breeders,if you dont go by the book of how they grow and were they live,how can you go by there prediction of how long a plant takes,dig ,they grow them sevral times over,using all the best of every thing all im saying,i got t5ho,led,hid all work but not the same with my methods,why,because i dont have humidifers and de hums,i dont have co2,i dont have top line feeds,you feel me,so it really unfair to judge any of them ,be bag soils ,manufactures of feeds,light builders,hell all of them there there and in your face for money only,ive grown a 6ft tall single stretched stalk all over the place plant and still got high using reynolds wrap foil and a cfl bulb, i think way to much focus on lights,because the per sq ft thing all enjoy taking to max,cant replace the sun,and in middle of day straight up sun will melt your plants too same with the lights of the day,point to take ,i grew 4 girls 1 male,banged 2 of them and then all went outside ,rip mr male,they stood threw hurricane harvey flash floods and 65 mph winds,went threw 4 months triple digit weather,harvest time ,got my seeds from the 2,the other2 had fluffy buds outside,so thats what im getting at

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i dont have anything bad to say about HID either, in fact i am ordering a 1000w setup to run with my quantum boards this winter.
i got a 2x4x5 tent,400 isnt enough,1k is to much,600 be the sweet spot,all my buddies in tents say same thing about the 1k,if your in bigger space and getting fine product,why not upgrade to a light rail instead

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

i was gonna run the 250W, 3000k QB in a 4x4 with the 1000w HPS for flowering lol, does that sound excessive ? and run my 4000k QB in the veg tent.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

im not saying your wrong,just difrent methods,same as breeders,if you dont go by the book of how they grow and were they live,how can you go by there prediction of how long a plant takes,dig ,they grow them sevral times over,using all the best of every thing all im saying,i got t5ho,led,hid all work but not the same with my methods,why,because i dont have humidifers and de hums,i dont have co2,i dont have top line feeds,you feel me,so it really unfair to judge any of them ,be bag soils ,manufactures of feeds,light builders,hell all of them there there and in your face for money only,ive grown a 6ft tall single stretched stalk all over the place plant and still got high using reynolds wrap foil and a cfl bulb, i think way to much focus on lights,because the per sq ft thing all enjoy taking to max,cant replace the sun,and in middle of day straight up sun will melt your plants too same with the lights of the day,point to take ,i grew 4 girls 1 male,banged 2 of them and then all went outside ,rip mr male,they stood threw hurricane harvey flash floods and 65 mph winds,went threw 4 months triple digit weather,harvest time ,got my seeds from the 2,the other2 had fluffy buds outside,so thats what im getting at
i feel you 100 percent dog and i agree, grow with what you got, and what youre good with! theres no one right way! and all lights have their pros and cons!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i wish i had a real room, stuck in tents for the foreseeable future
they suck,i miss my closet grow room hahaah,ya that too much light for me hahahah,the lights effect my brain and make me dizzy under them even with cutting glasses on,i got to have my meds,i was a lab rat for 2 years listening to all the scientist and doc.got hooked on there dope,finnaly went turkey never turned back,mama has to fool me into going to doc these days,id rather just die not noing than some educated folk telling me and thinking they can predict death,so thats the real reason i got involved in this thread

Migrower

Migrower

i was gonna run the 250W, 3000k QB in a 4x4 with the 1000w HPS for flowering lol, does that sound excessive ? and run my 4000k QB in the veg tent.
A bit lol why not just the 240 in the 2x4 you know that with blow up a 2x4

Top Bottom