LED Suggestions

• Thread starter SSC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSC

Ok here you guys go!! A couple more weeks to go! These babies are really starting to bud like crazy. As you can see, these 6 plants are in a 6x6 foot area under ONE of the Solaro Sun Clone! Like I have said before, The outer half of the outer plants are doing as good so thats why we feel that 2 to 3 lights would be perfect for a 10x10 room! Coverage is awesome with this light along with penatration. He also has the light mounted at about 6 feet off the ground. Sorry for some of the blurry pics. I asked him to take some better ones next time and maybe do some video!!

S

SSC

SSC, are these fully grown under LED? They look stunning!

Mac

Yes!!! Just flower not veg though. Using same light schedule as HPS. All six plants under 1 of these lights!!! I am going to be buying a couple in a few weeks too!!! You can find them here. www.improvedled.com I will be posting final pics of plants along with what total weight is and how good the smoke is also!!!

M

Mactabak

Yes!!! Just flower not veg though. Using same light schedule as HPS. All six plants under 1 of these lights!!! I am going to be buying a couple in a few weeks too!!! You can find them here. www.improvedled.com I will be posting final pics of plants along with what total weight is and how good the smoke is also!!!

Do you know how many LED's each one of them lamps has? I have found a source that sells them rather cheap, didnt know if it would be better for you as regards prices?

Mac

S

SSC

Ya you can find the specs on their website. www.improvedled.com If I remember right I think it has 60 red and 20 blue with one 20 watt white LED. So you found another place that has these?? Cool where at?? Do they use those Osram semi opto-conductors in them? I have done alot of research on LED lights and I have not found anyother manufacturer that uses Osram LED's.

F

Field of Beans

That Solaro Sun Clone uses only 140w yet covers a 6x6 area. I find this hard to believe and at $1300 bucks it better perform. That's alot of dough for a light. Although a 10 year warranty is the best I've seen.

S

SSC

Your right! I posted pics that shows a tape measure going across the plants to prove it. This is the real deal!! I know that price is a little high but one thing is I know you get what you pay for and you would need multiple lights to match this one. And yes I love that warranty also! I havent seen anyother light out there thats not even close. I checked into Solaro also and I know they wont be going anywhere. They have been in the LED industry for over 25 years! So I feel confident in their warranty!!I cant frickin wait to get this sucker!!!

F

Field of Beans

I'm not doubting this light can perform; I think a better representation of this light would be a full cycle grow from veg to flower. There is a switch that allows you to veg with the blue spectrum.

M

Mactabak

Ya you can find the specs on their website. www.improvedled.com If I remember right I think it has 60 red and 20 blue with one 20 watt white LED. So you found another place that has these?? Cool where at?? Do they use those Osram semi opto-conductors in them? I have done alot of research on LED lights and I have not found anyother manufacturer that uses Osram LED's.

Here is the manufacturer info:-

Here are different versions for you to buy (red & blue):-

Mac

S

SSC

Here is the manufacturer info:-

Here are different versions for you to buy (red & blue):-

Mac

Cool thanks! I looked that up and WOW! Those suckers are $6.65 each in US dollars! No wonder that light is much more then others!

F

Field of Beans

That Solaro Sun Clone uses 170 degree lenses which is why you get such a wide coverage. How are these LEDs even penetrating the canopy? There's got to be a percentage that use 60 degree.

S

Slips

That Solaro Sun Clone uses 170 degree lenses which is why you get such a wide coverage. How are these LEDs even penetrating the canopy? There's got to be a percentage that use 60 degree.

Apparently they are putting out more lums per led as a 3w generic (80-90lum flux same spectrum) ... that means it is equivalent to a 400 watt generic 3 watt led chip light.

"Typical luminous flux of 110 lm at 350mA"

I'll be interested to see more grows from them.

S

SSC

Ya I know they ONLY use 170 degree LED's. I dont know how it has so much penatration power but it does! The very bottom of all six plants that my buddy is growing is deep dark green. And the crazy thing is that he has no reflective material on walls or ceiling. He did at the very beginning of the grow but one of his fans got a hold of it and ripped it all down! So the conditions could be even better then it is now and I just cant amagine what the plants would do then! Based on what I have learned from LED technology is it must have something to do with those semi opto-conductors they use from Osram. I have not found another light using those so there isnt really anything else to compare it to when all the other lights use a basic LED chip from other manufactures. I will be getting more pics in a week or so then when I get my light I will post pics from me opening up the light out of the box and it set up in my grow room!! Has anybody else looked into the real differance between semi opto-conductor and LED chip???? SLIPS, maybe you have some info???

R

recreationaluse

Ya I know they ONLY use 170 degree LED's. I dont know how it has so much penatration power but it does! The very bottom of all six plants that my buddy is growing is deep dark green. And the crazy thing is that he has no reflective material on walls or ceiling. He did at the very beginning of the grow but one of his fans got a hold of it and ripped it all down! So the conditions could be even better then it is now and I just cant amagine what the plants would do then! Based on what I have learned from LED technology is it must have something to do with those semi opto-conductors they use from Osram. I have not found another light using those so there isnt really anything else to compare it to when all the other lights use a basic LED chip from other manufactures. I will be getting more pics in a week or so then when I get my light I will post pics from me opening up the light out of the box and it set up in my grow room!! Has anybody else looked into the real differance between semi opto-conductor and LED chip???? SLIPS, maybe you have some info???
those opto semi-conductor leds are pretty bad ass. when osram developed them they were claiming 30% more efficient than leading leds on the market. some independent companies have tested them against some of the best brands out there and they have claimed up to 65% more efficient not 30%. either way thats probably how they still have good penetrating power without sacrificing coverage area. in the led world 6X6 coverage area for $1300 isnt bad

S

SSC

Ok here you guys go. These were actually taken about a 3 weeks ago.One of these is a pic of the very bottom of the plant to show how green everything is. The other one is the root ball. Nice!!! One more thing. This is one of the outer plants from the light.

R

recreationaluse

Ok here you guys go. These were actually taken about a 3 weeks ago.One of these is a pic of the very bottom of the plant to show how green everything is. The other one is the root ball. Nice!!! One more thing. This is one of the outer plants from the light.
very nice definitely getting good light

S

SSC

very nice definitely getting good light

Ya I am impressed!! I just talked to him and he is ready to pull them next week. So I should have all final pics the end of next week or so. I will probably go help him to take some good pics. He says thay are stinking like crazy and super sticky!! Mad crystals forming everywhere now day by day. So I will get some good pics for everybody!!

F

Field of Beans

SSC, is it possible to load up pictures other than pdf? Unfortunately some of us can't view these files and would love to see the pics directly loaded to site if at all possible.

S

SSC

SSC, is it possible to load up pictures other than pdf? Unfortunately some of us can't view these files and would love to see the pics directly loaded to site if at all possible.

Ya I would love to but I cant figure out how to do it. I think the file size is to large for me to do that. So I how to downsizee the image to pdf. If you know another way please let me know.

M

Mactabak

I must admit they are looking healthy & that rootball is very nice

Latest posts

Top Bottom