Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

So how bout them Dodger's....

But seriously...

From my experience- I just finished running through quite a few beans, end results were some interesting smells and flavors. Had a couple plants throw nanners, leading culprit was prob best smelling outta the bunch, a nice pebble'y/trix smelling LAD. Saw few nans during the flush, but def found more while trimming. Not early enough to seed but def there. Shame since it was best smelling of the bunch. Also had an ANOG throw a few but everything else was solid at stayin full on lady.

Nanners or not, now I want the LADs more with hopes of finding one of those Pebble/Trix smelling genos. Sounds amazing

green punk

green punk

Id be curious to see what Alien and other breeders are doing test wise. Are they cracking 100 seeds in a single space and watching the prodigy grow nd make assumptions and conclusions about female/ male ratio and tendencies to be hermaphroditic. A control needs to be established by the breeders themselves. Then we actually will have a starting point for the discussion. The breeder can say "well when we did x and y the results were". Not when I sent growerZ his packs he said "blah blah fire, garbage blah".

Because it seems to me the "hey we need testers" and sending out dozens of packs to dozens of growers is testing, but its not a control that can be used to back up later discoveries like the OP has made. Because every "tester" has there own scene they act in.

Ive had plants herm outdoors in what some would call large samples. We have seen a tendency for plants in east facing draws "water shed" to be more hermi, than their sisters in the west facing draws. Ive seen them where ever other branch is male then the next branch is female on the same plant. Or every other node is a cluster of sacks. Not this little one maybe 2 cluster of sacks here and there, in week 4. Which is still a hermi, but really its unstable genetics. The results of the created polly hybrids we all know and love.

A real hermi is what Bird Dog had pics of in one of his threads of an F2 he made of some of Alien's seed stock.

true grit

true grit

To all posters- Went on a mini delete frenzy, i apologize if your post was on point and i didn't notice- just looked for "LAD/hermie" if its didnt say that it got gone. lol.

@greenleaf- fwiw Sky High was being generous, we probably went through more like 50-60 seeds with no standout keepers (only 2 herms tho I believe). Does that detract me from popping any more? Not necessarily, as I did feel many of these plants had some very interesting terpene expression. One grenade pheno (pez smelling) and the LAD were just amazing in smell. Sadly grenade did not clone well and LAD herm'd. Most of the ANOG/PTA/ARC were just varying degrees of mild kush smell/mild OG smell. And sadly most did not tranfer to flavor. This was my experience but as stated, off the terpene expression alone i would be interested in popping some of the alien fem beans that i still have in the box. The best feedback i have heard was from FPOG and Sour Pebs, those are also the smells that attracted me from my grow, so i am disappointed there was not more/affordable stock of those or limitations on sharing.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

To all posters- Went on a mini delete frenzy, i apologize if your post was on point and i didn't notice- just looked for "LAD/hermie" if its didnt say that it got gone. lol.

@greenleaf- fwiw Sky High was being generous, we probably went through more like 50-60 seeds with no standout keepers (only 2 herms tho I believe). Does that detract me from popping any more? Not necessarily, as I did feel many of these plants had some very interesting terpene expression. One grenade pheno (pez smelling) and the LAD were just amazing in smell. Sadly grenade did not clone well and LAD herm'd. Most of the ANOG/PTA/ARC were just varying degrees of mild kush smell/mild OG smell. And sadly most did not tranfer to flavor. This was my experience but as stated, off the terpene expression alone i would be interested in popping some of the alien fem beans that i still have in the box. The best feedback i have heard was from FPOG and Sour Pebs, those are also the smells that attracted me from my grow, so i am disappointed there was not more/affordable stock of those or limitations on sharing.

Interesting, I did notice nMeeks had some LADs seed on him as well. Guess I'll just grab myself a small tent or build a small room in which to test future beans. Thanks for the info

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Id be curious to see what Alien and other breeders are doing test wise. Are they cracking 100 seeds in a single space and watching the prodigy grow nd make assumptions and conclusions about female/ male ratio and tendencies

From what I've known heard and seen, no.

There are breeders testing their stuff, IMO, watching it get tested and knowings good seems to take some of the pizazz out of the marketing/hype. Hence prices go down. Look here in te farm at breeders that have the most tested lines.... 60-80$.

Guess that just shows who's in it for what too.

true grit

true grit

GReen punk- ya thats tough call and generally why breeders do send out lots of packs- to see how plants do in various environments and hopefully be able to handle that feedback. It seems hype got the better of some in this instance cuz even some original testers are dropping info we didn't know before. No problems with problems, they just should be out in the open so folks know what they could possibly be in for and prices adjusted accordingly.

greenleaf- Yes I strongly encourage a seperate test area for ANY brand of genetics you try out. You never know what your particular results may be, and its better to protect what you can count on than risk seeding things due to simple testing. In the past myself and im sure countless others have learned from this lesson! lol.

Aforce

Aforce

its pee-on so your both wrong ;) anyhow i have a few alien dawg f4 goin and my first plant tossed a few nanners around week 5(like 7 or 8 naynay) but i plucked them and watched her close and never did find one seed after chopping her.but im keeping her around because the smoke was pure fire!!i know personally my plant was not as healthy as it could have been so im gunna try again with lighter nutes and see how she does.some real good info can be had in this thread now,IF.....you care to weed through all the b.s.(mostly from the squiggly) but dang!! been a long time lurker mostly because of shit like this^^^,put a muzzle on this dude squigg !! and yeah im finally posting cause i dont have to worry about him moderating me.def some funny shizzle in this thread,but i would like to hear a little from alien.i also agree the op should have posted more pics of the plants in question with a thread title like this,peace

$ixbling :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

From what I've known heard and seen, no.

There are breeders testing their stuff, IMO, watching it get tested and knowings good seems to take some of the pizazz out of the marketing/hype. Hence prices go down. Look here in te farm at breeders that have the most tested lines.... 60-80$.

Guess that just shows who's in it for what too.
I gotta say Classic that every now and then you flirt with disaster but i commend you for that and this post helped make my decision immensely, thank you for reminding me that just cuz someone pays more for something does not make it better. If i ever drop cash on alien gear it will be the most affordable growing right next to the 60-80$ tested beans

urbanite420

urbanite420

My apologies to Squiggs cuz I came at you pretty hard without fully explaining myself. Wasnt even tryin to feed the haters. Once I get my shit together (I'm stressed cuz I'm moving around at the moment) we should sesh. I ALSO apologize to the community cuz I know lots of peeps are doing great and greater things than I. Its asshole-ish to call out the shit you do.

Back to genetics, something I saw on another forum recently was a "community breeding" project, where a particular hybrid is being rescued and refined down a few generations by a number of growers. I think this would be a great way to spread the great genetics of our past and present. I think it could also reduce the stress on the breeder if he or anyone else knows of particular traits or issues with the hybrid.

catdaddy

catdaddy

damn with all this game changer, multiple keepers in one pack, best bang for you buck talk, one would have thought they would have found at least 40 keepers out of 50-60 seeds, if you let the hype crew tell it.
i guess due to the fact that you and Sky rep is very credible on these boards, they can't drown or down play these facts as if they did with many others, and that's why you don't see soooo many supporters of alien in this thread as you see in sooooo many of his many other threads.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alright, a couple of us mods have been cleaning up this thread. I personally have been a bit brutal about it--if I felt it didn't contribute to the information base or that it was furthering personal attacks on any member, ANY MEMBER AT ALL, I've deleted it. If I have deleted any post that had information that users need, PLEASE let me know, I will instead edit the post.

Carry on. :)

true grit

true grit

@catdaddy- indeed just my honest experience. It is disappointing to not find more keepers but a. its the luck of the draw as with popping any seeds, b. my standards are pretty high, and c. some folks definition of keeper is way different for many reason. When you run clone only's, theres a pretty straight forward line on what makes the cut or not. I had a low female/male ratio so that didn't help my search either and is also why i said i wouldn't hesitate to pop the fem beans i have. i also have a test only area, so herms arent that big of a deal when testing and at least i know my test environment is consistent 100% of the time.

@seamaiden- thank you very much!

southstreets

southstreets

I must say thanks to everyone who posted their experiences with aliens gear in this thread.. I won a few packs of his gear awhile back all of which I gave away except for the LAD... Guess ill never be popping those in this lifetime... And thanks for stepping into the thread gritty! Was gettin outta control 4 sure!

smokie

smokie

If testing was only done with organic and then other ppl pop em and push hard with chem nutes and hermies pop up......, 100% organic is so easy on the plant.
Testing should include stressing the F#ck out of them ladies, i thought that was a given.
Either way got to be extra careful when running unkown genetics, tap the stalk look for falling pollen, look for hermie sacks on the floor or in pot, look for clusters, bend nug away from branch to see whats hiding there. spray floors,pots etc with a water spray bottle during grow just in case to fuck any potential pollen you dont know about.
Defensive growing lol

Pics of LAD at day 31 hope she stays strong female for me, hitting with about 1400ppm and sea green .7 conv

LAD 1LAD 2

Aforce

Aforce

do many breeders thoroughly test the parental stock before making a cross?

in theory sending out a bunch of seeds to testers seems like a good way to see whats what but in practice i imagine that it rarely works out proper.. testers might not grow/journal the beans.. testers will probably not intentionally stress their crops for herms (who can afford to have it go to shit).. testers will be overly kind out of a sense of friendship they have for being a tester etc.. lots of other things too im sure..

if the breeders put more time into testing the parents under specific conditions it would be much more efficient than relying on testers after the fact (testing 2+ parents is a lot easier than testing 100+ of the progeny).. sure testers still need to be used to rate the smoke but at least the breeder can say with confidence that he/she has done everything possible to make sure that the $150 seed pack they sold you is herm free..

my thoughts anyways :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

sounds like the right track, above and beyond is testing in at least three or more regions vented and sealed c02 anything beyond that is huge bonus I've read companies even grow with light leaks interruptions gaps of Dark in daylight cycle over nute under nute i mean it sounds good but does anyone or excuse me any breeder or company seed seller do that?

Aforce

Aforce

sounds like the right track, above and beyond is testing in at least three or more regions vented and sealed c02 anything beyond that is huge bonus I've read companies even grow with light leaks interruptions gaps of Dark in daylight cycle over nute under nute i mean it sounds good but does anyone or excuse me any breeder or company seed seller do that?

ive tried major light stress to weed out herms to use for breeding and gave up when pretty much everything i had spit nanners ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom