Let's talk about bringing indoor plants out with excessive veg time.

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowerdave

flowerdave

The girls have had some nights as low at 47F. Today I forgot to open the greenhouse before I left for work. When I check my phone the temp in there hit 102F! Thank jeebus babe came home for lunch and opened it up. I thought I was gonna come home to droopy half baked girls but they hardly seemed fazed. Thats a hell of a temp range. Im glad i watered this morning.
Getting some good size on them.How much longer until they are in their final parking spot and how is that soil looking? I got my piles turned over today. There is a pile for each plant that I am planting. My chickens keep getting into my piles. the dirt is amazing. Its a combination of all sorts of stuff from chicken litter, leaves. seaweed and muck from our pond, wood ash, grass clippings and vegetable scraps. This was all put together a year ago

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I figure it will still be 2-3 weeks of acclimation. That tent is pretty much in the shade of a holly tree all day. so I need to start exposing them to direct sunlight.
The bed they are going in is pretty much good. I need about 3 cubic feet of finished compost/ composted manure to top it off. I rely heavily on seaweed for a continues nutrient source. It's still too cold to go to a beach and collect some.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

That Caesar flowering outside is starting to gets tints of purples... Natural light is up above 13 hours now. I might start to light deprive her before she gets the wrong idea.

Cp
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

This fuckin weather...
Predicted 39 tonight. shity weather for the foreseeable week. They hit 45 last night. Dunno what the true soil temp is since they are on heating mats and I never shoved a probe in there.
Kinda miffed to say the least. Thats April... Half of me wants to leave them out. Half of me says thats crazy you know how much work we put into these? They're just so top heavy/ un-staked and awkwardly weighted with the " scaffold" training i'm doing with the main leader.
What would you do?

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

We already started our outdoor grow in Maine, we will not put them out till June 14 2 weeks later than in CT, we start early bc grow season is short up north, we want our plants to be translated up into 5 or 7 gal pots before they go out, on nice days we do try and acclimate our grow, Grandaddy Purp, Pine Warp, Master Kush, and Panama Red this year 3 of each for me and 3 of each for my cuz, we want them big when they finally go out bc it can still get cold at night, under 40f we cover overnight, we have been doing this yearly since the 80s, we Pic hardy strains though this is first year trying to run Panama witch tends to like it hot so unsure how will come out, the other strains we run yearly and Pic hardy strains, I'll post a Pic of master kush a deer got at last year not to bad but put on porch, Pic strains that are suited for the environment you live in, yea I grow my perpetual auto run but we allso do a yearly outdoors grow, each person is allowed 12 plants not 3 like in CT.

IMG 20170903 130016769
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

So nights below 40 don't bother you as long as the plants are covered ?

flowerdave

flowerdave

This fuckin weather...
Predicted 39 tonight. shity weather for the foreseeable week. They hit 45 last night. Dunno what the true soil temp is since they are on heating mats and I never shoved a probe in there.
Kinda miffed to say the least. Thats April... Half of me wants to leave them out. Half of me says thats crazy you know how much work we put into these? They're just so top heavy/ un-staked and awkwardly weighted with the " scaffold" training i'm doing with the main leader.
What would you do?
I hear ya. last night was 25 here and tomorrow 4 inches of snow expected with a high of 38. a lot different than last year. My seeds are sprouting right now. I am transferring a couple to solo cups this afternoon. it will be 2 months before the go out in the ground cause we are having a wedding here and can't be showing so I am going to stash them in the woods for that day in one gallons

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Not much to update. I have completed 180 degrees in the spiral on both strains. It's gonna be 39F Tuesday night. Still trying to get these girls in the ground asap. Maybe next week. I have to work 6 days a week right now until 6 and wont be able to monitor them the day after planting. Babe snapped this photo of me on 420.

Psillyrabbit
flowerdave

flowerdave

We got 25 degrees for tues and Wednesday. Worried about my fruit trees. Can’t wait to see how them spirals turn out..I might have to imitate that next year

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

What kind of fruit trees? Have they opened blossoms yet? I have purple figs, peaches, cherries, American persimon, seedless grapes,Service berry, beach plums, sea buckthorn, pink Champaign/ black currants, blue berries, northern bog cranberries, elderberry, cold hardy kiwi, pluots, black raspberries, thornless black berries and some potted mulberries!( not to mention all my indoor citrus/ tropicals) I am a bit of a plant hoarder :rolls eyes:
I do landscapes/ nursery sales for a high end company here on LI. I often find it hard to not bring new plants home.

Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

What kind of fruit trees? Have they opened blossoms yet? I have purple figs, peaches, cherries, American persimon, seedless grapes,Service berry, beach plums, sea buckthorn, pink Champaign/ black currants, blue berries, elderberry, cold hardy kiwi, pluots, black raspberries, black berries and some potted mulberries! I am a bit of a plant hoarder :rolls eyes:
cherrie, pears trees . blueberry, raspberries blackberries and grapes. every year I collect more also. the flowers arn't open yet on the cherries, pears are close

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Your gonna be alright. I would be a bit more worried if the flowers were pollinated already.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I put a second layer of plastic over the tent last night. It wasn't big enough so I don't know how much it helped but the girls didn't get below 44.5, one more night of this.

Babyitscoldoutside
B52
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I couldn't water this morning and the girls are thirsty right now. Wet and cold doesn't sound great. I think i might wait until tomorrow morning to water. what would you do?

160days
steamroller

steamroller

Warmer than usual water ?
Maybe less then usual just to get to tomorrow ?
Supposed to be 32 tonight where I am in NY..

TSD

TSD

Warmer than usual water ?
Maybe less then usual just to get to tomorrow ?
Supposed to be 32 tonight where I am in NY..
Calling for 28 in my neck of the woods... should probably go cover my perennials that have popped up... but only the strong survive my lazy gardening. 🤣

Top Bottom