• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hate to burst your bubble but that was a joke by Cap ..... peace soser

No I'm actually working on this. A place where people can have their little fights in hopes of hugging it out at the end. This may be a place that is deleted for getting out of hand, but I would like to see where it goes. Obviously name dropping/threats/etc.. not acceptable EVER.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Time machine,for sure.
Remember,where M.Emery is right now.
The sacrificial lamb,so to speak,maybe.
Overgrow had THE best seed guide,tests of ALL.
Even the format was stella.
alot people overthere "fought" alot,too,but that's survival.
Look around,without those times gone by,there might not be OGKush seeds and the like,all over the planet!
Does any one remember the strains that had the highest ratings?
BC Kush,BC Hasplant,Reeefermans Grapefuit were three I remeber well!

soserthc1

soserthc1

No I'm actually working on this. A place where people can have their little fights in hopes of hugging it out at the end. This may be a place that is deleted for getting out of hand, but I would like to see where it goes. Obviously name dropping/threats/etc.. not acceptable EVER.
Good idea if it could remain civil Cap but you and I know it never will and I would hate to have to moderate that sight but then again I am not much for computer arguing - thou I do enjoy a good squabble - I prefer to steer away myself ...

Aligee

Aligee

there used to be a forum here on ThcFarmer in the very beginning called The Shark Tank for such purposes thats been gone for obvious reasons as it def got out of hand...

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Found this usefull...and accurate...you might too.

Origins of Pink Kush, OG Kush, Chemdog:

During my research of polyploid cannabis. I have come up with what I believe to be the initial source of this super weed. UBC Professor David Suzuki, doing genetic research (1977), created a polyploid plant (tetraploid) by treating it with colchicine based upon the work of Menzel/Brown and Warmke. This plant was originally a hybrid of Thai (sativa) x Purple Afghani (indica) and was then treated with Colchicine (Autumn Locus bulb). There are certainly other clones that were created by other breeders, especially in Hawaii, but the initial commercial tetraploid was developed in B.C. by the Canadian Government and UBC for Cancer patients. I would estimate that the THC content of polyploids to be well over 30% and maybe up to 40% if grown correctly. Fully grown mother tetraploid plants have been known to sell for $10,000. Clones have been known to sell for $1,000 in the past compared to the standard $5-7 range for diploid clones. Tetraploids are extremely difficult to clone (10-20%) unless special care is taken. The end product is far superior to anything commercially available and even compared to excellent connosseur diploid product due to the doubling of THC.

The resulting F1 hybrid seeds were then grown out and used for cancer patients at UBC. Somebody stole one of the clones that the Canadian Government and David Suzuki had created. It became famous and was then re-created and sold out east as Diesel and as OG Kush on the west coast and as Chemdog in Colorado. These were all colchicine treated plants based upon their work and the popularity of UBC Chemo.

My understanding is that some clones were stolen. This would make more sense. Diploid and Tetraploid crosses produce Triploids that are infertile due to chromosome mismatch. These are known as "Terminator Seeds" (e.g. Diablos Pink Kush) as customers must buy seeds for each crop due to infertility. The resulting generations of seeds will be diploid. Triploids can be treated again, with Colchicine, to create a Hexaploid. This can be then crossed with a tetraploid or diploid to produce tetraploid plants again.

How To Identify Polyploids:
You can identify a polyploid be mere physical appearance and no need to examine the chromosones. Most people have never grown or smoked these real legendary plants. The gangters rap about OG Kush because they had the money to buy this extremely rare connoisseur product. Most product out there is just "wangsta OG".

• Polyploid Traits:
  • Ducksfoot
  • Four sets of leaves at the nodes
  • Stretched (doubled) flowers
  • Dark green leaves
  • Double bud sites
  • Heavy feeder
  • High water consumption
  • Thick meristem
  • Pistil discoloration (pink pistils under black light)
  • Extreme potency
  • Vigour and extra growth on first generation

If your plant (OG Kush or Chemo or Pink Kush or Chem Dawg or Master Kush) does not have four sets of leaves at the nodes then it is NOT a true polyploid plant and it not the real deal. UBC Chemo is a polypolid and had four leaf internodes. These tetraploid cuttings have different names but are believed to all be the famous polyploids named OG Kush, Pink Kush, Chemdog, Diesel, Master Kush etc. These are really heavy feeders due to the double size buds and double the number of leaves and buds and THC glands. This plant is very strange and has a chemical smell to it. UBC Chemo, for example, has a Haze and Kush taste due to the Thai sativa and Afghani indica influences. Polyploid plants are almost twice as strong as diploid plants due to the doubling of THC molecules. These plants are extremely difficult to clone and grow very slowly due to the doubling of leaves unless fed correctly. Water consumption is extremely high. If it only has two leaves then it is a normal diploid and will not have the same effect as the three molecule THC of a polyploid. Three leaves does not necessarily mean it is polyploid as it could be just whorled phyllotaxis (just created by stress, removing leaves and the subsequent regeneration of leaves is deformed). Four leaves does mean polyploid. Triploids, being sterile, must be treated to create hexaploids. These hexapolid can then be used to create seeds that will be polyploids.

WARNING: Colchicine is a extremely toxic alkaloid and is highly poisonous. Long term contact can result in white blood cell anomolies. You cannot smoke a plant that has been treated, post germination, with Colchicine. You can only consume the grown out product of the seeds. You can smoke product that was treated prior to germination. Selective breeding is not genetically modified cannabis. This is genetically modified pot as it was altered at the chromosonal level. Never treat a plant with Colchicine as it will become toxic and will eventually revert to diploid with further treatment. You are changing the molecular structure dynamically and none of the product can be consumed. The correct way is to treat the seeds.

G-13 The story on this is that it was created by the University of Mississippi under the aegis of the infamous Carlton Turner. Apparently this cannot be true as U of M never did genetic engineering. If you Google G-13 you will find it is made by Suzuki. Well David Suzuki did create a GM Genetically Modified plant - Chemo. What letter is the 13th letter of the alphabet? M. So we have G-13 or GM for genetically modified and made by Suzuki. Sounds like an great code name to me. I strongly suspect that G-13 is just the Chemo clone and yet another name for it.

I was offered a cutting of the Chemo plant in Ontario back in the mid 1980's. I had been transferred from B.C. when the recession hit. Several other people from B.C. went to Ontario as well in search of work. We brought out seeds, clones and technology with us. There was a guy who ran a Hydroponics store in Toronto that had the Chemo clone for sale. I cannot remember the price but it was FAR too much money. I did not comprehend the value of this plant at that time and thought he was crazy. Now, after having seen it, I understand.

Famous Tetraploids:
  • UBC Chemo
  • OG Kush
  • Master Kush
  • Pink Kush
Tetraploid marijuana plants have a real dank smell. It is really obvious when you know what you are looking for. I do not recommend growing these plants out as they take far too long to vegetate and require more attention, food and water than normal diploid plants. They could be used in a Sea of Green method but you are really relying on the genetics and not on proper plant development of hormones for optimal THC production. The resulting product is not nearly as good as a full grown plant but it is not bad for the Sea of Green method which normally produces mediocre marijuana at best. If you want to try some triploid Diablos Pink Kush seeds then check out the Seeds

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
What is the source of your info? I have made polyploids from Autumn Locus bulbs for years! I learned about it from my Grand parents. Nothing new to me!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I've grown Reeferman's Pink Kush clone about 12 or so years ago...I grew out Meduser's UBC Chemo and Orange Chemo, grown OG Kush and a pile o OG crosses, and have grown Master Kush every which way to Sunday......all of them kick ass but all completely different

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Of course,this is not knew,just one guys research,Billy Bud.Maybe he is a freak of some soughts;I do not know and I do not care.It's just info.
I used to use anti gibberelic acid,too.But I found now,that there is no need with the "modern" genetics available now!
Like the info says,are your plants growing 4 tips each node.I suspect not.So....polyploid is different to tetraploid.
Meadow Heath was the reference plant used here in Autralia in the 70's,I think for colchocine too.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

This is why breeders like Malberry want to grow land race strains only.Maybe these strains are harmfull to us,if consumed.Not enough research done,yet.
I love to smoke these strains though,all the time! Other strains just don't do it for me.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Found this usefull...and accurate...you might too.

Origins of Pink Kush, OG Kush, Chemdog:

Tetraploid marijuana plants have a real dank smell. It is really obvious when you know what you are looking for. I do not recommend growing these plants out as they take far too long to vegetate and require more attention, food and water than normal diploid plants. They could be used in a Sea of Green method but you are really relying on the genetics and not on proper plant development of hormones for optimal THC production. The resulting product is not nearly as good as a full grown plant but it is not bad for the Sea of Green method which normally produces mediocre marijuana at best. If you want to try some triploid Diablos Pink Kush seeds then check out the Seeds

So, Sea of Green method normally produces mediocre marijuana at best???? Mighty fishy information going on here....

F

forrest salfen

I'll stir the pot a little with some old ass haze info I had in my old computer..

HAZE

"Purple haze was a strain from positronics .
Which is haze x purple#1 . Before that was no such thing as purple
haze . There was only haze from the haze brothers"

SamS,
What a crock, Positronics did not even have any Haze until I gave it to them after the mid 1980's. They crossed Haze with a local Pars Purple outdoor variety that was weak shit pot that had a nice color. FYI, Purple Haze was sold in the early 1970's by the Haze Brothers in Santa Cruz, I should know I smoked it back then every day for years....
BTW, some of the Purple Haze needed cold to turn purple, others did not need cold and were purple even if never cold. Purple Haze was pure Original Haze, and the purple color was not dominate, so easy to lose.

I also like the Silver Blue, and Lime Green Haze better then the Purple Haze, because they were more up, clear, and energetic in the high. But the Purple may have been the strongest Haze and got the top prices. It also looked great.

Did eneyone ever hear the band the Original Haze? Jerry Miller from the Moby Grape started the group in the 70's after smoking the Original Haze in Santa Cruz. He loved the Haze and bought a lot!!!-SamS

joellama,
The question is "i'm pretty sure the haze bros have kept a clone or two or original haze"

SamS,
First of all neither Haze Brother is still a grower, second they never made clones or used clones when they were growers. But if you are pretty sure then you must be right, even though you have never met the Haze brothers or smoked any of "their" Original Haze, have you?-SamS

The haze bros. gave birth to the strain that is the real purple haze. The columbian part of the haze was done by the haze bros. It is this original columbian pheno that came to be known as the purple haze. Their original haze was created by using several landraces: mexican, thai, Indian and columbian. This line was never stabilized by them, but passed on as seeds and eventually clones. wernard of positronics fame had two or three of the original clones and made seeds with them years ago. Among the clones he had, was the purple pheno or purple haze. nevil and Shantitaba also both posess the original haze line(haze bros) and are still working with them(although they only sell hybrids). Purple haze is still out there, either in seeds or clones. I know several people with seeds via the bros, but haven't seen the purple clone in several years. But I'm sure there are many others who hold their clone or seeds very close.

I think alot of the mixup on this strain and doubts have stemmed from songs and for the fact that many people call any purple weed, purple haze due to it's hype. Although, this makes it more difficult to verify for some and a myth like G13, there is still a real purple haze around. That being said, there are probably 5000 to 1 hybrids of the haze around compared to the original. This is for many reasons. easy of growth and finishing time being the most common. And this has not really diluted the line, just made it much harder for the average customer/grower to obtain, as many haven't preserved or sold their original, never crossed lines.

I also have to say, I find an African haze very hard to believe. I have grown pure sativas for close to thirty years, many being African, columbian, and thai. I have never once found an african sativa that even slightly resembled a pure haze. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ragging on you or anything, as it's possible you may hold the only african haze in your garden, and it's never seen the light of day or by anyone else for that matter. Just my personal
experience. take care GM

I passed on the Purple Haze from Positronics, but Posi was the source of my Haze pictured, Positronics "Original Haze". Their "Purple Haze" was a hybrid i believe w/maybe purple#1?. You'll have to check with Sam Skunkman as to what the other component in the Purple Haze was, he was doing the breeding for them at the time. What folks really want is the pure haze, but they just can't get that song out of their heads Best Regards,Tom

Hello all
it seems all of you are deeply moved by trying to prove some points here. Maybe I can try and clarify somethings for you.Nev and Sam worked on several things together at one stage in their careers. This meant there was shared work in seed and clone form. The Haze originals and the Skunk lines were two of these . The Haze bros were their original source of Haze in seed form. However after people begin working on seed from this point on only their particular versions of what they gave names to were based on their particular versions of that line. So of course differences will be manifest in breeding lines.

While Nev and I and Arjan joined forces Nev did his lines and I did for the GHSco selling our versions originally under the GHSco name. While Sam and Dave and others did their thing and in their versions (selection). The Sensi seed was originally Nev who supplied Ben with strains to sell in his shops. When Nev finished with Sensi like when Nev and I finished with GHSco we took our versions of the cup winning pedigrees away leaving only the strains that were owned jointly by the seed companies in question. What happened to the Haze and breeding programs at Sensi and GHSco neither Nev or I can be responsible for. What is clear is now at Mr Nice Seedbank the original versions of selected female and male plants that won all those cups with our old seed companies got a home together. What Sam
and the others did with their versions I and Nev can also not be sure. So if this helps clear up some of your myths I will be glad as I think that the proof is in the pudding. Grow out the versions and see for yourselves if you are still a skeptic...that is always my solution to curb all the bullshit that is floating in hot air.
All the best Shantibaba

There was also lots of 'Hazes' or 'Haze herb' so everyone might be right, as it was a generic termingology for being 'hazed' out, applied to the best herb...imho.

From the 50s there was great Mex and Colombian imports into the US, mostly small private importers i would assume. From the early 60s the communes in Cali where trying to grow/acclimatise some of these import genetics.

Haze was a generic name coined by them for these lines i think. As the seeds for many of these early grows would have been bag seed the name would have been chosen to fit, and what a perfect fit the name 'Haze' is for the Best S.American Sativas..but no one knows the varieties that went into any of these other lines. As prior to landraces being collected in the 60/70's there was only really seed from import, odd seeds here and there from mostly unknown strains. Collections of specific cultivars collected at source started in the 60s, and KIA4S one of the very first and all time greatest collectors..When the returnees from the early Nam excursions came home there was also Thai experience available, this from the mid to late 50's! Many of the Cali communes where growing and developing 'Haze' lines to fuel the rapidly expanding market in Cali. Nam returnees are recorded as saying they where 'Hazed' in the jungle in Thailand in the late 50s on great Thais. Special Ops returnees, in '56..The biggest suppliers at the time in Cali where also becoming highly organised and profficent growers to back up the imports and produce insitu in Cali..but they where also seeking out and bringing back the best herb from most corners of the great herb growing regions, South America and Asia particulary. It must have been a incredibly connisuer market in Cali at the time. So if the 'Origional Haze' was the best of these, ever, it must have been just as incredible and legendry as its described to be, i can believe it to be like a lick of Acid.
Only looks like a couple of these Haze lines have remained in pure forms. Albeit many times inbred from the origionals. The 'Origional Haze' marketed and developed by the Haze Bros was indeed the most famous, maybe because of its BOEL connection, the most expensive ever and last of the truly great 'Hazes', purely bred to feed that real old school hippy market who had been brought up on the absolute finest landrace Sativas from South America and Asia. So it must have been good.
Thanks to the Haze bros and KIA4s, BOEL etc we have the great legend of the 'Origional Haze', the one sold in Cali in the 70's with the posters, tshirts, etc, and proberly the best herb grown anywhere on earth at the time, but not the only Haze lines there where. They started breeding their Haze in 69/70 i think. KIA4S is 100% right as usual, the only 'Origional Haze' there is, is from the lines of the 'Haze Bros' of Santa Cruz, and thanks to him, the third Haze brother, its been shared with the world, the legendry Origional Haze, possibly the best herb grown anywhere on earth, ever! but not the only Haze.Just my take on it..Queijo

Top Bottom