lets talk overgrow.com

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrTools9

MrTools9

Wow ....I remember the good guys....Shanti,Dman,Heath,and a whole bunch of others....I still Rock some great gear from Dman...Man I would love to hear from that dude....

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

I sent Dman some beans,I chucked,called Triple Treat (Double Fun Bx)and have never heard from,ever since...

MrTools9

MrTools9

Burning Bush ...PM me....Im a CareTaker in Mi. lets talk....Im not new to this ....Im True to this.

fractal

fractal

What is the source of your info? I have made polyploids from Autumn Locus bulbs for years! I learned about it from my Grand parents. Nothing new to me!
How do you accomplish this, enlighten us please mark?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s dangerous and not worth doing most of the time if you ask me.

fractal

fractal

Agreed more facts , stories , lie's whatever keep them coming makes for interesting read.... questions 1) who was the first seed bank
2) what was the rage before o g (besides white widow)
3) which forum is the most populated currently
4) who is tom hill ?
5) what is the largest plant yield wise you have seen or grown .......
I could help you out with #4 but then I would have to kill you, for real.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

1.Park Davis owned and sold Escalating Skunk and Haze seeds,back in the twenties and thirties,as did other pharmacutical companies,before prohibition.The 1800's was the golden age of medical ganja.
Others claim The Seed Bank was first to sell seeds world wide,I agree that they were the first to advertise this and they were the first and only seed bank to rip me off!!! (cheers Neville).
I would say that the San Francsisco Hippies,Emerald Triangle Farmers ,Gold Coast of BC farmers,combined with Vietnam Vets,Hells Angels,The CIA,and Gangsters.world travellers,Florida Farmers and Alaskan Farmers and The Underground.all contributed to the culture florishing in Amsterdam,and the Yellow Submarine was the first Coffee shop to be "friendly",owned by Wernart.
Others can chime in and tell me I am wrong,but it's close to the truth.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

2.Kush or Hindu Kush Hash Plant,Afghan Hash plant,Cashmere HashPlant have ALWAYS been better than ANY created seeds in Amsterdam,full stop!!!
Northern Lights Original is the most reliable,and it's half Hash Plant anyways!!!
Super Skunk of the 90's,was absolutely mind blowing,but,both of these strains made you very tired. I made a strain called Boomi(late 90's) out of African x SK #1 that became legend!
Southern Europe,Turkey
Old Persia,India,Hindu Kush,Pakistani,Chitral,Nepalese,Tibet,Bhutan,Cashmere,
Afghanastan,and the surrounds of these places,will ALWAYS produce the best seeds naturally,anywhere on earth,for hash or bud!
These strains grown in the Islands like Jamdown or Highwhyii,become staple diet!
3.None will ever compare to OG Forum.That's why She is called OGKush!!!...sshhh...
4.To Hill is a hippie....type...
5.Seen,over 10 pounds.
Grown myself,over three pounds.
Only big root systems will produce big results.Some strains grow bigger root systems than others.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Mr Tools9,I am sure you can get ya hands on the same seeds,if not better than me,I'm in a drockonian cuntry state called down under.
For instance BCBD has Fire OG BX3 available,right now,so I'll be useing those fo sho!!!

summitoker

summitoker

wow great fuckin thread. I remember one of my first grows in fact several of my first grows were from seeds gifted to me by friends at overgrow. Vietnam black x northern lights really stands out, wish I still had those. LUI and sweet tooth were huge....Crazy to think back, about all the strains, user names that are long gone, how much everything has changed. Crap I feel old.

MrTools9

MrTools9

Thanks Burning Bush!!!

I just put in for some Fire OG ,And lucked up on some Green Crack that I have been digging for....The Green Crack are Fems,bout i will take them...lol

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

I have Pink Kush Sr-71 femms in at the moment,from Kitty Katana,and all I can say is...
haleulljah!!!
What a plant!
Similar to the Bubba Og from Dr Greens but an even bigger yielding structure,in a very short stout round shape with even crowns,top to bottom!
Really golden green pale lookin' and unique structured leaves as well.
Can't wait to see her true colors in flower time...very soon!
Peace,from the Wizard of Oz.
(that is,the original Wizard of Oz,not the peeps on icmag;nothing to do with me;they just thought it was a cool name;and could not care less about me) of compasss
The reason for this tag,is the proof,that nobody knows everything,and if you pretend,you'll get caught out;but,everybody has something good to offer,if given the right situation,where we are honored for our innate abilities through compassion;within human reason.)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
N on
wow great fuckin thread. I remember one of my first grows in fact several of my first grows were from seeds gifted to me by friends at overgrow. Vietnam black x northern lights really stands out, wish I still had those. LUI and sweet tooth were huge....Crazy to think back, about all the strains, user names that are long gone, how much everything has changed. Crap I feel old.

None of those strains are gone just not sold very often by seed companies because there always on to the next thing. For instance I don`t have VB x NL but I do have both strains themselves. Also have LUI and sweet tooth. I collect seed strains for breeding. Been doing that for almost as long as I`ve been growing.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Anybody got experience or info on this?

RM 24

Got some Afghani/Nepali x Kerala Hybrid from Karma to preserve, figured some of you guys might now something!

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Sounds like a white widow!
Master Thai worked with all the old lines,and has now Green Dragon,Sour Blue Thai etc...
Can't really find any one else with the original SSSC lines.
I do like Positronics Purple Haze though,for looks!

fractal

fractal

Overgrow.. what memories. I was "Heavy Fuel" there, names that pop to my head: Kindagaum, Benttech, Memyselfandi .. memy once sent me some free seeds, AK47 crosses. Buying seeds via cash in the mail only from Heavens Stairway, Seedsdirect. Steve Tucks Herijuana. A brave new world for me.

I still have one of those white card thingie with a plastic washer that Heavens Stairway shipped the seeds in.
Herijuana was a big deal! When I lived in seattle back in '02 I drove to vancouver to meet Tuck and buy some herijuana seeds from him at the smoke cafe there. Smoked some hash with him and some bud that I smuggled IN to canada to show him. That does not happen to often I would say.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

I bought BDLUI,Blue Domino x LUI,just before she went down.It was bomb,but not as good as Reefermans Grapefruit!
Pure Juice!

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

I wasn't quite ready to do a swap of Larry Og with Larry,when she went down,imagine that!
I had Shriji crankin' at the time.He wanted it if I could make seeds in time,but it was not to be; Shriji was another great,to vanish.

jonesovergro

jonesovergro

hello my friends! I don't know it all but I was there from the beginning. I even contributed to "the new server fund" when overgrow.com started to grow with new membership and things were getting slow. I was not an owner, nor even a well-known member and not much of a "good" grower...but

I was registered as Jones on overgrow.com. That place was my virtual home since ~shabang went online. I was fortunate to meet some great people on that site.

~shabang was a good moderator and had a good thing going--there is a lot of backstory to overgrow.com that I'll find and post at a later date. I also have two original overgrow.com T-shirts ~shabang created with his motto printed "Stop Smoking Schwag". That shirt has helped me get hooked up at many festivals.

anyway, I was fortunate enough to get some original Grimm Bros. C99 from overgrow, and even some F1 C88s, when the brothers made their announcement that they were retiring from the community we all freaked... I got Early Girl seeds from HempDepot out of Canada who I think was selling seed strains like Mikado, Sweet Island Skunk and others and I think still does have seeds on the market. i don't know...I think he had some Willy's Wonder strains and also some DJ Shorts strains which for a while was the very much sought after. White Widow was the star then and Northern Lights was like a constant must have strain and AK47 and Jack Herer were huge and even the original Mantanuska Thunderfuck (ATF) from Alaska was floating around. I also got some original Big Bud seeds, some Super Skunk and some original Romulan--I still have a sealed coinpack with 1 seed of Bubblegum stored in my collection.

BOG and I emailed privately for awhile before he went solo-I still have some of his bubblegum and bogglegum seeds-He was hilarious, working out of an old barn in the mountains-he used to tell stories about bears and shit and post photos of his setup which was a barn--he grew HUGE Colas. I remember him posting photos of his work and even when he discovered the bubblegum taste in one phenotype and if I'm not mistaken, that was the beginning of that strain's fame for the most part anyway. He would take photos of each HUGE Cola and plant while standing in his living room with full on open robe and ALWAYS with a vacuum cleaner next to him, bc a member saw the vac in one of his first posts and it stuck as one of his odd things he did. He was and still is a good dude.

I also was fortunate enough to hook up with Bubbleman and get one of the very early sets of BubbleBags for hash extraction-which i still have also--he was even kind enough to send me his 'personal' tiniest micron bag--which he later phased out of production. He used to post beautiful images of Bald Eagles in the snow off the pacific northwest coast and even his MaineCoon (sp?) cat--not to mention tons of the gooyest water/ice hash known to us back in 1998 or maybe 99. I'm pretty much sure he "invented" bubble hash as we know it in the states. He would post close up shots of the hash in his pipe bubbling mid hit...not many of us had seen such quality ice hash, ever. He really outgrew overgrow.com once his products started to hit the market-but I think he's still online--

I also got F1's from ReeferMan and another dude-might have been him or REZ--can't remember--one dude went nuts with his seeds and started clouding up the market with some bad or unpredictable F1's, especially some C99 F1's he pushed real hard. I think he's around and if CBay is still up you'll probably find him there... and I also traded with many other members--F1's mostly. I got some great smooth Hindu Kush seeds from Heaven's Stairway and a ton of Skunk and Skunk#1 from GypsyNirvana who started Nirvana seed line,.. also he resold Serious Seeds out of Amsterdam which still has some legendary strains and I got some great afghani and skunk seeds there-also i got some Flo from Serious seeds, which was not a very good strain--Gypsy is still online at NirvanaShop and from what I read--some ex members are still hating on him bc somehow he is or is alleged to be part of the downfall of overgrow.com--idk, something like he got too big for overgrow or he and ~shabang or RC of Heaven's Stairway or Marc Emery were all sniping over turf or some stupid shit while the Canadian mounties were zeroing in on RC-and he ran... Anyway Gypsy was always good to me--he started selling KIEF boxes online after a member showed us how to build them and then got into breeding his own seeds and made a house brand seed line which is still on the market. He started taking on a huge presence on overgrow.com which grew to irritate some.

I remember, trying to scrape up enough money to buy some seeds from RC at Heaven's Stairway--I finally got some and I even got seeds from Emery--he was a wildcard and unpredictable--but to his credit he fought hard for the cause--and i think eventually a lot of other people went down, including overgrow.com due to his bravado/ego/dedication/and his ability to sing like a bird from what I understand.

Also I met shantibaba at the cannabis cup in Amsterdam, hung out at Greenhouse where I bought some great Haze seeds. Incredibly the original Mr. Nice showed up on overgrow.com, very quietly, and everyone was in awe. He was and is one of the most interesting marijuana pioneers ever.

Also if you have ever heard of a strain called Duckfoot--check it out--an overgrow member in England was cultivating a plant that had a leaf that looked just like the three web toes on a duckfoot--he tried to isolate that phenotype/gene and breed it with some skunk--i'm not sure how that turned out, but he was hoping to make it a stealth cannabis plant which would have a different leaf than the one we now know. Also I remember one member who experimentally grew some plants in the top of some trees in some hanging baskets high up in the tops, so no one could spot them from the ground--he kept a photo journal and it worked--that was great. Also Dr. Greenthumb was on overgrow.com, and he was vocal but kinda full of zest and a little ignorance, but i think he's online moving his seed strain and doing ok.

Also, i remember turning the owner of Discount-Hydro onto overgrow.com after doing business with him. His shop is now huge and he's a really nice guy--email him, I'm sure he's got some things to share about overgrow.com

That's a big message about overgrow.com--everyone was nice to each other--very little sniping or trying to best each other existed. Of course we had some trolls as they used to say but most everyone was honestly trying to get some good stable stock to work with in stealthy efficient way. Tips and info and mostly the truth was ever present.

I learned most of what i know about horticulture/nursery management/entymology/propagation/irrigation/nutrient and nutrient deficiencies etc from overgrow.com...especially soil and hydroponics from overgrow.com. It further inspired me, believe it or not to get a masters degree in environmental studies packed with horticulture and native plant hours. In fact, my professors were totally cool when i showed them my version of an aerocloner as well as a home made flood and drain table made kinda like an (NFT) from rain gutters, pvc and ball float-which were all projects done on overgrow.com...and. I wish i could remember the guy's name but anyway, the first documented aeroponic cloner was built by an overgrow.com member who posted photos of how to build them--also I forget the dude who was into deep water culture (DWC)-which is basically a net pot plant in an aerated 5 gallon bucket with a hole cut in the bucket top--well he made a huge contribution to the world of closet growing and DIY hydroponic and water cultivation.

Speaking of which, Subdude basically launched his career on overgrow.com. I remember everyone of his photo posts--his step by step construction for DIY was and is brilliant. Honestly, Subdude-now of TGA seeds-built cabinets that evolved into architectural stealth genius. At the time most members were just perfecting Sea of Green (SOG) and even Screen of Green (SCROG) cabinet growing and Subdude built the most impressive efficient cabinets the community had ever seen...and his product was so so so beautiful--frosty frosty perfection--i think mostly bubblegum. He's still working at TGA seeds and is online, in fact I recently got some of his (Subdude's) Cheese Quake strain and its so nice, my lab tested it at 19% THC. He knows overgrow backwards and forwards.

I have fond memories of hanging out on overgrow.com. I'm glad others find joy in reading and learning about the site and the members who frequented there and really appreciate the ex members that are here and keeping the community strong. We need to write a book.
jones

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow, it took me all morning to read this thread from beginning to... here. Amazing stories, thanks to everyone for sharing!

My own growing experience is in two parts; six years of growing in the Dark Ages of 25 years ago, with some techniques that were ahead of their time and others that weren't. Then, after a bust, a long hiatus until my mom- yes, my own mom told me to have a look at the industry again back in 2010, and I jumped back in with both feet!

The stories of seeds and steaks are fascinating to me, but they only create in me a greater determination to pursue my own, complementary passion; to learn to grow this plant better, with less inputs and greater efficiency...

Top Bottom