Locke box's outdoor side grow

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Just went out and checked again in the sunlight, haven't found any new damage. However on the runs plant it is spitting out some weird round three finger leaves, hoping not a revenge from the security light. Lots of trichomes developing on that plant though
IMG 20220713 073239632
IMG 20220713 073321420

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Getting hit with a double whammy! Never had a good experience with a reveg but all of mine have been from putting the plans out too early in the year. Be nice if you could somehow block the light from the security light. Probably wouldn’t hurt to put a trap in each pot. See what happens. I only use victor rat traps, so I can’t comment on the effectiveness of the various other kinds. Also they can be kind of hard on the heart when they go off when you are placing it. Lol. Get after it!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Also if using victors, it’s always a good idea to lanyard the trap to something so larger rats don’t runoff with it. They’re pretty cheap though.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Getting hit with a double whammy! Never had a good experience with a reveg but all of mine have been from putting the plans out too early in the year. Be nice if you could somehow block the light from the security light. Probably wouldn’t hurt to put a trap in each pot. See what happens. I only use victor rat traps, so I can’t comment on the effectiveness of the various other kinds. Also they can be kind of hard on the heart when they go off when you are placing it. Lol. Get after it!
Oh well you know, rodents would have been too easy so the universe threw me the re-veg to take on too lol. The White widow plant is continuing to veg like normal so I'm not sure why the runts would start to flower and then reveg. The White widow actually sits closer to the light and probably blocks a lot of it from hitting the runts plant. I did put the runts plant outside in like April I think but it was a 9 in hopeless seedling at the time whereas the White widow didn't go outside until almost June. Could that be the possible culprit? I'll get some rat traps but as far as the reveg goes I've just got to wait and watch huh?

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Okay little update from last post, rat traps are a no-go my wife is worried it'll hurt the cat because she jumps in the pots from time to time.
Played hooky from work today haha think I'm going to cruise by the grow store later. I haven't given these plants any nutrients in over a month so I think it might be time to look into an organic dry amendment that I can just top dress and water as normal

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
As far as I know that’s all you can do on the reveg. Don’t have much experience with that. Maybe get some input from others. And they make traps that are safe and sane for mice. You just have to research traps and find something that will appease the wife. Rats are probably too big For that stuff so hope it’s mice.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Some thing was out of whack on the reveger Anyway. No way it should be flowering this early if it was a photo unless you forced it to flower.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Some thing was out of whack on the reveger Anyway. No way it should be flowering this early if it was a photo unless you forced it to flower.
If I forced it to flower it was an accident lol, I didn't change or do anything other than transplant to 20 gal. Well this seed was kinda wack from the start. I bought an ounce of chryo cured weed from the dispensary and found one seed in the entire thing, and that one seed was dented and had a crater in the side of it and surprised the s*** out of me when it even germinated. I don't think it's an auto though because I planted it way back in March, it just hardly grew at all for its first two months 🤣

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Still waiting on the seeds to break the soil. Not really sure when to water again. The 100⁰ sun tends to dry things a little faster than LEDs

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
A lot of times when I water I will uncover those top roots also. Have often wondered if I should be taking some wet dirt and covering them back up. I guess maybe they get hardened to being exposed and it’s not a big deal because I don’t always cover them back up.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

A lot of times when I water I will uncover those top roots also. Have often wondered if I should be taking some wet dirt and covering them back up. I guess maybe they get hardened to being exposed and it’s not a big deal because I don’t always cover them back up.
I've been recovering them until yesterday. I left them exposed with the thought of a tree in mind with it's massive roots roots exposed at the base of the trunk

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Just got home from work a little while ago. The temperature is around 100 without a single cloud in the sky.

The seedling pots were DRY, a little too much for my liking. Watered each 100 ml around the center area.

Noticed the ABxTGC is almost to the surface, throughout the brown I could make out that little green candy cane about 1/8" down.

Looks like my man trustfall is 2 for 2, first to germ and first to sprout. Well assuming that drought didnt interfere lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Maybe it’s too hot to grow Outdoors back there. Looks like you’re in for a brutal week! Ha ha ha!

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Maybe it’s too hot to grow Outdoors back there. Looks like you’re in for a brutal week! Ha ha ha!
I won't give up just yet, I've got faith lol. And at the end of the day, I've got the indoor if all else fails 😁

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

So when I left the house for work this morning at 1:30 a.m., both sprouts had shed their seed casing and broke through the soil.
The high is only 98° today so hopefully by the time I make it back home at 4:00 they won't be too dry.
They sit under my roof overhang on the west side of the house so they get direct sunlight from about 2:00 p.m. till sunset. I hope the lack of morning light doesn't cause them to stretch but I figured with my work schedule that would be best

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

A warm welcome for the newest addition to my outdoor garden.
Lol not sure If they're leaning towards the sun or leaning towards dehydration
IMG 20220715 163535217
IMG 20220715 163520604

It's only been 24 hours since I watered them 100 ml. Not sure if I need to water, don't want to overwater but don't want to dry em and fry em In the sun

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just play it by feel I guess. Easier to tell in the solos. Born right in the middle of a heat wave. Hardened from birth.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Regarding roots developing above soil, the big roots don’t do much on their own. It’s the smaller roots off those that take in water and nutrients. If you can cover all roots with another couple inches of soil do it. I’ve got similar situation with my plants and I’ll be covering them today.

Top Bottom