Looking for product buying advice.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have not read through all the posts ... If this light has already been mentioned, it's received a second endorsement:

Bang for buck it's very enticing. I don't own it and have not used it ... but I am considering it as an upgrade to my quantum boards.

I have 2 flower tents. Both are 5' x 5'. I'm running this light in my main tent: https://www.growgeneration.com/prod...720-horticulture-led-grow-light-system-1.html

I love it, but the ION listed above uses the same components and is several hundred dollars cheaper.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Yeah. it's almost not worth growing. There is so much weed that if there is even a slight problem with it you might aswell compost it. It's never been like this before. Legal weed is just gross though. Always waxy or peppery bullshit.
When I was in LA I was pretty happy but it was my first experience in a legal store. The stores in Mass are pale in comparison. My first stop from LAX was a dispensary. I could have bought enough to last my 3 weeks there but I didn’t. I went almost everyday because of the novelty. Many different stores. They do it right. I don’t have enough time and experience to remember what bud quality was. I also had my uncle get me an oz the old fashioned way because it was cheaper. I also don’t remember because I was eating edibles by the hour, smoking, drinking THC drinks. lol. I thought the edibles weren’t working. They’ve never been great for me because I prefer a head thing. I ended up buying a 500mg brownie. It was big. I ate the whole thing driving back to gramps house from the store. I’d been there probably 10 days at this point. About 35 mins after I got back to the house we were getting ready for jeopardy and I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I said, “boy, I think the jet lag caught up (10 days later) I’m going to go to bed early.” Knocked me the hell out hahaha. I have quite a tolerance too.

growsince79

growsince79

I have grown some pretty decent autos that would leave a dent in ya.
I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just haven't seen it yet. And unless it better than any and all photos, I wouldn't even try to grow it. My closet is light proof I have a timer and plenty of great seeds, so why bother.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have not read through all the posts ... If this light has already been mentioned, it's received a second endorsement:

Bang for buck it's very enticing. I don't own it and have not used it ... but I am considering it as an upgrade to my quantum boards.

I have 2 flower tents. Both are 5' x 5'. I'm running this light in my main tent: https://www.growgeneration.com/prod...720-horticulture-led-grow-light-system-1.html

I love it, but the ION listed above uses the same components and is several hundred dollars cheaper.
I saw that light too and thought I was going to switch from the HLG 600 to it. The price difference stopped me. I am still stuck in my head over the recommend PPM from a neutral source. The HLG doesn’t meet it. The Roi does. I just can’t afford it. But! I have heard from plenty of people who use the HLG and love it. Now I’m confused again. I was ready to order. Once I place the first order things will start to move. I still have to clean the spot which isn’t an easy job.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just haven't seen it yet. And unless it better than any and all photos, I wouldn't even try to grow it. My closet is light proof I have a timer and plenty of great seeds, so why bother.
I have a whole bunch of auto seeds. Seed banks send them as freebies ... I'm still growing photo-period plants and probably always will.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
$375 an ounce? Fucking crazy.
Going rate here too. It’s as it’s always been. You can get regular decent stuff for $260-$280 but anything with punch they can get the $375 and more all day. If not, they’d drop it. They aren’t throwing it away.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
It’s almost certain to be better than what I’m getting now. I hear what you are saying and I have to decide what is best. The goal of this has always been my own thing from seed to cure. That’s where I’m going. I’m just gun shy. Losing the outdoor crop (I have some but was way too early) really did a number on me. Depression/anxiety plays into that. Don’t want to get to far into the weeds here but it flipped me into a manic period. I’m trying to get out of it. I haven’t slept more than 4 hours in a week. I’ve learned a lot already and am almost ready to get started. I am worried about failure.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a photo fan too. Just saying growers should keep an open mind to auto’s. There are some good ones. That GSC I posted a picture of isn’t one of them and has been going to edibles. I’m not a fan of buds that are covered in hairs which that is. It was finished. Just no eye appeal and the smoke flavor is so so. But it will get you pretty stoned if you smoke it. Pretty good yield to. Out of the four autos in that grow the GSC accounted for almost half the total finished weight. 14 oz from 4 autos isn’t bad. The other three, a Jack Herer, a Gelato, and Vanilla Latte. That Vanilla Latte is fire. The Jack is pretty decent, and the Gelato should have went in the burn pit.

growsince79

growsince79

Going rate here too. It’s as it’s always been. You can get regular decent stuff for $260-$280 but anything with punch they can get the $375 and more all day. If not, they’d drop it. They aren’t throwing it away.
Just a few years ago weed was expensive here. Now I see signs advertising $3 grams and $50ozs. Probably not worth smoking though...

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a photo fan too. Just saying growers should keep an open mind to auto’s. There are some good ones. That GSC I posted a picture of isn’t one of them and has been going to edibles. I’m not a fan of buds that are covered in hairs which that is. It was finished. Just no eye appeal and the smoke flavor is so so. But it will get you pretty stoned if you smoke it. Pretty good yield to. Out of the four autos in that grow the GSC accounted for almost half the total finished weight. 14 oz from 4 autos isn’t bad. The other three, a Jack Herer, a Gelato, and Vanilla Latte. That Vanilla Latte is fire. The Jack is pretty decent, and the Gelato should have went in the burn pit.
I have to consider this a bit more. Now that I’ve discovered this forum, maybe I should be less afraid. I can come for answers to problems that arise or just ask something I’m unsure of. What I know is I can’t have another failed try. I just can’t.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Just a few years ago weed was expensive here. Now I see signs advertising $3 grams and $50ozs. Probably not worth smoking though...
Well, I can get that too. I just wouldn’t. It’s crap. This isn’t what most ppl would call garbage or average. They love it. It’s seedless, nice smell, can be sticky (sometimes). It’s just probably old. Too much light exposure etc. I just call it commercial. I could get better stuff but I’d have to pay for it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I saw that light too and thought I was going to switch from the HLG 600 to it. The price difference stopped me. I am still stuck in my head over the recommend PPM from a neutral source. The HLG doesn’t meet it. The Roi does. I just can’t afford it. But! I have heard from plenty of people who use the HLG and love it. Now I’m confused again. I was ready to order. Once I place the first order things will start to move. I still have to clean the spot which isn’t an easy job.
The ROI-E720 has done a very good job. It's pricey, yes, but it cost less than the HLG Scorpion Diablo by a couple hundred when I bought it. If the ION-720 was available at my local "go to" hydro store, I would have bought it. It was out of stock ... so I bought the ROI instead of waiting for the ION to be shipped through the mail. I did get 6 month zero interest through a credit card promo so the ROI deal worked out well for me anyway.

The ION should give ample light for flower in a 5 x 5 tent due to it's reflective sidewalls. It has the same components as my ROI and my ROI does a beautiful job for me.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have to consider this a bit more. Now that I’ve discovered this forum, maybe I should be less afraid. I can come for answers to problems that arise or just ask something I’m unsure of. What I know is I can’t have another failed try. I just can’t.
If you start right, come here for help, and don’t over love those plants you’ll succeed. The number 1 killer of our plants is to much love. Give it what it needs and no more and then sit back and enjoy the show.

growsince79

growsince79

I want to grow something that has the possibility of being the best ever. Even the auto guys I know, admit they ain't there yet.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
The ROI-E720 has done a very good job. It's pricey, yes, but it cost less than the HLG Scorpion Diablo by a couple hundred when I bought it. If the ION-720 was available at my local "go to" hydro store, I would have bought it. It was out of stock ... so I bought the ROI instead of waiting for the ION to be shipped through the mail. I did get 6 month zero interest through a credit card promo so the ROI deal worked out well for me anyway.

The ION should give ample light for flower in a 5 x 5 tent due to it's reflective sidewalls. It has the same components as my ROI and my ROI does a beautiful job for me.
It meets all the specs I know are needed. The PPM mostly. It exceeds what the calculator told me. I know they are exaggerating on the ad so I’m sure it’s in the right range. It’s less than the ROI and now I’m confused by what to do again. Haha.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
If you start right, come here for help, and don’t over love those plants you’ll succeed. The number 1 killer of our plants is to much love. Give it what it needs and no more and then sit back and enjoy the show.
On the list is a temp/humidity monitor that will display on my phone or on a separate display in a room. I’ll look at them through the window. I’m doing this according to what I’ve learned from each of you.

freezeland2

freezeland2

On the list is a temp/humidity monitor that will display on my phone or on a separate display in a room. I’ll look at them through the window. I’m doing this according to what I’ve learned from each of you.
Inkbird?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I want to grow something that has the possibility of being the best ever. Even the auto guys I know, admit they ain't there yet.
I understand but I don’t need that this minute. I need medicine in an affordable way. Almost anything I grow fresh, dry and cure myself, is going to be better than what I’m buying. That was the idea behind the autos. Just to get a quick crop and then begin from seed. I want to be able to say, “yea, I did this.” So, an auto won’t do that. It could just get me what I need sooner. I am going to look into photo strains that finish quicker. I am still worried about failure though. I wouldn’t be able to handle it. How do I tell you I’m insane without telling you I’m insane? lol. I shouldn’t make light of it or joke. I don’t want to offend anyone. Of course I’m not insane. I have an illness, I joke with myself about it though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom