Luv weed hate growing weed

• Thread starter Mbresch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I guess my point was a bit illusive. We have it worked out now, a division of labor so to speak.

M

Mbresch

So I'm still confused as when were suppose to start the flowering stage? Any Tips or ideas?

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
So I'm still confused as when were suppose to start the flowering stage? Any Tips or ideas?
in reality if it's a photo starting flower is kinda ... when do you want to??

do i switch to flower checklist -

are your plants healthy?
have you recently given it a trim or heavy stress factor?
Are they in the final pots for the grow?
Is the grow environment ready for the plants possibly doubling in size?
are they big enough that you will be satisfied with no new branches and the current budsite quantity?

there's so many more factors but to me those are my personal factors before i flip my photos.

i try to never flip a sick, stressed or recently (24-48 hrs after defol/trimming) plant into flower. i want them to be in A+ standing when go.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

This is where I’m at. What should I be looking for to start flowering?
You could top the taller ones if you want to get a more even canopy, then give it like 3 weeks more veg and flip to 12/12.
Plants look good and healthy though thats a plus.

M

Mbresch

You could top the taller ones if you want to get a more even canopy, then give it like 3 weeks more veg and flip to 12/12.
Plants look good and healthy though thats a plus.
Is there a good place on here that tells how to top plants?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I don’t have netting up and I’m ready to go into flowering stage? Is this something I need to do?
If you're going to top your plants, you will need to make the cuts and then wait a few weeks before flipping to 12/12. If you choose not to top, you can go ahead and start your 12/12 at any time. There's trade-offs to both. Pick one and run with it.

M

Mbresch

So another question? We started the flowering process and switched the light to 12/12 how long after we started that does it take to see something?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So another question? We started the flowering process and switched the light to 12/12 how long after we started that does it take to see something?
About 10-14 days on average. Sometimes sooner. There's variation between strains and with how old the plant is. If they were already showing preflowers, you could see your plants flowering in 8-10 days.

Check for light leaks if you haven't already. It's important not to overlook this.

M

Mbresch

So the plants have been doing really well, but just today they got droopy. We watered them 2 nights ago with some generic feed.

Did we mess them up?

How much do u trim off do u just trim off everything that doesn’t look like the 22nd picture?

7DAD81C8 DE32 43E0 A7F6 9426FCD95C45
6FD492D8 56CB 45A3 A101 3356EA6A3761
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

So the plants have been doing really well, but just today they got droopy. We watered them 2 nights ago with some generic feed.

Did we mess them up?

How much do u trim off do u just trim off everything that doesn’t look like the 22nd picture?
Is your dirt dry? My girls are now feeding at almost a gallon and a half every 2 days and I just flipped them into flower today so I'm not far behind you. If the dirt is dry then their feeding at an accelerated rate. That is a good thing.

Sometimes when lights just go on I notice the leaves are kind of droopy but they seem to perk up after an hour or so.

M

Mbresch

So plants are growing enormous! That’s good. The flowering stage is moving along. Do we need to keep trimming the bottoms off? How much should you trim???

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So plants are growing enormous! That’s good. The flowering stage is moving along. Do we need to keep trimming the bottoms off? How much should you trim???

Personally, I trim all bud spots that will give me larf. You should be able to get most of it during the first week or so of stretch. You may have to do some periodic cleaning afterwards but try to limit that once you've got good flowering going on.

Others might have more input.

M

Mbresch

Personally, I trim all bud spots that will give me larf. You should be able to get most of it during the first week or so of stretch. You may have to do some periodic cleaning afterwards but try to limit that once you've got good flowering going on.

Others might have more input.
How do u know which ones have or are going to be lard?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

As a rule of thumb I try and keep my canopy depth no more than 8" - 9" inches deep at most.

Honestly, there really isn't a "right" answer to that because it depends on you and your grow style but generally you want to remove any leaves that aren't productive to the plant. Leaves that are shading bud sites on top of the canopy and any leaves that are dying or not getting light under the canopy. I would also look at areas where you have a dense cluster of leaves. You want to thin these areas out so that you have good airflow through the canopy. Doing this will lessen the chances of mold or powdery mildew from taking hold in the garden.

I usually will thin out the canopy right before flip and let her cruise to finish but this time I decided to leave a little more foliage on and did an under canopy clean up and will wait until day 20 from flip to do a hard defoliation. I've been monitoring for mold or mildew and, so far, the girls aren't showing any so so far so good.

I try not to open up the tent much as I believe the more exposure to outside elements the more chances of disease and pests entering your tent environment. Once mites or mildew get in there it's hard to remove them. Most of the time you can only keep them at bay but not totally eradicate them. Trying to treat the issue by disinfecting the tent and lung room, if that's your setup, doesn't always clear up the issue so, for me, prevention is the best pesticide!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How do u know which ones have or are going to be lard?
@RootsRuler gave you a pretty good answer as to what to cut. Basically, what becomes larf is lower bud sites down on the branches and closer to the main stem. There's more than one reason to "lollipop" your plants ... he was mentioning about disease and pests. I'll second that ... prevention is your best medicine. Once you have mites/mildew/bud-rot it's hard to get rid of. It takes a thorough cleaning and frequently a complete reset (all plants must go) in order to get rid of it completely.

Top Bottom