Magnum XXXL Reflector?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lollipopman

lollipopman

thanks easy for the heads up but i 2 stopped using my rail... i bought the extended kit for 65, witch sucks the eye bolts are not even and the 3.5 motor don't have enough power to move both plus i seen a tremendous yield loss...i finally figured out being a cheap ass on my equipment is not good... my magnum should be here today for my 600 and i ordered a 1000 watt system with a magnum...

B

BoogerGreen

Hey guys I am running one of them Mcguillicutty's in my secrete Jardin Dr 150.. I am most impressed. Just like Tex said biggest footprint available..

Picture176.jpg

GTD

Hey GTD,
Just noticed your only running a fairly small carbon on that with 1000watt? What sort of fan you running, and ducting size, which I am assuming is 6", and Im assuming that the fan is outside the tent? What is the run size? I have just mostly seen people run there fans from inside their tent, but have similiar setup to yours without the sweet ass hood, but was thinking about introducing a hood like that into the mix? I suppose it isnt necessary to have a seperate fan for the hood or carbon really as your setup is and that it works fine. Whats your take on this stuff?

E

easypleasie

Yo lolli, you're really gonna dig the magnums. Sometimes I just stare at them...they're a work of art no doubt. HUGE!

L

Lost

I just picked up one of these yesterday..

Nothing prepares you for how huge these are, LOL!

lollipopman

lollipopman

omfg this thing is huge!!!!! the pics do no justice.. i love how the wire comes out the top and it has more lip for ducting not like others you have 1/2 inch lip...

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey GTD,
Just noticed your only running a fairly small carbon on that with 1000watt? What sort of fan you running, and ducting size, which I am assuming is 6", and Im assuming that the fan is outside the tent? What is the run size? I have just mostly seen people run there fans from inside their tent, but have similiar setup to yours without the sweet ass hood, but was thinking about introducing a hood like that into the mix? I suppose it isnt necessary to have a seperate fan for the hood or carbon really as your setup is and that it works fine. Whats your take on this stuff?

I was using a 6in Elicent in line fan with 6in insulated ducting, that was mounted outside the tent>>>>On the dr150 they have 6in pockets on top and on the sides..the 6inch elicent just dropped right on in the pocket.

I had 2 6in inlines total one for intake, one for outtake

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
there are 2 differnt magnum reflectors one with a 6 inch exhaust and one with an 8. if you plan on running more then 3-4 hoods i would go with the 8 inch. the 8 inch is also bigger and taller then the 6 inch. if you run 1k watts might want the 8 inch as well. it takes roughly 180 cfm to keep a 1k cool.

6 inch 7 1/2 tall
8 inch 9 1/2 tall

lollipopman

lollipopman

well got mine hung up... wow does it make a difference, way better light coverage and light penatration...its worth the $200 plus some....

lollipopman

lollipopman

beezie the light mover is not hooked up im using the 2x4 the light mover is on..

L

Lost

well got mine hung up... wow does it make a difference, way better light coverage and light penatration...its worth the $200 plus some....

Wow, your room looks alot like mine.. hahah :damnhippie:

I cannot wait to get mine up. :character0110: :banana1sv6:

lollipopman

lollipopman

lost, 2 great minds think alike....

beezie its all good..

X

Xceptional

i have it and love it! i'm running one with a 1K hortilux bulb in a 10 x 10 room with 12 site E&G. i dont use the whole room obviously now but i'm going to add at least 1 more of them soon and 12 more sites.

D

dmc65

What kind of ballast are you guys runnin the hortilux with? MY hydro shop said they were designed for a mag ballast and would blow early on a digi. He recommended the ushio bulb w/ digi.

lollipopman

lollipopman

I'm using a 600 digi from htg, never had a problem with the hortilux, but i had problems with other bulbs, just like every thing else you get what you pay for...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I am running mine with both magnetic ballests at one spot, and the sun systems digi at another....no problems with the sun system at all.

lollipopman

lollipopman

well i ordered 1 should get here fri or sat, my buddy bought the big kahuna from htg we are going to do a comparison on them both....

i still gotta get picks up but dont order the big kahuna from htg.. 1st reason is the 6 inch adjustable flanges does not make good seals.. 2nd reason after them shipping us the hood 4 times cause the glass was broke we gave up and just bought some glass that fits witch cost $60. we did get a free hood but that glass was broke so basically we got 2 hoods for $320. after long emails with htg they said their trying to get something built for the glass wont break during shipping... stick with the magnums.....

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
where is thecheapestplace to buy the magnum xxl..

46and2

I'm running in veg right now a 6"xxxl w/1k metal halide and Quantum adjustable on a 3.5 mover

I have two 6" xxxl 1k hortilux red for flower which I plan on putting on a 5.0 mover(I like the movers) w/2 sun pro elites

You can't run two xxxl's on a 3.5 the 6" weigh 33 and the 8"weigh 38 the 3.5 is only rated for 50lbs.

Top Bottom