Malachi new 3 x 4.5 scrog

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weedseed

Nice Malachi :)
I just bought a 4.9 x 4.9x 6.5ft sunhut.It will be my first tent grow.I need the best yield cuz its the first harvest in 6 months.Not sure if I should sog in 2 gal pots,Nine 5 gal soil grows?...or scrog. Like you,I also want to eventually run a 6 site dwc vertical with 1400-1600 watts.Probably 1000 hps and 400 mh.Best wishes.Eager for your results...peace WS

M

Malachi

Weedseed - I personally wouldn't recommend a vertical grow in a 4x4 tent unless you use cooltubes and a portaable ac. I think tents are perfect for scrogs. With the front and back doors you can get to both sides easily for pruning and training. If you are thinking of a SOG style grow look into 1-gallon emily pots. they are super cheap and the bottom is screened so the roots can grow into a coco mat, hydroton or whatever you choose to put them on. You will be able to cram more plants under your light because they are only 6x6 wide. a 4x4 tray with 49 emily pots or 6x6 rockwool cubes would give you a good harvest.

M

Malachi

Ok so it's been a week or so since my last update and I have to say that these girls took right off. This screen is almost 100% full and I vegged for about 2 1/2 weeks. The combination of Flora Nova Grow, Rhino Skin, Cal/Mag, Roots Excel, Great White and Hygrozyme really kicked them into top gear. I will keep filling the screen with the first 2 weeks of stretch after the flip. The canopy is so dense I am sure I will have to keep plucking fans throughout the grow.

winta

winta

dam that screen full as hell my dude! nice and neat underneath too :)

M

Malachi

dam that screen full as hell my dude! nice and neat underneath too :)

Yea bro, in all honesty I was expecting to veg 3-4 weeks. I trimmed out the underbrush about 4 days ago, but I will have to do it again at about the 20 day marker of 12/12.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
dope run so far bro......had to stop in and show some love :) .....keep it up bro

The Joker

The Joker

Looks great to me. One thing I did realise is that I should not have been so afraid to cut fans during the stretch. I didn't cut back until later in flower. When I did the bottom buds were very pale. But that's Bubba Kush a very leafy low yielder. It may be strain dependent.
I know it's sacriligeous, but I think Bubba is a crappy plant. With a better quality bud maker, even shaded buds are solid. I know Sannie cuts any fans that are blocking light to the buds.

Is Bubblegum normally lanky? When you say Indiana Bubblegum, do you mean the real Bubblegum made by the now ( RIP ) deceased Silverback aka Guerilla grower? ( later ripped off by many seed companies).

M

Malachi

dope run so far bro......had to stop in and show some love :) .....keep it up bro

Thanks for the love my friend!

Looks great to me. One thing I did realise is that I should not have been so afraid to cut fans during the stretch. I didn't cut back until later in flower. When I did the bottom buds were very pale. But that's Bubba Kush a very leafy low yielder. It may be strain dependent.
I know it's sacriligeous, but I think Bubba is a crappy plant. With a better quality bud maker, even shaded buds are solid. I know Sannie cuts any fans that are blocking light to the buds.

Is Bubblegum normally lanky? When you say Indiana Bubblegum, do you mean the real Bubblegum made by the now ( RIP ) deceased Silverback aka Guerilla grower? ( later ripped off by many seed companies).

Dude I have been hacking the fuck out of the fans and they keep coming and coming. Yea, it's the indiana bubblegum from Silverback. I got the cut back in the late 90's and have had it ever since. I got it in Boston when it was making it's loops up there. It is lanky, kinda reminds me of the growth pattern of an OG, but doesn't stretch quite that much.

great looking scrog bro!

Thanks man, it's a jungle and is has been pretty tough to tame.

M

Malachi

In the middle of the second week of flower, holy shit homies, hang on its about to get juicy up in this little 4x4 tent.

C

chief greenleaf

Damn Malachi Im glad u PMd me homie, I didnt realize u already started your thread!
Shit is lookin very nice my man, you werent lyin that canopy does look pretty similar to another one Ive seen! Dont be afraid ta chop away at that undergrowth man, youll be glad you did once those buds start fillin in. I hacked away at mine like 3 or 4 times and each time I had a huge pile like 6 inces high and a foot or two around and my canopy is still way overcrowded! Lookin at your canopy you might wanna do a lil more surgery, you just gotta try and imagine every single branch havin a 2-3 inch wide bud on it and make sure theyre all gonna fit! One thing I wish I hadve done more of is gettin rid of all those good size branches that come up just short of the rest of the canopy. They look like nice branches thatll produce good sized buds but they just end up gettin covered up and take up valuble space.

M

Malachi

Damn Malachi Im glad u PMd me homie, I didnt realize u already started your thread!
Shit is lookin very nice my man, you werent lyin that canopy does look pretty similar to another one Ive seen! Dont be afraid ta chop away at that undergrowth man, youll be glad you did once those buds start fillin in. I hacked away at mine like 3 or 4 times and each time I had a huge pile like 6 inces high and a foot or two around and my canopy is still way overcrowded! Lookin at your canopy you might wanna do a lil more surgery, you just gotta try and imagine every single branch havin a 2-3 inch wide bud on it and make sure theyre all gonna fit! One thing I wish I hadve done more of is gettin rid of all those good size branches that come up just short of the rest of the canopy. They look like nice branches thatll produce good sized buds but they just end up gettin covered up and take up valuble space.

Thanks for the tips Chief ... yea man I keep hacking and hacking away but the growth seems to come back twice as strong. I think I am going to go in tonight with a machette and just clean house. I tell you what man these girls are loving the nute schedule I put them on, the growth has been incredible. I gave them Root's Excel and Plant Success early on followed by a dose of great white last week. I picked up a few advanced additives and like the results. I am sure the Rhino Skin and Bud Candy will remain a part of my nute lineup.

M

MASSES 420KING

lookin great mal chair pulled and subscribed cant wait to see what you pull

C

chief greenleaf

Glad ta help my dude, you were quick ta shoot advice my way through out this whole adventure of a first hydro grow so Im def happy ta return the favor man!

Oh yea speakin of nutes I think I told ya about that side by side a few of my buddys were doin right??? Well we all been curious how our BC/Fox Farm recipe would stand up to AN for awhile so they did a lil competition. Anyway they recently it finished up and got some interesting results. Same Afgoo strain, same set up, same everything just dif nutes. They ended up doin the BC/Fox Farm line on one table, AN Connie on another, and threw in the GH Flora line in a third for shits and giggles. As expected AN blew both of em out of the water in yield, dont remember the numbers but it was def by a big margin. The AN was frostier than the others too but everybody agreed that as far as flavor and aroma went the BC/FF was killin the AN and GH! So it looks like AN needs ta work on the flavor/aroma department a lil bit huh!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
What's good Malachi!!! Damn brah, nice setup and scrog... :cool Looks like I'm late for the party, but ready for the show... :movie

M

Malachi

What's good Malachi!!! Damn brah, nice setup and scrog... :cool Looks like I'm late for the party, but ready for the show... :movie

Welcome Shady, glad to have you along bro. This is going to be my last run using this setup. I have experienced great results but with my legal plant count I am venturing into MPB land. I think it should be a smooth transition as long as I keep my nutrient schedule.

M

Malachi

A little update for you guys I trimmed the hell out of the fans and you can start to see bud development, only 2 weeks into flower, but looks like a bunch of popcorn already!

Top Bottom