• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
I need one for sure. Want one just as much too. 😁 Pics get "borrowed" and some in red States can't get alot of likes due to their location they can't really advertise. What about a number generator , comments get numbered, 1-???, Whoever comments at the right time ( number) wins. Ex. 100 comments, number comes up on 50, the 50th comment wins. (Need a new thread for it tho, maybe🤷‍♂️ just a thought. Good luck all and thx for another chance @MarsHydroLED however you decide we will go with it👊🌱💡💡💡
Give away is great but no stings. A straight pull a name from a hat and hope the winner does a journal
We have done some similar forms of activities before, I will sincerely consider your ideas and previous experience, hope that more members to participate in as far as possible, make the giveaway activity is fairer.👊🌱

BigCube

BigCube

We have done some similar forms of activities before, I will sincerely consider your ideas and previous experience, hope that more members to participate in as far as possible, make the giveaway activity is fairer.👊🌱

I've said many times before that I would run a Mars side by side against a kingbrite of equal wattage. I keep a diary here. I dont think Mars wants to give lights to people with better equipment, or those who wont be blown away by the performance. So far its "way better than the burple I was using" and "much better than HPS". But in reality, screw in led bulbs meet that requirement.

Mars isnt looking to just give a light away because they want to be nice. It's a marketing strategy. They arent going to give free product to someone who's just gonna go "meh, they are average".

They are going to give it to the guy who's currently using something worse, and who will talk it up. And I cant blame them for that. It's just business.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
I've said many times before that I would run a Mars side by side against a kingbrite of equal wattage. I keep a diary here. I dont think Mars wants to give lights to people with better equipment, or those who wont be blown away by the performance. So far its "way better than the burple I was using" and "much better than HPS". But in reality, screw in led bulbs meet that requirement.

Mars isnt looking to just give a light away because they want to be nice. It's a marketing strategy. They arent going to give free product to someone who's just gonna go "meh, they are average".

They are going to give it to the guy who's currently using something worse, and who will talk it up. And I cant blame them for that. It's just business.
Hi bigcube, I always respect you, but please kindly stop your nonsense, the false words."They are going to give it to the guy who's currently using something worse, and who will talk it up......"

We will hold the giveaway for all farmers. I have said many times about the sponsor plan here with farmers, many growers PM me that they want to a free light, but we can't sponsor all growers, that's the business, company rules. Also it's not fair for other thcfarmers. That's why we hold the giveaways here, the winner of every giveaway is picked by thcfarmers here, not by Mars Hydro ourselves. if you really love our lights in the near future, welcome to order at any time, if you can run a comparison with other light here at that time, Mars Hydro and other farmers will really appreciate it.

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

I am going with: Give it/win it/ Too the old guy. {me} Who is tired of outdoor grows-It's cold out here in Calif. Who has been looking at tents for the past 3 months.. When it happens I hope I can win Thx Mars

tango.hotel.charlie

tango.hotel.charlie

I'd love a new light too. My old school hid mh has run it's course. I was having issues with the density of my "fruits," and if I win I will definitely conduct an exhaustive grow journal with my new pride and joy😉. Put a smile on my face MARS, in these most trying and uncertain times.

Last edited:
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Give away is great but no stings. A straight pull a name from a hat and hope the winner does a journal
you can use a number randomizer online. Screen capture the process with everyone’s name who entered. The only real way to guarantee it will be fair and unbiased... just my opinion but Someone who could put the light to real use is going to have a hard time with pics wouldn’t you agree?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I'm new around here, and definitely not an experienced established grower, but I do have a little 3x2 cabinet space i currently have 240w of fluorescent tubes in. I would much like to try a fairly nice led light sometime but they cost so much...
I saw a suggestion of a contest based on best picture or something of the sort? I have to say that is a terrible idea, because not all of us have 'picture worthy' grows, much less contest worthy... 🤷 i like the idea of just posting a reply and drawing random numbers as its unbiased and most fair. Just my thoughts thanks

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
a local guy pitched me some @MarsHydroLED lights the other day, i asked if would give me 10$% off , he said that would ruin his margin... i lolled

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
My farmers, here, Mars Hydro 420 giveaway!

WankirA

WankirA

Thanks for your answer, I really need it.
From the experience before, it seems that some farmers have not good feeling for our giveaways. So I need you guys advice, do it or not? If free light, which activity form farmers prefer?
Hey Mars hydro; The poor feeling (imo) is because you apply conditions (i dont have ANY social media accounts: so im out before i get a chance..or must have been growing for x years (seen that on another marsHydro post elsewhere)

Can't you just send a name plucked from a pool (reply to.this thread style) a tent &/or light to match and ask if they can do a journal instead of deliberatly excluding the newer growers there by alienating them before they have full exposure to what your equipment CAN do.

But thats just my take on it.

Edit:
Just seen your comp rules in the above post (missed it before first reply) but same thing...

How many years.... For journaling i get it, but thats not part of comp, so why??
Why we want Mars Hydro gear.. Again, why as it forms no.part of.competition?
And most likes wins?! Seriously? So its now a popularity contest???
Oh and vouchers.........😒

Sorry MarsH, your equipmnent is nice for sure (a tad expensve) but great stuff and id love to get my hands on some of your kit, however you're wide of the mark.

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

Hi bigcube, I always respect you, but please kindly stop your nonsense, the false words."They are going to give it to the guy who's currently using something worse, and who will talk it up......"

We will hold the giveaway for all farmers. I have said many times about the sponsor plan here with farmers, many growers PM me that they want to a free light, but we can't sponsor all growers, that's the business, company rules. Also it's not fair for other thcfarmers. That's why we hold the giveaways here, the winner of every giveaway is picked by thcfarmers here, not by Mars Hydro ourselves. if you really love our lights in the near future, welcome to order at any time, if you can run a comparison with other light here at that time, Mars Hydro and other farmers will really appreciate it.

If this is truly the case, I apologize. I assumed you would be like most companies and try to get the best bang for your buck. I would truly love to compare your fixture to another of the same wattage kingbrite. To be honest I think they would be very close. Perhaps one day I'll find myself with one to compare. There is no doubt that the new mars lights can do the job. From what I've seen, they work well.

Again, my apologies. I assumed you were like most other companies. Next time I'll double check before I make claims like that 👍

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I don’t really care for the contest but it would be nice to see someone who actually hangs out here win the light this time.
90% of the contestants from last time just hopped over from other sites to try to win something free. Lots of new members(multiple accounts) come in just to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom