Massive Outdoor 2015 Northern Cali Grow,,,,

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

"Nearing the finish line" means one thing in this world, time to get trimmin'!
aka buying more rubbing alcohol, scissors and pizzas for everyone. Also listening to people complain about cherry picking and stealing the good seats in the room. Yes it is true. I have graduated from being a trimmer to a trim mom

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

More cherry pie. It is rock hard. I jinxed myself by saying were gonna have good weather. Got 30 mph gusts last night and lighting. About 5 percent of the plants fell over because they are so top heavy. Gotta fix this issue next year for sure.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

aka buying more rubbing alcohol, scissors and pizzas for everyone. Also listening to people complain about cherry picking and stealing the good seats in the room. Yes it is true. I have graduated from being a trimmer to a trim mom

Trim mom? Your a female?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I was actually going to say another example of a great female grower is why I bring it up. Don't mean to offend, and now I get what your saying. So your just another excellent male grower...lol.

My wife doesn't really visit the garden on a daily, she takes care of the kid. However, when she does come out she is like a deficiency spotting machine. She will be walking through the greenhouse and stop on a dime and say, "this plant looks like crap, lets up this and that, ext." When I have walked past the same plant 20 times that day, and skipped right by it. My mind see's the entire project over the individual plant sometimes. Especially in the spring when I have extra starts.

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

Crazy to me, being an indoor east coast grower, how freakin big outdoor grows get. I don't envy the trimming though!Must take an army days to get it done.
Awesome grow.
Good luck with the "fruits" of your labor!

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I was actually going to say another example of a great female grower is why I bring it up. Don't mean to offend, and now I get what your saying. So your just another excellent male grower...lol.

My wife doesn't really visit the garden on a daily, she takes care of the kid. However, when she does come out she is like a deficiency spotting machine. She will be walking through the greenhouse and stop on a dime and say, "this plant looks like crap, lets up this and that, ext." When I have walked past the same plant 20 times that day, and skipped right by it. My mind see's the entire project over the individual plant sometimes. Especially in the spring when I have extra starts.
I am similar to your wife then. Whenever I walk through the gardens I barely notice the good healthy plants and I pretty much only focus on all of the bad stuff I see. I dwell on caterpillar damage , stalk rot , bugs and mold. I will walk by a healthy plant and not give it any attention and look right past it to one with yellowing leaves. Everyone I bring to view the gardens doesn't ever notice any of the bad stuff either unless it's really obvious.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Crazy to me, being an indoor east coast grower, how freakin big outdoor grows get. I don't envy the trimming though!Must take an army days to get it done.
Awesome grow.
Good luck with the "fruits" of your labor!
It's about to be about 6 to 8 weeks of solid work ahead. Thank god I got the workers their own house to trim everything. My fiancé hates having all the people over messing up the house and tracking herb everywhere. It gets really old after a little bit but the new house is working awesome and it's all about doing whatever has to be done to get the job done

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

It was a pretty crazy day yesterday.. The high wind gusts knocked over 10 or 11 monster plants.. At one garden we reused the cages I built last year for all of the hundred gallon pots.. So this year we upgraded to 200 gallon pots and instead of building new cages we decided to set the hundred gallon cages on top of the 200 gallon bags of dirt... This created taller and weaker cages that are more likely to fall over in high winds or a rain storm... AKA "taking short cuts" this has turned into a major problem and we have had to manually lift up huge plants with 4 or 5 people and tie them up with rope to 8 foot T posts.. We ended up harvesting the ones that couldn't be saved (about 3 out of the 11 plants) a lot of branches broke and the other 8 should be fine.. yesterday was crazy-- so today were gonna go buy about 15 or 20 more T posts and support anything that looks sketchy.. We are also gonna finish dialing the dry room we just built and run a good amount of material through the triminator... Side note- The garden that gets more sun and we used all of the bigger cages that fit snug around the grow bag has had almost no damage compared to the other garden and is looking awesome..... Another day in paradise

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Got a ton of stuff done today. Added extra support to all the dry rooms. Hooked up all the last fans and de hums before the big harvest comes in. Supported the rest of the cages to make sure no more monster plants fall over. Tons of tying up and selective harvesting as we'll. here's some pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom