Massive Outdoor 2015 Northern Cali Grow,,,,

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@MendoGiantZ -- t-posts can start getting spendy, and they're a pain in the ass to pull back out. We started using conduit and cut it off at an angle on one end, then drive that into the ground. MUCH cheaper and generally just as strong (so far for me), and you can pull them back out to use elsewhere.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Conduit? What kind? EMT? What size pipe, diameter and length?

I like my T-posts, but my father in law is an electrical contractor that has lots and lots of pipe.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Um... It's about 10'-12' long, and it's thicker than my finger? I don't know! :o I'll have to ask the hubster.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Gimme a minute. Ok, this shows the posts that hubs cemented into the cinderblock retaining wall. When I need more, I just stick the rest in the front and sides, then I can trellis.

IMAG1002

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

lol, EMT is just metal conduit that is fairly thin, however rated for outdoor use. One on it's own might be weak, but several tied together creating a unistucture would be plenty of support. Maybe your talking ridged conduit?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's smooth, inside and out. I thought the ridged stuff would have ridges. Like those potato chips or somethin'. Errmehgerd.

Btw, I TOLD you I'm cheap! :p En español, se dice, "Soy tacaño." Soy mucho tacaño!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
D'oh! FUCCK! That is so messed up, I was smoking a joint when I read that and coughed the whole thing out! Now I'm choking because I'm hauging je ass off!!

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
3/4" emt is pretty solid I think if you use rigid you can go 1/2" pipe. They are all 10ft lengths. 1" rigid is a little over kill in my opinion. I have a hard time bending 3/4" emt with a bender tool. 1/2" emt is weak.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What does EMT stand for? My husband has likely already told me, but I forget.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So I am already planning for next year. Here are some thoughts on what I need to fix. My biggest issues are. Stalk rot from either over watering or hand watering and getting the stalk wet to often and having it be surrounded by wet dirt for long periods of time. I am going to use a plastic ring to block the water from hitting the stalk and also transplant them into much bigger pots earlier and put them about 4 or 5 inches out of the big 200 gallon pot so the stalk is raised above the rest of the dirt. Also I am gonna hook up a sophisticated drip system.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Problem #2. The weeds and gophers. - going to do all of my gardens next year in orgAnized rows. Going to do the chicken wire underneath again for the gophers it seemed to work really good. Going to look online and see if I can find massive rolls of the strong weed blocking plastic. I am probly gonna try and find the six foot wide by about 1000 foot roll if I can and cover the entire row in black weed cloth.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Problem #3. Support system. - I have had 11 massive plants completely fall over and bend the whole cage this year. It's truly devastating and overwhelming at the same time. Next year I am going to do massive rows and build the simple hoop house structure that Humbolt locals built in his super popular thread. I am going to cut the cages a tiny bit shorter and start with them and then cover the hoop houses with the plastic trellis netting. Any other ideas with this would be greatly appreciated.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Problem #4. Caterpillars and bugs. - this year I have a very small issue with spider mites. I got them from the guy I lease the land from ( he does a couple plants for head stash and they are covered with mites). So next year I am going to buy the nice heavy duty gas back pack sprayer and make sure to spray his plants as well. I am going to spray way more for caterpillars. Especially right at the beginning of flower. The caterpillars are a serious problem this year and I need to be way more on top of it next year.

Top Bottom