Massive Outdoor 2015 Northern Cali Grow,,,,

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Soon to no longer be "my neck o' the woods." Let me talk to Blaze, I'm sure he's super-busy right now. I'll see if we can get you two hooked up on a more personal level.
Thx. I kinda pieced all the plants together last minute. My friends came through for me big time. I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do with the 4 mother plants that are head height. The 3 cherry pies are already shoulder height as we'll. Gonna have to bend the crap out of them and tie em down.
I kinda wish I had that problem! :p

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Got everything totally spread out and netted up for support. We bent the big cherry pie plants under the net as well as the three big mom plants. Watered everything with organic fish, kelp, and twenty gallons of compost tea the guy at bio logic gave me for free. I decided on upgrading both Gardens with large tea brewing pumps and holding tanks this year. Starting flowering this evening. Gonna cover the tarps at 530 pm and uncover them well after dark. That is the right way to do it correct ???

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

what is the exact time I should be covering my greenhouses with the blackout tarp. I thought 530 pm was correct but someone else said 5 pm. Help please !!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I could have sworn 5:30 was what Blaze said, but I'd have to go back and double check. All you need to do is make sure they're getting sufficient veg time/daylight length, and then when ready to flower covered up in time, right? I'd use the daylight hours tool to make certain about the day length, April, like September, is a month with huge photoperiod changes.

http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So it says first daylight is at 645 am or so. So covering them up at 530 pm would give them 11 hours of light and would trigger flowering. It would also ensure that they get twelve hours of light or less through out the entire flowering period. Is it weird they will start at 11 hours of light and end up closer to getting twelve hours of light at the end?? Most theories I have heard say to start with 12 hours of light and start cutting it a little bit at the end to get them to finish faster. Anyway I guess as long as they don't get more then 12 hours of light they should be fine

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, I think they'll be fine with 11hrs of light and 13 dark all the way through. I mean of course you can make those adjustments, but I can't say that they'll truly finish up faster doing it that way, I've only read about doing this inside to save money. I tried one grow doing it 11/13, used less power, didn't see faster finishing, saw the same finishing on less power.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Should I make adjustments to try and keep it closer to twelve hours of light. It would be easy to have him cover the tarp at 620 pm or so and every couple days cut it back a couple minutes to adjust with the daylight times changing

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Honestly, I think that you'll be ok either way. I would not try to make timing adjustments here, based on what Blaze and others have reported it could end up becoming your life, and not in a good way. I say keep it simple for this one. Choose your timing and just stick to it.

Would you like me to get in touch with him off-site?

Blaze

Blaze

Looking good... The main thing to remember on your dep schedule is to just make sure they get 12 hours of light - the exact time will vary depending on your location and the time of year. For my spot, at the time of year we usually dep, 5:30 was 12 hours from sunrise. This early in the year, you can definitely go a little later. If the sun isn't up till 6:45 at your spot, then something like covering at 6:20 like Sea recommended would be fine. You want to keep your light cycle fairly exact but a little variation over the course of the dep won't hurt anything. The most important thing by far is to make sure you don't regularly miss covering the greenhouse - that is what usually causes problems.

Oh and I would also recommend the FarmTek Sunmaster plastic that papapayne posted a link to. The cheap stuff you buy at the hardware store is terrible, even the thicker 10 mil. All it takes is one good wind storm to shred it. Plus it isn't UV treated so it breaks down really fast, you will be lucky to even get one season out of it. Once it become weak and brittle from being in the sun it starts to break apart into tons of tiny little pieces and it gets EVERYWHERE. I'm still finding little pieces of it on my property from when we used it like 4 years ago.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Looking good... The main thing to remember on your dep schedule is to just make sure they get 12 hours of light - the exact time will vary depending on your location and the time of year. For my spot, at the time of year we usually dep, 5:30 was 12 hours from sunrise. This early in the year, you can definitely go a little later. If the sun isn't up till 6:45 at your spot, then something like covering at 6:20 like Sea recommended would be fine. You want to keep your light cycle fairly exact but a little variation over the course of the dep won't hurt anything. The most important thing by far is to make sure you don't regularly miss covering the greenhouse - that is what usually causes problems.

Oh and I would also recommend the FarmTek Sunmaster plastic that papapayne posted a link to. The cheap stuff you buy at the hardware store is terrible, even the thicker 10 mil. All it takes is one good wind storm to shred it. Plus it isn't UV treated so it breaks down really fast, you will be lucky to even get one season out of it. Once it become weak and brittle from being in the sun it starts to break apart into tons of tiny little pieces and it gets EVERYWHERE. I'm still finding little pieces of it on my property from when we used it like 4 years ago.
Thx a lot for all the good info. This year we are only going to do one round of dep and try to replant into the 300 gallon pots June first after we cut them down. Next year I am gonna try to do one whole prospect all lights dep and try to get three rounds in. I will definitely use the sun master greenhouse material next year.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

This is the last year I don't make my own clones for my outdoor season. I got 2 trays of blue dream. (Same cut as last year from dark heart nursery ). One and a half trays of double dream. Twenty San Fernando valley ogs. Twenty of the original OG (also known as the pre 98 OG). Five holy grail OG and five Venom OG.. Also have 10 cherry pie and ten of the same sour diesels from last year. Supplemental lights come on at 11 pm at night and go off at 645 am. I will start winding that down every fifteen minutes or so every couple days.

papapayne

papapayne

Yea, buying clones can add up - and seeing the cut flower out always puts my mind at ease compared to trusting things didnt get mislabeled or just mistakes. Dark heart has a great reputation, so would feel right as rain with them though.

papapayne

papapayne

out of curiosity, what is the reasoning for running the light so long/all night? I only ask because I am only running my light from 8pm -midnight, so am curious to see the difference. When do you plan on giving them their first true "night" I am to give mine the first full night on the waxing moon in may -believe its the 23rd this year, would have to check the almanic on that to confirm. as the sunsets later, I will start cutting the lights back to match.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

i normally run the lights from midnight or so until 6 am to give them around 19 hours of light. But since All the clones were on 24 hours of light and they just got transplanted I figured I would give them another hour or so just to ensure they didn't get stressed and start to flower ( not much reasoning behind my logic :). I probably should have just kept it normal and had them come on at 1230 or so but i figured it couldn't hurt. My normal date to take off the supplemental lights and put them in there big pots is May 20th.

Top Bottom