Massive Outdoor 2015 Northern Cali Grow,,,,

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We just set it up today. Supposed to be in the 40 s for the next week. If it gets super cold at night I have a couple heaters I can throw in there to bump it up a couple degrees at night

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
We just set it up today. Supposed to be in the 40 s for the next week. If it gets super cold at night I have a couple heaters I can throw in there to bump it up a couple degrees at night

As long as you stay above freezing you should be fine. A heater definitely helps!

outwest

papapayne

papapayne

man, turn around for a minute, and a whole lot happens in here! Love the progress man, Id bet 30 days will definitely fill some space in. Never ceases to amaze me how plants blow up in the sunlight.

papapayne

papapayne

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Cable-Cord-o-Lite-Standard-Connector/dp/B00004SQJJ/ref=sr_1_1?m=A1PCUIINTCGL0C&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1456453614&sr=1-1&keywords=Coleman+Cable+07145+100'+Cord-o-Lite+14/2+SJTW,+15-Amp+Standard,+Plastic+Guard,+No+Plug+&+Connector

I like this, as it spreads out easily. Throw some Leds or compact florescents in and it should work great. 14w per bulb when using led/compact florescents, so wattage shouldn't be a problem even if doubled up.

just ordered one myself. thats a good buy right there!!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

That sounds like a good plan. A lot of my friends do that method and it works great. Prolly better then My cages. I'm gonna try a couple but I spent a ton of $$$$ on those damn cages and taking them all to the dump in a u haul is a pain in the ass. If you go to you tube and type in Mendo dope he has like a 6 hour film he made of a start to finish garden and it's very impressive and he uses the same method you were talking about I think.
Yeah those wee rappin fuckers can grow!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Congrats on those soil tests brother. Very nice indeed. @leadsled should chime in first, as he is the pro. I think he is out of the state right now, might be a minute.

From what I see, those tests are quite nice. You will be very happy you saved that soil.

Your TEC is money. 28% is just about perfect.

PH is slightly high, should be at 6.4. However, right on the money.

Your organic material % is a little low, but the cover crop will help add organic matter to that equation. Next season you might want to add some compost.

Next lets look at the Base Saturation %'s. Each one of these values effects the others. All total 100%.

Desired values: Calcium 65% ------- you have 67%

Mg 15% ----------- you have 14+%

Potassium 3-6% ----------- you have 5+%

Sodium 0 - 0.5% ------------ You have .5%

This is all looking great, and balanced quite well. I would hold back on Potassium a little.

Now the trace elements:

Desired Value: Boron .7 --------- you have .69

Manganeese 40-50 --------- you have 60

Copper 3-5 ------------ you have 4.61

Zinc 5-10 ------------ You have 30.75 This is quite high, watch out for additional zinc inputs

I have to admit, this test seems like one of the better soil tests I have seen. What do you think @leadsled? Pretty good huh? As far as giving you advice on amounts, I will leave that up to Leadsled. He just gave me my inputs, and it is the easiest recommendations I have ever received. 500g of this per yard, 200g of that. Super easy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's fascinating to me to read that an OM level of almost 13% is low, when I just read some other farmers boasting about getting his up to 6%. Grass farmer (rancher), but still.

Blaze

Blaze

That's fascinating to me to read that an OM level of almost 13% is low, when I just read some other farmers boasting about getting his up to 6%. Grass farmer (rancher), but still.

Cannabis thrives on very high OM, I usually shoot for 15-20% minimum in my outdoor soil, but the more the better. My light dep mix (which used Black Gold as the base) has usually tested around 25%. I've seen some friends test as high as 33% and the plant loved it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom