Medical CFL Grow Box ! HERE WE GO !

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

I think reddish stems r an understatement! my stalks are so red they are purple.
Not good!
I love the learning curve of things!

Nobody becomes a pro the first day

S

Sense I. Milla

OK did some additional research and I think you also have a potassium (k) deficiency. I think the yellow spots are cal/mag def., and the purple stems are definitely a potassium (k) def... hope this helps cure your prob...

F

frostedlove

OK did some additional research and I think you also have a potassium (k) deficiency. I think the yellow spots are cal/mag def., and the purple stems are definitely a potassium (k) def... hope this helps cure your prob...

Need to boost up nuts. First week been giving them just little bit at a time. The way everyone says start them off slow on new nuts. Guess I went to slow. LOL so funny damed if I do and damed if I dont. LOL

thanks again bro

F

frostedlove

Low Stress Training Day 1

Started tie down process today (AGAIN) this time slow and steady does it. Don't want to bend them to breakage point. Want to stress the LOW stress idea That surrounds this whole way of growing.

Hope it works well

Also you will see another cfl I hung from above its a 65watt from The home depo 15 bucks
anything helps I can guess

stay tuned for more cfl home grown fun

untitled_event_-_9.jpg
untitled_event_-_6.jpg
untitled_event_-_4.jpg
untitled_event_-_2.jpg
untitled_event_-_3.jpg
untitled_event_-_1.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

Ya LOW stress training is right... You'll def. get more light coverage to all the internodes thus more fruit!

F

frostedlove

Cloner

Day 4 DIY-Cloner is doing well. The beans I put in there have good tap roots set and one has popped out to welcome itself to the world. SWEET. So far so good on the cheap foam inserts. Got to change water today, those root plugs have mucked up the water. How often do others change there rooting water?

F

frostedlove

Cal-Meg Working

Well three days after drastic purple stems and limbs, the new numbs see to be all green.

I used the recommended dosage of the cal-meg and also did a diluted solution of foliage spray to help speed up the repairs.

Will update with pics latter.

Need to get a ph meter so I can start testing everything and get these nuits all dialed in.

I read the stems will not go back to green but all new growth will be green. What about the main stem?

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

Cool setup man. I have a similar setup just not nearly as many bulbs. I have only 2, a 42 watt and a 55 watt. I also have a 20 watt 24" t12 ecolux. I started 2 seeds and they are 49 days old now, still in veg. One is Lst with about 12 nodes @ 1/2 in apart but is very minature looking. The other one is 12" tall with 8 nodes. My problem with this setup is that my plants are just to damn small. They started off strong as seedlings but have since lost their vigor. Maybe with the amount of watts you have will make some difference for you. Good luck man!! I will be along for the ride!

F

frostedlove

Cool setup man. I have a similar setup just not nearly as many bulbs. I have only 2, a 42 watt and a 55 watt. I also have a 20 watt 24" t12 ecolux. I started 2 seeds and they are 49 days old now, still in veg. One is Lst with about 12 nodes @ 1/2 in apart but is very minature looking. The other one is 12" tall with 8 nodes. My problem with this setup is that my plants are just to damn small. They started off strong as seedlings but have since lost their vigor. Maybe with the amount of watts you have will make some difference for you. Good luck man!! I will be along for the ride!

How far are your lights away from plants? I have seen many of the designs on the net for stealth DIY cfl boxes people mount lights and don't ever move them again. I move mine around everyday so they stay 4-5 inchs max away from plant. They say "close as you can get without burning". I am lucky in the fact I am at home 24-7 right now. So I can go down and check and move as needed.

F

frostedlove

Healthy green growth

Well looks like the feeding Cal-Mag and the foliage feeding worked to correct the lack of P and K

Did a few more low stress strings here and there

Here is a couple of pics.....
fun3.jpg
fun2.jpg
fun1.jpg
fun4.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

sweet

Good deal. Now I'm not a soil expert but you should try and get your ph dialed at 7, they can't get all there nutes otherwise and happy growing!:sun

F

frostedlove

Today going to change lights around a bit. I am not happy with light distro so I think I am going to do more hanging up and down instead of the lights on all sides. Will upload more pics tonight when I get it figured out.
vertlight2.jpg
vertlight1.jpg

So lights are now vertical! I read that CFLs do best pointing down. I still need to put the two bigger CFLs up, but I have to figure how were to place them.

CFLs work but I sure can tell that a big light is the real way to go. I knew this all along but What the HELL. Why NOT!

stay-tuned for more green frosted love!

F

frostedlove

VEG ROOM and the BLue dream GIRLS

Hi KIDS
Its time again for another episode of
"Oh how getto and cheap can we do THIS"

Got my free SICKLeY clones from the
grow store give away. I would think when one is wanting to show
case or promote there services,You would want to show the best you
have to offer. NOT the worst.

So not to complain cause well "what do you expect" when there free
kinda thing.

Here are the new blue dream ALL stars
freeclones231.jpg
freeclones23.jpg
freeclones21.jpg
freeclones24.jpg

I built a quick veg room to get these girls looking better. Cost for out of pocket was 98 cents cause I had everything else around here. Its so funny you guys have no idea. 3 days before I started this grow dairy I was about to drop 6 G's into a real deal show but changed my mind last minute and we are out of here in 2 months............ sooooooo getto is how its got to go

This whole operation is out of pocket cost maybe 50 bucks or so. Maybe even a little less. So we are "going to rock it till the wheels fall off"
veggroom1.jpg
veggroom2.jpg
veggroom5.jpg
veggroom4.jpg

And we have our other cloning department. The free clone container I got at the Indoor gardening Expo. and My 30watt aquarium hood. I saw this exact set-up but a little nicer. You know all set up made to fit. But either way was a cloner container and a aquarium hood with vent and it was 80 bucks at the grow store. Nice and clean but my home made job will work too.

F

frostedlove

NUITLOCK DOWN...."Where you going?" NOWHERE!

Well Warden has put all Girls on NUIT lockdown! Oh the mistakes of a newbie.......hehehe The only plant not on Nuit lockdown is the Thai and poor girl
is just a stump with a few branches after the accident..
I would already have the ph stuff but.......

Stoner Grow stores do not open till 11...........Well untill then its bong loads and coffee.....:RastaBong::coffee

F

frostedlove

So went to Growstore and they did not have ph test strips
The liquid water test will not work because I use Roots Organics
and the color of my nuits is chocolate milk color so have to get strips
I did get a better Idea with the vile and color change but not 100 dialed

P

puffinpiff

right on frosted, well done for 1st time ghetto grow! be careful not to take on more than u can fit in ur box with the clones and seedlings and whatnot. and ya don't wanna veg the blue dream too long either, itll get big. nice job lst'ing and training tho, and don't sweat the busted thai/skunk, everyone makes that mistake at least once, and if they say they haven't their either fibbin or don't do much training/tying. don't give up, the 2nd run almost always yields a good bit more than the 1st! Good luck, We're all ROOTin for ya! (lol sry, plant humor, couldn't help myself)

O

Old HAGgler

good looking first grow man.

my exp. (especially with clones) if your wasting the time and money day in and day out to get some good smoke, why not just pay the 10$ and get a good clone??

veg that shit out, then cut 10 clones off that, and your set.

dont flower one, keep it, then cut 10 off that, and so on

super easy and cheap way to not have to deal with bad clones. i think they were given away because they didnt want to sell them, i mean they looked more stressed than mary kate olsen at a buffet

F

frostedlove

2 week Flower pics CFL

Well still fighting this cal-mag denf, lost a lot of older growth leves but when looking at other week two flower they are not hurting that bad for for good ol CFL's
floweweek2close8.jpg
floweweek2close7.jpg
floweweek2close6.jpg
floweweek2close5.jpg
floweweek2close4.jpg
floweweek2close3.jpg
floweweek2close1.jpg
floweweek2close2.jpg

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

How far are your lights away from plants? I have seen many of the designs on the net for stealth DIY cfl boxes people mount lights and don't ever move them again. I move mine around everyday so they stay 4-5 inchs max away from plant. They say "close as you can get without burning". I am lucky in the fact I am at home 24-7 right now. So I can go down and check and move as needed.

Well I have had them anywhere from 2" upto maybe 6" above the tops, but heat was my issue. I had to keep them pretty high at times because it can hit 95-100 degrees here where I live. Ive got tired of the slow growth so I installed a 250 watt MH earlier this week. Now im just leaving the closet door open with a big box fan blowing in. I will let you know how it turns out, but im still just vegging trying to get bigger plants to clone from. Anyways your shit is looking pretty good man, keep up the good work!

F

frostedlove

Well I have had them anywhere from 2" upto maybe 6" above the tops, but heat was my issue. I had to keep them pretty high at times because it can hit 95-100 degrees here where I live. Ive got tired of the slow growth so I installed a 250 watt MH earlier this week. Now im just leaving the closet door open with a big box fan blowing in. I will let you know how it turns out, but im still just vegging trying to get bigger plants to clone from. Anyways your shit is looking pretty good man, keep up the good work!

I am lucky in the heat department where my box is it never gets above 65 and in the night the temp gets to 60. I would love to just go buy a bigger light but cant really throw a couple hundy into the box cause that would cut into my smoke money hella bad. So its CFLs or till a craigslist trade brakes out

Top Bottom